emmny

The OFFICIAL RPDR Discussion Thread

Is anyone hyped for all stars s3? I am, despite the S2 fiasco. 

I know people rumour Bebe (I don't even know who she is, I think from season 1 lol) to be the mystery contestant but I'm afraid it will be Darriene Lake because of her past beef with Ben. If it is then this season will be a struggle to watch. I mean they brought alyssa X coco back for all stars 2 and the two were over that drama so I hope they won't try to repeat this formula. 

I'm not excited per se, just looking forward to having more Drag Race to watch. I get together with a group of friends every week to watch the show when it's on, so that's probably what I'm most excited about. lol

3 hours ago, LIDL said:

Not sure what Trixie is wearing, that was a choice lmao

The rest are pretty good though!

When is what Trixie is wearing *not* a choice lmao. At this point it's just endearing. 

2 hours ago, saishuu said:

It's all just so underwhelming lmao but I'm not even slightly surprised

This, lol. I might be desensitized after watching too much of the Boulet Brothers' Dragula show on YT. XD

Still, looking forward to it I guess.

26 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

I might be desensitized after watching too much of the Boulet Brothers' Dragula show on YT. XD

Season 2 of Dragula was so ridiculously good. I don't see RPDR topping it this year with either AS3 or S10 lol

Probably why LOGO didn't do Photo RuView for the Dragula S2, when it is much better choice than rating what Zendaya wear, despite the show is aired on the channel, because of jealousy :P

19 minutes ago, platy said:

Dragula S2 was so savage. They really upped their production too! 

Hide contents

Victoria* should've won

15 hours ago, saishuu said:

just watched the finale and I think Bitch deserved it. Wasn't a big fan of her until now, her looks and performance were just on point. I can't see why the Boulets were so impressed by Victoria's horror look tbh, not to say that I didn't like her stuff before, but her finale performance was underwhelming.

Dragula stuff:

Victoria's looks in the finale (and in the entire season) were by far the best to me, except for the glamour look (I liked James' the best). Only Biqtch's filth look came close, but mostly for the performance. But as a performer throughout the season, I agree Biqtch definitely deserved the win and I wasn't mad at all she won. Her growth arc was the best and she has the best personality out of the three by a big margin.

thoughts on the new all stars?

Spoiler

morgan was SO DUMB telling everyone how she planned to eliminate the others if she won. i really think if she didn't do that ben would have sent chi chi home (who i LOVE but coming out in FLATS?!)

also milk is highkey a bitch and I LIVE

Same. 

Spoiler

It felt like Bendela was being a bit sly about throwing out the stronger person "for the good of the group" when she definitely knew they weren't all agreed on the elimination guidelines. But Morgan did it to herself. Chi Chi screwed up BIG TIME. Which is sad, because I love Chi Chi's energy.

tumblr_p37681aFqr1rfey86o1_500.gif

I like most of the queens this season so I'll likely be happy for whoever wins but lowkey rooting for Shangela this time around. Her variety performance was perfect.

Edited by doombox

The first episode of AS3 was great imho. Can't wait for next week, have y'all seen the promo?

http://www.vh1.com/preview/wkdjx4/rupauls-drag-race-all-stars

I can't wait to see the Queens doing these Divas!

And the runway theme seems to be upgraded version of something they have worn in the past season. Hope it will be lit.

I'm glad Morgan went home first, the minute that elimination thing came out of her mouth she knew she fucked up LOL  All the queens have really brought it, I'm even impressed by Aja. In love with Milk and Ben, although haven't we established that a "fair" group decision of who's gonna go DOESN'T WORK? You won the lip sync, you alone should decide.  I'm disappointed that ChiChi messed up so badly, I really hope she shows her true potential because I love that bitch.

Spoiler

Ben seems very shaky when she is doing the elimination, trying to be very clear what her intention was. That is warning sign to me. Seems she is not ready for doing this. I swear if Ben give up ad withdraw, Ru should think twice before taking in another Season 6 girls again.

Also that part where chad and Alaska was there behind Morgan's back, very curious. They must have a thing to do with returning queens in upcoming episodes!

I wanted to hate Bebe when she was introduced, I was so ready to root against her, but I thought her runway performance was alright, so I'm okay with her... for now. Morgan definitely fucked herself over by blurting out her "I'm gonna send home the toughest looking queen" plan, so I'm totally okay with her being the first to go. Chi Chi's performance was so bland, when I saw it all I thought was, "um... interesting stage lights..." but hopefully she'll step up her game.

Chad and Alaska's Handmaid's Tale parody is everything

We haven't even seen the last two seasons of RPDR but we still jumped into AS big time.

Spoiler

My favourite is Ben. Trixie and Milk come second. I do tend to like queens that are more honest and less bitchy, like Chad Michaels in season 4. However, I do think Ben is efficiently shooting herself in the leg thinking that everyone's gonna go along with the group decision. Um, no, gurl. If one of them doesn't like you they'll throw you under the buss even if the rest don't agree, and if you show potential competition, they won't like you. 

But I do think Ben has the qualities to win, albeit I'm almost always leaning towards comedy queens rather than pageants. Is Ben considered a comedy queen?