Zeus

Single People Thread

Been single most of my life. Had one serious relationship (lasted almost 5 years and I was the one ending it). Have been single since. Went through a lot of BS in my life and was a happy single for years, focusing on work and stuff...but every now and then I miss having someone close. Seeing couples all around and hating them, because they have what I don't.

But somehow I always fall for the wrong guys. Not that they treat me badly (can't ever be worse than what I've already went through) or something like that...I always fall for the ones I will never have.

Oh well...*shrugs*

Been single most of my life. Had one serious relationship (lasted almost 5 years and I was the one ending it). Have been single since. Went through a lot of BS in my life and was a happy single for years, focusing on work and stuff...but every now and then I miss having someone close. Seeing couples all around and hating them, because they have what I don't.

But somehow I always fall for the wrong guys. Not that they treat me badly (can't ever be worse than what I've already went through) or something like that...I always fall for the ones I will never have.

Oh well...*shrugs*

don't worry dear. you're not the only one. recently I've been admiring a guy who had a gf already. well i think its not wrong for me to fall in love with him,but still im trying my best to approach him someday by giving him a special birthday present next month. Not that I would hope for a love from him back though but who might knows? I don't know as well if he could make me as his gf someday. ;)

Longest relationship I was in was 3 years and that eventually ended. My gf at the time turned out to be really immature, and had a whole list of things of what a proper couple should be like and all the expectations of what a good boyfriend should be like. Then there was fights over ridiculous things and it was pretty disastrous. I was the one who actually ended up breaking up with her.

I haven't been in a serious relationship since then. I'm open to them but I'm not actively seeking them. I don't feel I need to have someone to feel validated or happy. I mean if I feel insecure or lonely I'd rather address the root of those issues and try to resolve them rather than just bring those problems into a relationship or have them be my basis for the relationship in the first place.

Although I'm open to dating, I don't automatically see them as leading to somewhere serious, but more in the vain of liking someone and getting to know them. Maybe I will find that special someone, maybe I'll just make a good friend, or maybe I'll just have a fun time with someone even if I don't end up seeing them again. I pretty much have the same approach with my love life. I'm not looking for love, but If I find it great for me, If I don't still great for me. I'll continue enjoying my life the way it is.

There is a stigma associated with both the single life and being in a relationship. I mean if your single you can be automatically considered socially inept, unappealing or that there's something wrong with you. From what I've seen it's usually the opposite and most single people are just independent, have different desires in life or just haven't found the right person. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but on social and cultural level it may seem so. The very fact that society and culture may deem it wrong provides the pressure to conform to what is accepted as "normal". Be it being in a relationship, or getting married.

I've actually never understood the whole concept of marriage. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me who I love. And I don't need the government or church to tell me who I'm in a loving union with. No institution on the planet can govern such affairs because love is a wonderful and intangible concept. I don't really plan on getting married. but if I ever do meet that special someone, and they want to, I might. Of course that would be after years of spending time with each other, and living with each other. It's not something I would ever rush in to and I don't understand why people do. I feel if you really love someone, that no matter what happens you will continue to do so forever, and therefore there is no reason to rush into it.

don't worry dear. you're not the only one. recently I've been admiring a guy who had a gf already. well i think its not wrong for me to fall in love with him,but still im trying my best to approach him someday by giving him a special birthday present next month. Not that I would hope for a love from him back though but who might knows? I don't know as well if he could make me as his gf someday. ;)

I am at apoint in my life,where I want to leave behind all that has been burdening me until now. But to let go, I need a (male) partner, that can make me trust him more than any other person on this planet...and I fear most would give up.

There is one that I know though...that would surely have the patience needed...but he is so far away...he's on the other side of the globe and god knows when I will have a chance to at least talk to him.

I hate my life right now.

Yes, finally! Good bye everybody! Finally i have a reason to wake up in the morning, except computer and work.

Lucky you

I have got myself into different relationships and all of them ended abruptly because of the following reasons:

1) GF suspecting that I have some sort of "bipolar disorder" (sudden mood changes, okay)

2) My weeaboo-ism (it's way too much for normal weeaboos as well + it apparently gives the wrong image of my sexuality to gf's friends (incl. my fandom over Kiyoharu) etc.)

3) ...embarassed to say this but I'm very bad at some "necessary" things in relationship :emo:

4) My habits of constant interrogations / disputes

I must say that I regret my asshattery, even in the net.

2) My weeaboo-ism (it's way too much for normal weeaboos as well + it apparently gives the wrong image of my sexuality to gf's friends (incl. my fandom over Kiyoharu) etc.)

If i had a nickle from every time i have heard " So wait... you're not gay? ", I'd be living in Kruununhaka :D

Yep, you would be right. I've been asked so, so, so many times if I were a lesbian or even bi. >:

Oh well, congratulations again! Oh the times, when I remember you were whining about not having a girlfriend over a year ago. The kids grows up so fast...

And yeah, single here still. :D

@Blumbe: :spin: hehe *thumbs up* + according to some folks, my role as a student of the artist gymnasium (with weirdos like me) adds something to the "oh i thought you were the gayboy"-factor

Wish I could have shut my mouth about that weeaboo fact in my circles of friends :emo: