gyakutai

Have you ever betrayed your partner?

No. I would never, ever cheat on anyone I claimed to love. I value honesty above all else. If someone cheated on me, it'd be over on the spot. As soon as I found out, that'd be it. Done. No second chances.

That's the way I see it.

So I've been cheated on for the first time. My gf broke up with me last saturday. Thursday she told me "I don't feel the same way about you anymore" and we had lots of talks and saturday she decided to end it.

That night we had a long conversation and she admitted she still loved me but just was having a hard time emotionally. We'd be broken up but she'd come back to me in a while because she felt we belonged together. We also decided we wouldn't go out with anyone else in the meantime.

So, I was sad but happy at the same time because it would all turn out okay in the end.

Yesterday I got signs that she and this Paul person were dating. She told me it wasn't like that but people only thought they were dating. Alright, I believe that.

And today I find out she is actually dating this Paul guy. I text her "I know about you and Paul, don't lie to me anymore"

"what?"

"I read it, the truth. now"

"alright I dated him but it's over already"

"then why does your status this morning say "Off to school and loving Paul"?"

"alright he's my bf but I'll break up with him for you, for us!"

I love her. But this is just wow. Lying and lying and lying. I don't know anymore.

never. I take relationship very seriously.

relationship, not dating, i need to note that.

when dating, whatever, i could date one i want and so does he.

But relationship is more further away, where commitment and vows matters.

Esp. I'm a guy here. And a gentleman should and will keep his promise.

I did once, and I regret it every day.

I could make excuses like my medications being out of whack, but that's just what they are...lame excuses.

I have an imaginary partner, and I really wish I'll betray him someday. Otherwise, that's just really effing sad.

anyone who's ever had a fair share of experience in serious relationships know that this is not a black and white subject. the many shades of grey includes difficult moments you and your partner are passing through in life or work, unresolved feelings for others, sometimes it's just sexual desire. Maybe your relationship doesnt completely fullfill your needs, but you are not ready to give up on everything that you have together, everything that you like on your partner... That really doesn't mean that you don't love her/him anymore. I've been on both ends, and it hurts like hell. being a hypocrite or not, it fuckin hurts.

That being said, I think it's a betrayal of their trust. In my experience, when you get to that point, your relationship probably can't be saved anymore. If you are the cheater, you probably will wonder if your partner is passing through the same mixed feelings that you are, if her cheated on you too, and so... You have to be prepared to hurt your partner in the worst way possible. And everyone thinks they have the best poker face in the world, but believe me, your partner will notice. you will change, even if it's just a little aspect. In my opinion, this is totally not the way to go, but I tend to understand peoples motives.

And I've never heard of a relationship that survived through a betrayal unharmed. Even if you or your partner forgives, It will haunt your relationship forever.