Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

泉まくら (izumi makura) new album "愛ならば知っている" (ai naraba shitteiru) release

"kawaii" indie hip-hopstress izumi makura will release a new album on April 22, 2015!

zLFGRIq.jpg

泉まくら『愛ならば知っている』

2015 4/22 発売

型番 sube-040

販売価格 2,000円(税込)

レーベル 術ノ穴

1. baby pro.by DJ Mitsu the Beats

2. pinky pro.by YAV(MADSOMA)

3. Love pro.by Olive Oil

4. Lullaby pro.by 食品まつり

5. YOU pro.by nagaco

6. Circus pro.by Olive Oil

7. 愛ならば知っている

8. 幻 pro.by nagaco

9. 明日を待っている pro.by LIBRO

https://twitter.com/macra_iz/

http://subenoana.net/artists/macra

https://www.facebook.com/izumimakura

-

The producers for this album look great. I imagine she might be taking over DAOKO's fanbase

^ in order to take over Daoko's fanbase, she needs some major appeal by having e.g. feats, cameos and whatnot (seeing as Daoko's collabs with i.a. m-flo and TeddyLoid in the past gave her some j-hip-hop (and later J-pop) exposure) :V

(fun fact: J-netizens (especially from 2ch boards) are already bashing on Izumi for being a 'Daoko knockoff'* (rabid stans or not? You be the judge), rofl - I am not sharing their stance FYI)

Might look forward to this.

*I think this was due to "husky, half-whispering kawaii rap" becoming Daoko's "exclusive trademark" in terms of major J-music understanding - just me tho!

^ in order to take over Daoko's fanbase, she needs some major appeal by having e.g. feats, cameos and whatnot (seeing as Daoko's collabs with i.a. m-flo and TeddyLoid in the past gave her some j-hip-hop (and later J-pop) exposure) :V

"Taking over daoko's fanbase" was perhaps a poor choice of words, as I didn't mean it quite as literally. What I meant by that is izumi might appeal more to fans of the whole indie/alt-hip hop aesthetic now that daoko's music has shifted a bit more into jpop territory.

I'm not sure if Izumi is trying to go the same route as daoko, but if that's the case, then she would definitely need to work with mainstream/jpop-friendly acts. As for J-hip hop exposure, Izumi is signed to Fragment's label (subenoana) and has already worked with some extremely reputable/respectable names in the J-hip hop world (in addition to Fragment themselves): OMSB from SIMI LAB, EVISBEATS, mabanua (ovall)...and now Olive Oil, LIBRO, and DJ Mitsu the Beats (GAGLE). It doesn't get much more legit than this.

(fun fact: J-netizens (especially from 2ch boards) are already bashing on Izumi for being a 'Daoko knockoff'* (rabid stans or not? You be the judge), rofl - I am not sharing their stance FYI)

*I think this was due to "husky, half-whispering kawaii rap" becoming Daoko's "exclusive trademark" in terms of major J-music understanding - just me tho!

This is pure, nonsensical stanning. Technically, Izumi was active before daoko and even released her first album a month prior to daoko's debut. Izumi and Daoko both sound the same, but other than that, I don't see a reason to call either a knockoff or a copycat. They both practically appeared around the same time, on 2 different labels that share EXTREMELY similar aesthetics (subenoana and LOW HIGH WHO? respectively), both backed by great producers. Daoko's career just managed to skyrocket into the mainstream/jpop world, thus more people know about her and associate her with this sound. Izumi may be lesser known, but to call her a knockoff would be inaccurate.

Sign in to follow this