beni

MH FEATURED POLL #25: What position do you sleep in?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #25  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What common sleeping position are you?

• Single - The Fetus - curling up in a fetal position. This was the most common position, and is especially popular with women.
    • Single - The Log - lying on one's side with the arms down the side.
    • Single - The Yearner - sleeping on one's side with the arms in front.
    • Single - The Soldier - on one's back with the arms pinned to the sides.
    • Single - The Freefall - on one's front with the arms around the pillow and the head tilted to one side.
    • Single - The Starfish - on one's back with the arms around the pillow.
    • Single - Other(s) not listed above.
    • Couple - Spoon â?? female on the inside.
    • Couple - Liberty â?? Back to back, not touching.
    • Couple - Cherish â?? Back to back and touching.
    • Couple - Loverâ??s Knot â?? face-to-face with legs touching for 10 minutes then separate.
    • Couple - Football â?? Facing each other with one foot touching.
    • Couple - Other(s) not listed above.

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #25: What position do you sleep in?

This is a multiple choice question, depending on if you're single or are in a relationship.

Options go in order of statistics, starting with the most common positions.

External links can be clicked on by the images for further information.

8+commonn.jpg

ZenBedroomsSleepPositions.jpg

sleeping.png

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/advice/a34764/what-sleep-position-says-about-your-relationship/

Or are you more like this?

258Hebi_sleeps.png

Statistics under spoiler:

From his survey of 1000 people, Idzikowski identified six positions and claimed to detect personality traits based on them:

Fetus (41%)
Log (15%)
Yearner (13%) 
Soldier (8%) 
Freefall (7%)
Starfish (5%) 
The remaining 11% stated their position varied or did not know. A Canadian survey found very different preferences, with 39% of respondents preferring the "log" position and 28% preferring to sleep on their side with their legs bent.

Couples
A Travelodge survey found that 50% of British couples prefer sleeping back-to-back, either not touching (27%) or touching (23%). Spooning was next, with the man on the outside 20% of the time vs. 8% with the woman on the outside. 10% favored the "lovers' knot" (facing each other with legs intertwined), though all but 2% separated before going to sleep. The "Hollywood pose" of the woman with her head and arm on the man's chest was chosen by 4%.

To submit a poll for the MH POLL OF THE WEEK, P.M. either @CAT5 or @beni with your poll question, choices, and state whether it's multiple choice or not. 

Uh, I guess the closest thing is The Freefaller, but with my right leg thrown to the side. XDD (Like how it is in fetus...) Sometimes (quite rarely) The Fetus. So I guess it varies! :'D

Fetus position. Basically have to be on one side or the other to sleep. When I lived with my ex it was a Lover's knot. Touch legs for like 10 minutes them get the hell out of my way so I can sleep plskthx. lol.

Fetus position. Basically have to be on one side or the other to sleep. 

Same. When I first injured my knee, I had to sleep on my back and that was some of the worst sleep that I can recall.

As for couples - one of my exes used to sleep diagonally lmao o_0

yearner, soldier, fetus. I move around a lot in my sleep, oops. 

teenager me also slept in the freefall position a lot, lol. but i don't sleep on my stomach anymore.

it's usually fetus or freefall for me. For the couple probably loosely tethered like in that photo would be the closest thing lol...

Fetus all the way. Every once in a while I catch myself sleeping in the Freefall position too, but that doesn't last long as my arm usually gets numb pretty fast.

I don't pay attention to positioning since I move a lot in my sleep. Probably either starfish, soldier or yearner since those seem like positions I start out with when I try to sleep.

Usually I start with Starfish, then end up in a Freefall position. And sometimes if I wake up in the middle of the night and try to go back to sleep it changes to the Foetus. xD

Most accurate description of me sleeping is literally face down and hardly breathing. I've had people say they think I died and have to shake me just to make sure I'm alive.