beni

MH FEATURED POLL #23: What is your opinion on K-pop?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #23  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on K-pop?

• It's a gift from God.
    • I can see why it's appreciated, but it's not really for me.
    • I do enjoy it from time to time.
    • I avoid it like the plague.
    • Never given it a try.

I listened some, in majority, those I enjoyed have tendency to be dance or hip hop sounding ones. I really cannot get into the girly, aegyo ones. But the ones that have attitude, be it cool, "weird", or sexual is better for me. Like say, Orange Caramel, 4Minute, 2NE1, BLACKPINK. And I don't listen much of the boybands, anything after BIGBANG and SHInee is not really my thing honestly.

And those groups that have more than 5-6 members? Just forget it. I only justify these kind of line up just for Slipknot, honestly. It just seems more pointless when it applied to Pop groups. Which is why I loathe AKB, Morning Musume, Twice, and all other groups like that.

My opinion is the same as on the other kinds of modern pop music. No thanks. 

The sound is simply not my thing, and I don't like the corporatism involved. The only Kpop artist I really like (Though I don't listen to his stuff often) is Psy, because of how satirical his music can be. Though, he sorta doesn't count because he was originally intended just to be a hip-hop artist. IDK if Koreans think of him as Kpop or not, so I'm not sure whether he counts as such or not. 

Though I really don't like how it's often forced on other people. I remember I used to hang out online with this group of people who were fellow Asian Americans, and they worshipped the hell out of Kpop, to where if you didn't like it, you'd be considered "too white" for them. IDK if anyone has had similar experiences with groups like that. 

Edited by AimiGen7

On 1/31/2018 at 3:47 AM, The Moon said:

i am grateful to kpop because its responsible for this

This gave me so much life <3.

Well, as someone who's been a kpop fan for about 8 years now, I gotta say I can't escape this anymore, for me it wasn't a phase hahaha. I don't know what they're doing there but they're doing a good job. 

The music and the dances just appeal to my eyes and ears. Also k-pop is evolving so much nowadays that it's really hard to for me not to defend the groups and call them untalented XD. I mean, I'm not a singer/composer/dancer so I can't really call a music artist untalented, but my ears and eyes love it as much as I love v-key and other music genres.

For me, I find k-pop fun to listen to, even more fun to sing it at karaoke when you're drunk af while trying your best to keep up with their choreography and going to a k-pop concert is truly an amazing experience.

And k-pop has pulled me out of the darkest time in my life so I gotta thank these flashy people for sprinkling some magic in my life XD.

If I were to recommend some k-pop groups I'd 100% go with SHINee , Monsta X and MAMAMOO. These groups basically sum up everything I love about k-pop and music in general : good concepts, good songs, vocals on point anytime anywhere, amazing atmosphere at their concerts and good packaging (in every way :) ). As for songs, I'd probably go with "Décalcomanie" and "Yes I am" from MAMAMOO, "Tell Me What To Do" and  "Excuse Me Miss" from SHINee and Monsta X's "Shine Forever" and "Tiger Moth" as one of my favorite songs.

Edited by Triangle