emmny

The OFFICIAL RPDR Discussion Thread

i was robbed of my valuable time watching this fucking season because it was fucking obvious who would win anyway so i didn't even bother watching the fucking finale

Edited by midi:nette

I didn't bother watching the finale either. 

This season was set up, I loved Alaska but by the end I lost some respect for her. 

Bullshit Rigged show.

e7lN9dm.gif

Safe to say: it is now. 

Edited by Platy

How come I only realized now that "RPDR" stood for RuPaul's Drag Race? Hella late. I never realized we had a Drag Race thread. X'D

Anyway, on that latest All-Stars, I am still deeply affected by the obvious strings being pulled business. Alyssa and/or Tatianna not, AT LEAST, being in the top 3 pains me to no end. 

1 hour ago, midi:nette said:

Ginger was robbed on s7 btw, that was a shitty season

YES, we could've had at least a Katya-Violet-Ginger top 3 but no, Pearl had to be there for no reason at all

All Stars was rigged for Alaska, yes, but truth be told, she came in to win and deserved it. Tatianna and Alyssa went home too early (would've loved a top 3 consisting of Alaska, Katya and Alyssa), but they wouldn't win anyway.

I'm glad tatianna went early (loved her )  because she was waaaay above the competition . She was there to win, not fuck around crying about '' friends''. 

And if I was Roxxxy I'd be so ashamed to tell people I was 3rd place in All Stars only cuz my friends' pity me. She should've had some shame and said '' look y'all you saved me twice already, it's time I left though''

Dunno why everyone loves ginger, I laughed out loud when they showed she was in all stars lol 

'someone's gotta go home first'

Edited by Platy

Any thoughts on the season premiere? Any favorites? (I still have to think about it)

Also, what do you think about the end of the ep? :D 

Edited by Jigsaw9

Most Queens this season have a rough edge to their style...it doesn't seem as polished as previous seasons BUT it's no big deal. 

My favorites are Shea Coulle and Nina Bo'Nina. They are BEAUTIFUL in and out of drag omfg Nina's looks are gonna kill me, I know it. Which remindes me I also love Sasha Velour. I just have a soft spot for artsy Queens and I'm hoping, please, that this season they will get a chance instead of being shunned for their weirdness. 

We already now who's gonna go soon (if you watched untucked) she's already feeling out of it after the first episode, honestly her look and personality make me recoil. (I forgot her name lmao but it's the one from Milwaake sorry I can't spell that :c) 

Who Ru brought back I have no idea, at first I thought cocoa montresse, now I'm thinking shangela. I can't recall people from last season but it's probably one of them. 

I think this season will be more interesting than last one, but I don't understand what Ru means no one is going home. 

Did he mean just for the first episode?

Ps: thank you Netflix for having S9! Thank you for saving me from the ilegal path of crusty stream videos. Thank you. 

Edited by Platy

My favorites are (and who I really want as a top 3), as of episode 1:

1. Kimora Blac

2. Nina

3. Shea

Sasha is gonna get the Max/Acid Betty treatment. 

I really want Kimora for the crown. She's hilarious, sexy in and out of drag, not self-aware but not not self-aware, beautiful paint  - let the dumb slut win! 

Edited by The Moon

At first I wasn't really impressed with the cast, except Sasha Velour, mostly cuz I wasn't really famililar with them. Their looks on the reveal didn't really impress me or show me who they were, but Sasha really stuck out not only cuz of her baldness, but because how unique and artsy fartsy she seemed to be. At the first episode however, that changed and I fell in LOVE with Nina Bonina Osama bin Laden Rodham Clinton Brown and her outlandish drag~ She is top 3 material for sure!! I've also fallen for Valentina in and out of drag; she's probably the hottest guy in all drag race herstory ;w; but her skills are amazing (so far) for only 10 months of experience.

I wasn't too impressed with the reveal of Aja, but I kinda liked her since my weeb ass is a sucker for "anime queens". I was scared that RPDR (Michelle, specifically) were gonna make the same awful anime puns that they used on Kim Chi, but thank gawd that hasn't happened at all, nor has anime ever been mentioned again ((so far)). I think they finally realized how cringey "anime-zing" was and realized that they should focus more on Aja's busted-ass mug 😂😂😂

Spoiler

The reveal of Cynthia Lee Fontaine returning as the 14th queen was a great surprise in the second episode!! I was expecting Coco Montrese or Jasmine Masters, speaking from rumors and shit, but I'm so happy Cynthia's back!! I fucking loved her in s8!! It was pretty neat that they saved the eliminations for the second episode since I didn't have to be subject to spoilers early x)

Jaymes Mansfield's elimination was probably the most tragic first-elimination, because that bitch was just LOST from the very beginning. I remember watching a video of hers when the cast was first announced, and she was actually a bit more bubbly than she was here; here, she showed nothing at all except fear, which ultimately brought her down. Early on in the season, I started hating Kimora and how pretentious she was, I'm SO glad that bitch got sent home. I could go on about her, but I'm tired af uwu

Anyway, episode 4 - what the fuck was that lipsync? Worst one in herstory since Honey Mahogany and Vivienne Pinay-nay, amirite??? At least it was from one side though, but still, sad as hell. Charlie Hides deserves to be taken to a retirement home just for that.

Edited by sheepprincessgara

I had high hopes for this cast, but I'm not feeling this season at all unfortunately. :/ I don't know what it is, but nothing's grabbed my attention yet. I really like Nina, Shea and Sasha though and hope they go far.

That elimination was embarrassing. I understand her side. But you should have at least tried something! You don't lip sync? You coulda sang the damn song! It was so painful to watch and a shame too because I wanted to see more from her. 

Also I can't wait for Eureka to go. Done with this bitch who wants to be louder than everyone and can't keep her mouth shut for one second. Plus her wigs are always ugly af. She needs to be called out for wearing the same one every time. THOSE ANTENNA/POD WIGS ARE NOT FLATTERING!! bitch why do you wanna be bald everywhere except the very top of your head? Get out already. 

Did anyone else get hot from watching that Shea vs Sasha scene?lol

Edited by Platy

I SOMEHOW MISSED THIS THREAD. BBIES I AM HERE. LET'S DISCUSS. 

Okay so team Valentina. Get that out the way. 

SPOILERS:

So far I'm glad to see Charlie, Eureka, and Kimora go. 

Kimora was annoying as hell and her princess look and presentation was terrible. 

Charlie had so much potential but after she gave up I was like bye. You can't say you're not gonna lip sync on rupaul's drag race. ????

Eureka is annoying as well. It wasn't just that she was loud it's that she was loud and kinda rude. Her attitude was unnecessary and her bullshitnapology to Valentina and Sasha was dumb and felt pressured by the producers. 

Going forward I'm excited to see what Nina does, she has some amazing looks and I've seen some of her lip sync performances and I can't wait to see her in the bottom for that alone.

Sasha is really freaking cool. She's really sweet and funny and is nice to watch in untucked. I'm glad she's not 100% bald all the time she looks nice in wigs too. 

Shea is doing well and has won two challenges in a row and I think she's definitely gonna be top four. 

Alexis is pretty and funny but she has a cheapness to some of her looks I think it's gonna hurt her later on. I think it definitely cost her this last win but I'm excited for her snatch game performance. 

Cynthia god bless her soul... I love her personality and she's an angel but her looks, although better than last year, are just not great. Whenever she has to act she lets too much of her own personality come thru, much like Alyssa Edwards. 

My baby Valentina is a goddess. 

She's perfect, she's beautiful, she looks like Linda Evangelista, she's a model. 

But really she's great. Her looks have all been beautiful and her inspiration is really classic and gorgeous. She's done well in most of the challenges so I'm rooting for her to make it far. 

Peppermint is wonderful. She works hard and looks nice but her outfits are annoying me. They're not very good sometimes and she needs to step it up. 

Trinity has definitely grown on me. I hated her at first but her talent and personality are showing and I'm respecting her more. Especially when she stood up to Eureka. 

Aja is someone I was really excited for and she's kinda let me down. She hasn't done bad per say but she hasn't done as well as I thought she would and her freak out on Valentina in untucked was although iconic, completely unnecessary. Step it up bitch. She killed her lipsync tho so it was worth it. 

I'm just happy the musical is over cause it's hard to watch a lot of the seasons. 

45 minutes ago, The Moon said:

I'm rooting for Trinity now, since Kimora was ROBBED. Loved all her looks so far and the bitch is hilarious.

How was she robbed? 

Regarding last week's Untucked, LOL at that bitch interrogating everyone as to why they didn't tell her the dress was basic. Stfu. 

The only person I'm truly cheering for right now is Shea.

Edited by Platy

Aja should have been sent home for that runway AND her lipsync was a messy combo of every cliche drag move a la miss Ganja. Kimora's princess was at least funny and she looked RIGHT.

9 hours ago, Platy said:

How was she robbed? 

Regarding last week's Untucked, LOL at that bitch interrogating everyone as to why they didn't tell her the dress was basic. Stfu. 

The only person I'm truly cheering for right now is Shea.

Lmaooo right. 

As we all know this ain't rupaul's best friend race. 

Edited by efuru