Braids

Braids+braiiiiid.jpg

I just saw this band last night in Seattle and they were pretty sweet and wanted to share them.

They started in Calgary, Alberta back in 2006 and are now based in Montreal, Quebec.

The lineup is (left to right):

Drums - Austin Tufts

Vocal/Electric guitar - Raphaelle Standell-Preston

Keyboard/Electric Guitar - Taylor Smith

*Katie Lee (3rd from left) is no longer part of the band.

They remind me a lot of School Food Punishment with their art rock/electronic sound.

But anyways, they're super rad.

Check them out!

Taste

Miniskirt

tumblr_n73chyUpUM1slj24go1_500.gif

This is one of my favorite bands, so I'm absolutely delighted to see this thread! I'm incredibly fond of Raphaelle's voice and the music is usually a perfect match!

Have you had a chance to hear the new album yet? And if so, what did you think?

It's one of the best albums I've heard all year so far. Although I wasn't very fond of "miniskirt" when I first heard it, the album turned out way better than expected. Definitely more accessible than "Flourish // Perish" was (although I loved that one too).

I recently came across the following track, which was a leftover track from "Flourish // Perish". No idea why this didn't make the album, but it's fantastic. Oddly enough, I've seen this track on the amazon Japan mp3 store, so maybe it was a Japan-only bonus? idk. Great stuff either way.

Yes, I agree! She's got an amazing voice!

Yup, they were selling their albums after the concert so I bought a vinyl version.

I've been listening to it all day (mp3s though since I don't have a record player) : P

I REALLY love it. Raphaelle comes up with really unique melodies.

I'll have to give the track a proper listen later. Thanks for sharing!

Yes, another fan!

Sign in to follow this