Sign in to follow this  
emmny

the validity of gaydar etc.

holla shoutouts to the gays /  observant straight people

do you have a go-to strategy to determine a man's sexuality? can reading into one's appearance say anything about their sexuality? is it just a matter of age/experience?

help a sista OUT

thanks

excuse me, how old are you, if you are in toronto and this is a problem???

rotten gays LOATHE divas, this is the single biggest give-away tbh

anyway, otherwise, it's typically eye-contact and class borders that repel people, apparently. idk.

just ask how they feel about kaya

oh my GOD

excuse me, how old are you, if you are in toronto and this is a problem???

rotten gays LOATHE divas, this is the single biggest give-away tbh

anyway, otherwise, it's typically eye-contact and class borders that repel people, apparently. idk.

LOLOL geography doesnt have much to do with it, its probably an age thing

you mean like next level internalized homophobia? yeah that probably only works on super closeted guys but i get what you're saying.

if you're into somewhat hardcore stalking, check what they like and who they follow on instagram.

somewhat hardcore? pshhhttttt tell me about tapping his computer and then we can talk about stalking hehe ^.^

you mean like next level internalized homophobia?

define?.... it's an age thing, shit is easy at like 17 or 20, and progressively gets worse/better every next ten years.

And what if someone find Kaya beautiful as a women, you'll say he's gay?

no lol

I was (sort of) joking, but I was referring to the fact that Kaya and his music are ~*super gay*~

I'm rarely attracted into guys, but there is that one guy who's nicely dressed and he has his hair nicely done (not in a way that would even look gay, he also acts like a normal dude), so I thought he was attractive... then it turned out he's gay. So, if someone in my country looks like they went out of the trash can, or they wear boring clothes - they are more likely straight. My gaydar found that exact guy who's gay and told me he's attractive, without me knowing it.

Anyway, I would rather go after girls. They usually dress much better than an average dude, because it's not considered 'gay' when they do it.

Apparently gaydar is a for-realz thing (not that I ever thought it wasn't) and it ties into pheromones.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/05/060508_lesbian.html

That could explain why people who are just coming to terms with their orientation are like "I can never tell who is gay xDDDD" and people who are more ~experienced~ are like "miss thing u gay"

^ thats super interesting

what i base my judgments off is the eyes, closeted guys look guilty somehow and their eyes always give them away; idk how much thats based off of biology but the hormone thing is an interesting read.

i can tell when someone's gay by the way he sustains his gaze at me, and, why not, diverts his eyes to my crotch.

im not saying this is a rule, because staring to someone doesnt make anybody gay, but it's pretty foolproof. anyway, it's easier for me to tell because i like men as well, and i can "read" lechery like a neon sign hahaha

i think observing something/someone however is unavoidable because we're curious beings, and as such we can't against our nature.

some weeks ago a straight friend of mine admitted that he uses to observe other men's crotch just to know how well or bad gifted they are (i can assure he's straight, though i see no point in checking anybody's crotch unless, of course, im about to have sex ).

ergo, if we're still speaking of this it means we're still culturally regressing. damn, i thought gayness was already removed from the DSM III already!!!

That could explain why people who are just coming to terms with their orientation are like "I can never tell who is gay xDDDD" and people who are more ~experienced~ are like "miss thing u gay"

this has a weird and terrifying correlation with a couple gay galz (not necessarily biological) of similar dyke complexion being violent killing machines irl, liiiiike even reddit-angry grade gays don't come anywhere close to that tbh. smth in hormones messing up with general empathy, I guess. I'm not a scientist, but this shit is interesting/scary in local social context. #animals

You want to find out if someone's gay? How about asking them?

From what I can tell, how a guy dresses or what kind of idols he admires (I have prior experience with a straight boyfriend who had lots of man crushes on visual kei band members) don't determine if someone is gay. All those things are stereotyping and it doesn't really determine anything, especially since there are two types of gay men. There's the kind who don't make it apparent in any social context and there are those who are flamboyant and effeminate. 

^ good point!!!! never trust a confessed mdna stan, mylene and lana del rey fans are clear, cher is neutral gray zone bc. 5 generations of stans and 2 more to come tbh.

@n00blet:

imo, an oversimplified conception doesnt make something a 100% true, but it doesnt make it a 100% false either.  so if a man walks down the street wearing a night dress (forget about v kei which is simply a japanese fashion, that i adore btw) most people would think he's gay just because an ordinary straight man would not wear a dress,at least, in front of other people. it is not written anywhere, however, that wearing a dress is a gay thing to do but still, most people think going against canons is indeed an 'odd' thing to do.

as for the two types of gay men, it's something i've wondered all my life. from what i could inquire, if u speak to an effeminate gay man he would say he's had a tough life and all that thing so that androginy could possibly be a resultant defence mechanism towards all the 'hate' received (dont ask me how). on the contrary, those who 'you wouldnt tell they are gay' seem to have had a common life so they could be incredibly manly perhaps and, in my case, find it almost shocking once i figure out he's gay (maybe this is because i unconsciously associate gay to effeminate *shrugs*)

anyway this is the conclusion i've arrived, im interested in reading others' opinions though.

I think some people on purpose or subconsciously are trying to show you by following the clise /stereotype because they want to belong and show who they are and this is a way. I think it's similar when you dress in a music style for example you use a stereotype you like.

Sometimes it's obvious,sometimes only people who are same can recognise,or you can hide it or don't match with the stereotype.some people are better at understanding than others by the looks

uh if you're effeminate its biological, just the degree to which you express your "true self" depends on your surroundings

i've been dressing up in my moms clothes before i had any proper opinion on gender so i think the people who choose to express themselves femininely are expressing an innate desire

i mean i cant butch myself up if i tried lmao but i do partially dress up as a reflection of my gender identity so its probably different from why a gay man who identifies as a man would dress up

i agree it's a combination of who you are biologically and the environment.
surroundings and being aware of a stereotype are environment factors for example, may affect you do something, like genes can.
but being feminine has to do with gender roles of society also . what if maybe some straight guys like feminine things but avoid it because they want to fit in a  different stereotype.honestly i don't really know if actually being gay has indeed something to do with being feminine biologically in a degree or is this just a stereotype. but what i meant more was,what do you want to show to other people by your looks, you tell them something  on purpose or subconsciously. this is how is see looks and i might assume if someone is gay

Sign in to follow this