CAT5

Does anyone still use soulseek?

I know what you mean... I remember it was obscure vk heaven about 5 years ago, now everybody's gone. Anyway, I don't believe in that "trade", i'm all about the love of sharing <3. My old computer crashed, so I don't have that much music now, but i'm rebuilding my collection recovering stuff from my hd, old dvd's, and downloading new stuff almost daily. Anyway, add me me and download freely if you want.

I've been using slsk almost on a daily basis lately. It's still my favorite way to download music.

I hardly use it for Japanese music though, but there are a few things there that are hard to find otherwise.

I also used to find some stuff on the korean website, www.clubbox.co.kr

There's a search bar on it, you can try to find one thing or another over there, but people use mostly for Jdramas.

To download anything, you need an account, so you'll have to look  for an english guide on google.

I don't know if it's still worth it.

I used to love these older P2P applications, it was a nice way of meeting people who enjoyed specific stuff like trading bootlegs, tereko files, stuff that I can't find anymore. I don't know if OpenNap still exists along with Utatane, but if it does, there's probably a hidden channel just for japanese users who has tons of files, so it's almost impossible to find it, unless you know someone in Japan who trades these kind of files.

Anyway, it's forbidden to record concerts (audio/video) in japanese live houses, so that explains why we don't even find updated tereko lists anymore.

PS. It would be nice to find and listen to all of these old tereko files, it seems like a lot of lost concerts for western jrock fans, rare gems.

Edited by wesjrocker

Good memories in soulseek, although I liked the winmx more since there were more japanese users. Now it is quite dead and I have not used it for years...

So, ain't nobody here using Soulseek no more?? There are still LOTS of users here, I assure you. Would be nice to see more VK loving people there. Every time I find a VK user, I add him/her to my list.

I'm have soulseek open a lot of the time because I have a large wishlist that is yet to show up. Same username as here but I'm sharing userlist only so if you want to download something off me send me a message first. I still find rare stuff on there every now and then that you can't find anywhere else, usually from users who log in once and then never log in again

Soulseek is my primary option for downloading music so I'm online a lot. If anybody ever wants to chat or download anything from me, my username is gothicdollbox ^_^

4 hours ago, hermitosis said:

Soulseek is my primary option for downloading music so I'm online a lot. If anybody ever wants to chat or download anything from me, my username is gothicdollbox ^_^

nice! i'll ad you at once :)

3 hours ago, felipar said:

I still use slsk, I'm there as felipar.

What are the other sources used to download VK nowadays besides jpopsuki, slsk and this forum?

There are a lot of blogs floating around that still have download links, quite a few died but there are some that still have links, drop me a message if you need any of them

1 hour ago, Manabu said:

There are a lot of blogs floating around that still have download links, quite a few died but there are some that still have links, drop me a message if you need any of them

Date seems to be the most up to date, it's great that dix and some others still have active links.