CAT5

Does anyone still use soulseek?

Great to see some ppl joining up. I just want to note that you have to be online for me to add you to the group ofc. Also, my name there is CAT5

I haven't used Soulseek in like 10 years. I'd give it a go again. I don't have any music to offer though (all about that cloud).

Edit: My name on there is Furik.

qCUKyJ6.png

This might be an extremely stupid question and it might be going over my head but why can't I move my Soulseek window around?

I only use slsk sparingly these days. Haven't used it much since the last surge here on MH some time ago. I'm not even sure if I have the latest version at this point.

I'll try to stop by though! I'm saishuu over there.

qCUKyJ6.png

This might be an extremely stupid question and it might be going over my head but why can't I move my Soulseek window around?

Hold ALT and press Spacebar to toggle the menu and then use the up/down arrows to navigate to Move and press Enter, without clicking, you should be able to drag the window back to the screen using your mouse.

Please shoot me a message when you guys are online so that I can add you to the room. Just go to users and add me from there.

Since a few people were having issues joining the private room, I made the room public:

The room is called "monochrome heaven"

Please feel free to stop by

Don't hate me but how do I enter in a public room? I see nowhere on the interface to join a room under the 'Rooms' tab. I can enter random rooms on this list on the right but I don't know how to type in a room?

Edit: Nevermind. It decided to show up on its own. I joined.

Don't hate me but how do I enter in a public room? I see nowhere on the interface to join a room under the 'Rooms' tab. I can enter random rooms on this list on the right but I don't know how to type in a room?

Edit: Nevermind. It decided to show up on its own. I joined.

go to "rooms", click on any room, and then click "create room" at the top. then enter "monochrome heaven" and it should take you to the room

Wow, this sounds awesome! :D I'm definitely gonna start using this today once I get home since the site is blocked at the office

Okay, managed to get in the group. It might be awhile before I've picked out stuff to share, I'll have to pretty much go through my entire music library, and hopefully I can select folders to not show (or else people will get easily lost in all my gaijin music lol).

I used to be on soulseek 24/7 10 years ago, had a huuuge oldschool collection at the time.
I still log in sometimes but I've lost my mp3 collection, now I'm only sharing what I own for real (there are still lots of vk though)

I still use Soulseek from time to time. I abruptly left Soulseek in 2010 and when I came back, around 2013 most of the people I used to be friends with there was gone.

I remember this person who had Daraku, Baiser's demo. I would always try to download it with no success XD

I still have it on my pc but I don't use it anymore. There are good things there, for example: lots of live recordings from western concerts.

It is a good software, winMX and Utatane was also nice for jrock, very rare stuff.

If you can bring back a slsk jrock channel to life, I'll definitely check it out.

I tried WinMX again after some years and it was crap. Searches all returned garbage files no matter what I searched for. Then the solution that I found on the WinMX forum was a waste of time because OpenNap was unpopular and no one shared Japanese files using that connection.
Utatane is pretty dead as well.
I think no rare Jap stuff anymore on p2p.

So, DOES anyone still use soulseek nowadays??

I think it's still the best way to look for music, especially those rare releases. I joined both the "visual kei" and "monochrome heaven" rooms, but I'm pretty much the only one there xD

You may add me as niivozombie.

I seldomly use it. Mostly for obscure wave and post-punk crap, if I can't find it elsewhere. (old) VK seems to be dead there, plus I don't have that many rarez, so even if I wanted to trade, I can't.