Korean Indie!

Do you like Korean indie music (K-indie) that exists outside of the realm of standard K-pop? Then this thread is for you! 

This thread is for discussion of artists that wouldn't really fit in the general K-pop thread, although it can be fairly open to interpretation, as there are many different genres. Talk about what you're into, what you're looking forward to, etc. 

K-indie isn't as easy to find as its Japanese counterpart, so here are some resources:

SeoulBeats

Mirrorball Music

Pastel Music

Magic Strawberry Sound

koreanindie.com

seoulbeatz.tumblr.com 

If you're not familiar with K-indie and would like to get started, Magic Strawberry Sound has a name your own price sampler

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me I've REALLY been liking Cheeze's new album 1.5집 PLAIN (1.5 since half of the songs are remasters), so far it's my favorite album of the year. I really like their style of music, and every song is a pleasure to listen to. Here are a couple favorites:

Another one of my favorite albums this year has been Fromm's Moonbow album, she has a very nice light and mellow sound to her. 

I'm not sure how popular this thread will be, but I know there are least a few people that have been known to show an interest, so come on in. 

YESSS ZOMBIE YESSSS

jHdoyzNQNqH3i.jpg

Those Fromm and Azin albums are great! <3 

I haven't had a lot of time to dig into much but I've been head over heels for Monkey Bars. I believe they're on Mirrorball too, or working with them in some fashion.

been interest in korean indies for quite some times and the best part about korean indies is that the bands do use bandcamp to promote and sell their music:)

don't really know much of korean indie, but these guys peaked my interest...

they are in general more on the ballad-y side of things and thus often sound like an indie-rocked version of kpop, which is a beautiful thing

these on the other hand have a slightly mor rock/quirky/experimental vibe to them and thus remind very much of japanese indie, which obviously is nice aswell ^^

Thanks for posting that Asian Chairshot video. I didn't realize they had a new release this month! I just happened to see it when I realized I didn't have the release with Mask Dance on it, and that was the song that turned me on to them in the first place. OTL Still, good tunes all around.

haha, couldnt agreed more with Asian chairshot, really love them and here are some of my favourites:

Norwegian wood.

Their recently release mini album is excellent!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOszvniJpFQ

CoreMagaZinE

Have both of their albums, personally enjoy both very much.

Afro Maria

Everything posted so far has been wonderful :D

New song from Sweet Revenge is VERY different from what they usually put out. Really wish they would put out music more consistently.

New Standing Egg

some more K-Indies artist for you guys, love these too.

From The Airport (had a love hate relationship with this band sound....)

Fromm

Plan:D

Some nice stuff in this thread. I need to dive more into the Korean indie scene, so this thread is rather helpful.

I did go to a random indie concert when I was in Korea for a month last summer at the recommendation of a friend. I wasn't familiar with any of the bands, but I do remember the audience being pretty fond of this one. They didn't do much for me personally but I figured it would be worth sharing here.

I also remember this band, whose single I bought on a whim since they were selling it at the venue for practically nothing. They ended up signing it for me too, which was nice. Nothing amazing, but I do remember finding their guitar work rather enjoyable at times (such as at 2:00).

Whether this next band can be considered K-Indie or not might be a little debatable, since the band was based in Daegu but featured a Canadian/American/Iranian lineup. Really good math rock either way. Their album is free on bandcamp for those that are interested.

kinda relevant

A Korean friend recommended some acoustic stuff so I figured I'd share it here.

어쿠스틱 콜라보 (Acoustic Collabo)

소란 (SORAN)

어쿠루브 (Acourve)

옥상달빛 (OKDAL)

(hyukoh + hyung don)

Everyone should know about No respect for beauty (post-rock).

so far they only released 1 album (why perish, in 2012) and replaced their bassist sometime ago... the guitarist told me in 2013 they had no idea when they were going to release more stuff and they haven't performed at all this year :(

Yeahh i need to go threw their disco