emmny

The OFFICIAL RPDR Discussion Thread

Yeah, this entire series has had so many moments where I'm like "CONSPIRACY!!"

Silky has got to go. She seems to showcase the emotional complexity and maturity of a brick wall. That aside, she simply isn't on the same level as everyone else. It was either Scarlet or Yvie who said she's not judged to the same level as everyone else and I wholly agree. One of the sloppiest contestants on the show in a while, in my opinion.

And that lipsync...oof. One of the worst overall in show history.

I'm really uncomfortable buying into the whole Silky hate train because there's plenty of people out there who will use everything that's going on as an excuse to be super racist towards her (and she or no one deserves it, regardless of their actions), but... I'm genuinely curious whether the producers thought this edit would make her endearing. At this point, it's not really her drag that bothers me, is the entitlement she feels and has no shame in displaying on the runway about how much she believes she's worthy of the crown because of God's will. And she talked all that shit about lipsyncing for this? Girl, bye.

55 minutes ago, saishuu said:

I'm really uncomfortable buying into the whole Silky hate train because there's plenty of people out there who will use everything that's going on as an excuse to be super racist towards her (and she or no one deserves it, regardless of their actions), but... I'm genuinely curious whether the producers thought this edit would make her endearing. At this point, it's not really her drag that bothers me, is the entitlement she feels and has no shame in displaying on the runway about how much she believes she's worthy of the crown because of God's will. And she talked all that shit about lipsyncing for this? Girl, bye.

I agree with this from top to bottom and it's why I felt hesitation in my frustration with her from day one, but she just pushes more and more of my buttons as the show progresses and it's just so difficult to root for her in any capacity at this point. I feel like every time she shows a glimmer of hope she upsets it in ten other ways in my opinion.

And yeah - I was so shocked she was the keep after that lipsync. Who doesn't know the words to No Scrubs??? 

I kind of feel bad hating on her too. Maybe she's actually lovely, but we're being given this edit where she's insufferable. But judging all the drama and consistent comments from other Queens about Silky being annoying af, I think it's justified. Anyone who goes out of their way to leave racist and hateful comments to her is a piece of shit, but we're allowed to be annoyed by her behaviour on the show. We have the right to dislike what we're seeing. I still think one of the intentions behind keeping her is that the fans needed a fat queen, lest they cry out on social media about fat shaming on rpdr, etc. 

ALL HAIL OUR NEW QUEEN 

Silky talked smack again and didn't even come close to delivering it. Akeria, she didn't even know the words. The final lip sync was obvious from the start, so I wonder if silky and akeria lost on purpose. Conspiracy theories cuz I can't believe people can talk so much shit and then fuck up like that. 

the lipsyncs were horrible and the it felt like the show dragged on forever, but I'm glad Yvie won in the end. her final look for the top 2 lipsync was the most (and only?) memorable thing from last night.

They should have just done a reunion+crowning special like they've done in previous years. Reunion specials look weird when they're not live at the theatre, and making a one hour thing out of a lip-sync extravaganza was fucking stupid. And the fact that they did Top 4 instead of Top 3 omg. So many bad decisions were made here 😆

Skipped Silky's section entirely, skimmed through the first two lip-syncs (on mute). During the Top 4 weeks, I was #TeamAnyoneButSilky, so I was relieved to see her lose the first lip-sync. I'm glad Yvie won, she was my absolute favourite of season 11. Brooke had great looks and all, but if she was crowned, it would have been nothing special. I'm not sure if A'keria was Top 4 worthy. I think Yvie receiving the crown may have saved season 11 from going down as a bona-fide train wreck. If Silky was crowned, it would have solidified the sheer awfulness of season 11, and would have kept her ass off All-Stars. But I'm glad that my favourite won! That hasn't happened since Bianca Del Rio!

Now I hope the people at RuCo/World of Blunder (who make idiots look smart) wait on AS5 until at least 2021. They're running short on memorable, adequate queens from past seasons, and season 11 did not really provide.

Anyone still give a shit about rpdr?

The queens for s12 got revealed yesterday, it seems like it'll be a less catty season but there's quite a few "Manga, jpop, kpop, nerdy fantasy" queens. The only queens who caught my eye so far are Heidi N Closet and Crystal Methyd. Rock M Sakura catwalk look had great storytelling and I'm here for that Kill la Kill influence. 

And this queen's Paine from FFX-2 inspired look also gets approval. 

But whenever a NY queen goes off about why NY is the best city in the universe:

giphy.gif

I can't imagine being close to a new yorker IRL, they seem unbearable lol thx drag race. 

18 hours ago, platy said:

Anyone still give a shit about rpdr?

I'm debating if I will watch the new season. Only reason I'm debating and not absolutely skipping is because I wanna keep up with Race Chaser podcast.

I wish RaPal Dark Res was never abandoned and erased

18 hours ago, platy said:

But whenever a NY queen goes off about why NY is the best city in the universe:

giphy.gif

I can't imagine being close to a new yorker IRL, they seem unbearable lol thx drag race. 

Don't worry, it's not Drag Race's fault; NY'ers are typically like that. And according to wiki, there are five NY girls in the new season. I hope they all get eliminated first in a shocking quintuple sashay. That would freshen things up

14 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

I'm debating if I will watch the new season. Only reason I'm debating and not absolutely skipping is because I wanna keep up with Race Chaser podcast.

I wish RaPal Dark Res was never abandoned and erased

Don't worry, it's not Drag Race's fault; NY'ers are typically like that. And according to wiki, there are five NY girls in the new season. I hope they all get eliminated first in a shocking quintuple sashay. That would freshen things up

The US is a massive country, I'm sure the pool of applicants is diverse enough that we could get one NY girl and 13 of every other state. Why does rupaul's recruitment favor NY every season? Are they New Yorkers themselves? 

Why did rapal dark res get erased?

7 hours ago, platy said:

Why did rapal dark res get erased?

Firstly, Roem Service cancelled the show because it was too expensive (and nobody contributed to the Patreon), and he just lost interest in Drag Race itself, which is understandable since season 10 was a pile of shit and season 11 was an even bigger pile of shit.

As for the show being erased, copyright reasons. World of Blunder found it and YT threatened to demonetise Roem’s channel if he didn’t remove the videos. They’re all archived on DailyMotion right now.

7 hours ago, platy said:

Why does rupaul's recruitment favor NY every season? Are they New Yorkers themselves?

Probably

Anyone else still watching? For the first time I'm actually seriously thinking about dropping it, it's become so predictable, washed-up and cringey these past few episodes. Which is kinda funny, thinking how I found the very first ep of this new All Stars season actually pretty awesome and fun. What a shame.

Anyway, I'll prolly dl the future episodes too, but skip to the runway looks and maybe watch the lipsyncs.

Or at the very least, spoil myself week by week... I have too much of a Stockholm syndrome with this series after so many years of watching, lmao.

Also, #TeamShea all the way~

Edited by Jigsaw9

I just now read teas about this week episode that Morgan not supposed to win, the producers wanted Cracker to win this but she beats Cracker so much that they had to stop filming for a moment to remind Morgan about it. And the result we saw is the middle road taken cos Morgan was still not slowing down her moves.

^ LOL, innnteresting..... well it doesn't really matter all that much in the end cuz

Spoiler

they both chose the same person to go home.

India shouldn't have been in the bottom. She was brought down by Mayhem, like Trixie with Milk in The Bitchelor. The real bottom two should have been Blair and Mayhem, but given how rigged AS seasons are, I'm not surprised.

I'm still entertained, but the producer riggory is so fucking obvious this season. Cracker didn't deserve that win - Jujubee was WAY funnier than her. I could even argue that Alexis could have won, which would really spread the wins around, but it seems that every season the producers pick 3 queens to push and will do anything to force the storylines. I'm tired.

I'm team Shea, obviously. Latest episode was absolute garbage but the lip sync was fun. I think the main reason I keep watching is for Nina Bonina's rawview each week.