Jigsaw9

Post-punk / New wave / Goth / Deathrock

Some things I discovered recently:

Polish post-punk from 1986:

And something new - American band Pleasure Leftists. They just released a new album called 'The Woods of Heaven'.

Some things I discovered recently:

Polish post-punk from 1986:

Speaking of polish bands, there is Closterkeller, a polish, female fronted gothic rock group. They are still active, but have become a lot more metal influenced over the years.

How's Grave Pleasure, Jigsaw?

Pretty cool, tho I've only listened to it twice so far. It sounds a bit more 'together' and mature than the Beastmilk stuff... a bit more dramatic maybe? More emphasis on mood rather than danceable post-punk tunes. I quite like it!

^ I think I remember spinning that sometime in the past... nice indeed!

Something else that's also nice, and new: first full-length from Berlin post-punkers Diät.

Brought together by a shared enthusiasm for bleak UK punk and a history of playing in hardcore bands, Berlin based DIÄT have created a sound that they have described, perhaps not entirely seriously, as ‘tough new wave’. Fans of Crisis, Killing Joke and The Mob (UK) should be pleased by the band’s unlikely synthesis of depressive drift and cranked, accelerated energy. 

This says it all I guess.

(I couldn't find any song from the new album, so here's something old)

Pink Turns Blue are great indeed.

Some newer stuff:

very athmospheric goth rock. Double Echo's mixing isn't everyone's thing, somtimes the vocals are drowned in too much hall and wall of sound, but people who like that lo-fi dream poppish sound (like me) will surely dig it.

Drab Majesty (Deb DeMure) is a nice find I stumbled upon recently. Very cool synth/darkwave sound. I also like his new romantic inspired aesthetics.

^ Amazing finds, thanks a lot for mentioning! Both sound killer, I already 'acquired' some of their releases to try. :D

Some (mostly) fresh recommendations from me, on the post-punk spectrum:

Heat Dust: moody melancholic but razor-sharp post-punk melodies, with emphasis on 'punk'

Exocomet: an experimental mish-mash of claustrophobic sounds (even some kraut-y vibes), intense as fuq

MAZOHYSTRERIA - Visual band with Goth qualities.

TOKI - Another visual band with Goth qualities.

SCISSORS GARDEN - Japanese darkwave.

RK Rosebud - Japanese goth/post-punk.

ATP - Another japanese band, this song is its most goth, you can find it on one of the Unquiet Grave compilations.

Magenta / Trance to the Sun - Norwegian darkwave / Californian darkwave, really nice finds on the first Unquiet Grave compilation.

Gavin Friday - Another good song from a post-punk artist

Alan Woxx - French darkwave artist

Агата Кристи - Russian post-punk/goth

Feeding Fingers - Darkwave artist (new stuff is not darkwave, more like indie post-punk crap)

No one posted at Halloween? Disappointed.

More female fronted Goth goodness:

First Asmodi Bizarr, a german goth and New Wave band. The changed their style very drastically over their years, their early stuff however is really great. For fans of Xmal Deutschland, Siouxsie Sioux and Co.

Strange Boutique were an Ethereal and Goth band and the earlier band of Faith and the Muse singer Monica Richards (who currently releases new material solo).

Strange Boutique were an Ethereal and Goth band and the earlier band of Faith and the Muse singer Monica Richards (who currently releases new material solo).

Holy shit, nice to see Strange Boutique posted about here.  I guess we're all Kurai's children.

Freak (SB's guitarist) sent me a very nice message on Myspace years ago about my music and invited me to come play bass for him, but it was not to be.

Here's some tight post-punky and new wavey shit from the Netherlands:

Here's some more, first one's from the city I grew up in, actually. Saw them live once, they're alright. Second one's actually from belgium lol oh well, close enough

It almost flew under my radar, but Italian darkwave/post-punk trio Ash Code released their new album "Posthuman" recently!

You can get the album and/or listen at:

https://swissdarknights.bandcamp.com/album/posthuman

https://manicdepressionrecords.bandcamp.com/album/md061-ash-code-posthuman

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Ash_Code_Posthuman?id=Bhwjki3cg4qbzr5aa6zqmqybchy

When at Inferno the friend I lived with was in a total post-punk/goth rock mood and played She Past Away on repeat for four days. We started and ended our days with She Past Away. Truly excellent stuff. Digging the shit out of them right now.

https://shepastawayofficial.bandcamp.com/album/belirdi-gece-2

Can someone recommend me something similar to this?

classic gothic punk from the early 80s.

ALSO are a highly underrated gothic rock band from the 90s. Some of their tapes were remastered and can be bought on bandcamp, it also seems they are active again under a new name.

A new and recent discovery, Killing Time are a russian post-punk/goth rock band. There is a lot of good stuff coming from eatern europe right now (as there have lots of jewels from poland or the soviet union in the past before as well). 

Another russian goth band that's good: