Zeus

Single People Thread

2 hours ago, ghost said:

Dating is over rated anyways. It's great if you find someone you care about and they care about you too. But it's so complicated and messy.

Feel ya on the traumatic experience. The first person I ever confessed to and they told me they felt the same ended up stringing me along while they were trying to choose between me and another guy. Saw some red flags but I was too naive and blinded by what I wanted. In a good/bad way I never trust anyone now. 

I'm sure it's different for girls but I've had generally good experiences using dating apps. Biggest problem I've ran into as a guy is girls telling me they're "actually too busy to date but have an account just out of curiosity." And being cat-fished. It also definitely matters which one you use. Different apps for different folks ranging from "Tinder: looking for a fvck buddy" to "Hinge: looking for something serious". Not saying that any one app has an exclusive type of audience but you're just more likely to come across certain types of people in one app vs another.

I've actually had some of the deepest conversations I've ever had with people I've met on dating apps. I'm even still friends with one girl I ended up meeting IRL and we'll end up commenting on each other's insta stories from time to time. It really is a crapshoot though. Like 90% of the time it will be a waste of time, but you do meet some cool people.

If it makes you feel better I'm sure nearly everyone on the forum has gotten the same response from people for their interests haha. It's different cause she's family, but my sister ALWAYS makes fun of me for listening to music that doesn't "match" my personality. When I listen to rap and hip/hop she'll be like "Oh, you think you're cool now?" 😂

Yeah it has its ups and downs! I did had good relationships, but the last one has hurt me mentally so much (he was a narcist... which I found out later) that I'm still find it hard to take a step forward.

Even if someone tells me they like me, I'm like I'm not sure if I can like you too (wondering if they'll accept me as I'm still broken all over the places).

Beside, I'm like screening every person to see if they truly are as they're saying (it's probably my insecurity), well a double check is better than being hurt again and again right?

And yeah those descriptions with ''fwb'' is so tiredsome, I have looked at tinder once and I deleted like in 5 minutes rofl. It's probably not my thing.

But I do like making friends online (most of them I make friends through my instagram as most of them shows same interests as me :) )

& thank you, it sure makes me feel a little bit better to know that I'm not the only one to be made fun of lol haha

I've said once, if I ever meet anyone who has same interests as me, that would be totally so cool :D I truly don't have friends who like my music still so I can't talk about it at all ;< Hope to find my buddies one day to irl :) 

Edited by Linh-san

5 hours ago, Linh-san said:

Yeah it has its ups and downs! I did had good relationships, but the last one has hurt me mentally so much (he was a narcist... which I found out later) that I'm still find it hard to take a step forward.

Even if someone tells me they like me, I'm like I'm not sure if I can like you too (wondering if they'll accept me as I'm still broken all over the places).

Beside, I'm like screening every person to see if they truly are as they're saying (it's probably my insecurity), well a double check is better than being hurt again and again right?

And yeah those descriptions with ''fwb'' is so tiredsome, I have looked at tinder once and I deleted like in 5 minutes rofl. It's probably not my thing.

But I do like making friends online (most of them I make friends through my instagram as most of them shows same interests as me :) )

& thank you, it sure makes me feel a little bit better to know that I'm not the only one to be made fun of lol haha

I've said once, if I ever meet anyone who has same interests as me, that would be totally so cool :D I truly don't have friends who like my music still so I can't talk about it at all ;< Hope to find my buddies one day to irl :) 

It takes time to build that trust. I wanna think that it gets easier as you get older and as we all mature, but so far that hasn't been my experience 😂

I think that was the right call haha. Insta is a great place to meet friends. People on there are chill. 

Haha well I guess we're lucky to have the internet. I can't imagine being in like the 70's and being the only kid in your neighborhood that likes metal and never being able to talk about it with anyone 😬

I been single for over two years because im kinda picky with what I like, im only attracted to people with a certain type of look and they need to also have a nice personality and share my interests as well, it seems impossible to find anyone near me that fits under what im looking for all the guys I like live in different countries haha I did long distance dating when I was younger but I cant see myself doing it again because it never really worked out that well. so I most likely will become a crazy cat lady someday unless I found someone that would be willing to relocate haha