CAT5

[QUIZ] What's your Love Language?

NOTE: This is quiz is for both single ppl and those in relationships. In addition, your love language isn't limited to just romantic relationships, but can be attributed to all relationships. So everyone can feel free to take this quiz.

At any rate, I thought this might be something the forum could do.

This quiz is based off the book "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary D Chapman. Basically, Chapman examined the way humans give and receive love across the globe and was able to categorize those interactions into the "The 5 love Languages".

To take the quiz, go here: http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

Click on "Discover your Love Language", fill out the info quickly, and take the quiz which is about 30 short questions.

When you finish, you'll get your results, and a quick summary of each love language.

The highest score indicates your primary love language (the highest score is 12). It’s not uncommon to have two high scores, although one language does have a slight edge for most people. That just means two languages are important to you.

The lower scores indicate those languages you seldom use to communicate love and which probably don’t affect you very much on an emotional level. Learn more about your primary love language and how to put it to use next to the corresponding badge below.

My results:

Your Scores

10 Quality Time

7 Acts of Service

6 Physical Touch

6 Words of Affirmation

1 Receiving Gifts

9 Physical Touch

8 Quality Time

5 Acts of Service

4 Receiving Gifts

4 Words of Affirmation

Wasn't sure if "loved one" was supposed to be a girlfriend/boyfriend type of love or family member love, I took the quiz with the former in mind. I know for sure I don't touch family members that much.

9 Quality Time

7 Acts of Service

7 Physical Touch

4 Receiving Gifts

3 Words of Affirmation

I knew this would be my result...the quality time one XD

As a pisces, I always like people who tells me that I'm doing things right or they're proud of me...unfortunatelly, being a piscian makes me feel bad when someone isn't really good :c...

But I really liked this quiz :D :D Thanks, Cat ♥

Love these kind of quizzes! My results:

11 Quality Time

8 Words of Affirmation

6 Acts of Service

3 Physical Touch

2 Receiving Gifts

Pretty accurate I'd say. Wish the 'receiving gifts' was a 1 and the 'Acts of Service' was lower. Surprised with the touch one though, since I am pretty touchy feely even with friends and family. x'D Guess I'll have to take it again in a couple years' time, aha.

9 Words of Affirmation

8 Quality Time

7 Acts of Service

6 Receiving Gifts

Physical Touch

Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important—hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. You thrive on hearing kind and encouraging words that build you up.

This is quite correct. I generally do not enjoy physical contact all that much, however a zero wouldn't be entirely true either. I think my language of love would actually be language itself. I am a sucker for poetry, purple prose, for angst hidden in words of love and the enticing thrill that comes from language all by itself. A well-structured and formulated formation of words seduces me more than corporeal acts. A friend used to have her way with words with me, I can safely say that I literally went mental over this.

9 Quality Time

9 Words of Affirmation
8 Physical Touch
3 Receiving Gifts
1 Acts of Service

Hmmm, when I look at the results of people here, quality time seems the most important. To me it's important in general, there's nothing worse when I hang out with someone and they just pay attention to their phone. When I'm with my mom and her phone calls, it immediately pisses me off, because she sometimes starts chatting and doesn't care about our quality time anymore. When you're spending your time with anyone, you should pay attention to that person ONLY (unless the phone call is VERY important, then it's understandable).

Words of Affirmation scored high with me, because I'm an insecure little thing, so I have to be told I mean a lot to someone... but only if it's 100% honest! Physical touch would just make me happy.

These results are pretty accurate, I care about being around the person, but I can take care of my stuff and small gifts are ok (to think about the person when they aren't with me and hold the item as something lucky, for example), but it's a low priority thing.

9 Quality Time

7 Acts of Service

7 Physical Touch

7 Words of Affirmation

0 Receiving Gifts

Yeah, I don't really need any gifts... XD I love spending time with my fiancé, even if it's just something completely normal - like cooking or folding the laundry together. I also love hugging and kissing, and of course it's nice to hear him say how much he appreciates me. Also as we live together, it's nice when he does a task for me, like does the dishes while I clean something else. There's no better way to show your love than do the dishes :D

10 Acts of Service

8 Words of Affirmation

7 Quality Time

3 Receiving Gifts

2 Physical Touch

Haha, do shit for me bitch but don't touch me xD  Ahhh, love.

But yeah, I really liked things being done for me but I also love getting gifts (even though my gifts are games and CDs haha, not flowers and shit) and I hate being touched, and love to hear sweet nothings murmured to me.  Quality time is nice.

11 Quality Time
7 Physical Touch
6 Words of Affirmation
4 Acts of Service
2 Receiving Gifts

Pretty much what I expected. Gifts most definitely aren't a big deal; they're fun to receive every once in a while as something to think 'oh, he/she thought of me, that's cute', but there's a lot more that's more important. Spending time with someone, getting to know them intimately in a day-to-day context and enjoying their company whenever possible is what relationships are about to me.

11 Quality Time

10 Physical Touch

4 Acts of Service

4 Words of Affirmation

1 Receiving Gifts

Allright. Spot n about receiving gifts. I fucking hate gifts. I'm thiiiiis fucking close to get violent whenever I receive a gift. Ugh.

10 Acts of Service

6 Words of Affirmation

5 Physical Touch

5 Quality Time

4 Receiving Gifts

So many people seem to appreciate quality time a lot. For me, too much of that quickly leads me to feel smothered. Anyway, I thought affirmation would be a little higher but on the whole I'm not too surprised with how it turned out.

11 Acts of Service

8 Quality Time

7 Words of Affirmation

2 Physical Touch
2 Receiving Gifts

Pretty spot on. I can't stand being touched for the most part; I'm really flinchy about being touched. Gifts are hit or miss.

9 Words of Affirmation

8 Physical Touch

7 Quality Time

6 Acts of Service

0 Receiving Gifts

The top result is accurate but it depends on the person and my relationshop between them for the most part. With the physical touch, that'd be something that I'd love if I were in a relationship. Physical touch gives me a feeling of warmth and sincerity somehow. 

Quality Time 8

Physical Touch 7

Acts of Service 6

Receiving Gifts 6

Words of Affirmation 3

I filled this out for a bf/gf relationship. I looooooove touching and spending time together, but too much of it at once loses the amazing feeling

of comfort. Actions also mean the world to me. I'm surprised "words" aren't 0, I don't need words at all, just as long as the person isn't telling me to each shit,

I'm fine lol

11 Words of Affirmation

10 Quality Time

5 Physical Touch

2 Acts of Service

2 Receiving Gifts

Tell me I'm pretty.

10 Words of Affirmation 8 Quality Time 6 Receiving Gifts 3 Acts of Service 3 Physical Touch

So basically I'm insecure and need constant reminder I'm important to you. lololol

11 Receiving Gifts
7 Acts of Service
6 Words of Affirmation
4 Physical Touch
2 Quality Time

ya'll needy

The same of me hahaha

11 Physical Touch

7 Words of Affirmation

6 Acts of Service

4 Receiving Gifts

2 Quality Time

8 Physical Touch

8 Quality Time

7 Words of Affirmation

6 Acts of Service

1 Reserving Gifts

^ accurate lol

10 Quality Time

7 Physical Touch

6 Acts of Service

5 Words of Affirmation

2 Receiving Gifts

11 Quality Time
7 Physical Touch
6 Words of Affirmation
4 Acts of Service
2 Receiving Gifts

Pretty much what I expected. Gifts most definitely aren't a big deal; they're fun to receive every once in a while as something to think 'oh, he/she thought of me, that's cute', but there's a lot more that's more important. Spending time with someone, getting to know them intimately in a day-to-day context and enjoying their company whenever possible is what relationships are about to me.

I couldn't agree more

9 Acts of Service
8 Quality Time
6 Physical Touch
5 Words of Affirmation
2 Receiving Gifts

For the first few questions I had any romantic relationship in mind, then realized that I should probably answer with my boyfriend in mind instead. My boyfriend LOVES to spend, spend, spend, spend so much that it's become a problem in the relationship. ((Stop BUYING me shit and start DOING shit!)) And that question where one choice was to NOT be interuppted while talking? Yeah, I didn't need to look at the second option. -_-

*cough* So I took it again! This time without my boyfriend in mind at all. Just look at the difference.....

8 Physical Touch
8 Quality Time
6 Acts of Service
5 Words of Affirmation
3 Receiving Gifts

10 Quality Time

9 Receiving Gifts

6 Words of Affirmation

5 Acts of Service

0 Physical Touch

Doesn't surprise me at all since I hate being touched, even by my best friends, and I love when my friends give me food XD my best friend is often busy and he knows I'm happy with just a cookie or something edible like that instead of spending long hours with me haha