Trombe

D will resume activities & new maxi single "HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY" release

Neither is anyone in this topic accepting or understanding why there are people who like this concept and do not mind the colourful looks, lighthearted sound and all other that this single tells us. You are missing the point of where it is acceptable that people can enjoy this, because all that's been said is that this track is terrible and that D should re-evaluate their sound. The people who enjoy this are mocked and not taken seriously.

Excitement towards this release seems to be unacceptable as whenever someone voices a positive word on this, they immediately get taken down. I feel like anyone who likes this should not be able to enjoy this, because everyone is basically telling the people who enjoy it that it sucks and that there is no other possibility.

No one else who has posted they liked it has gotten negative reactions. You only got them because you decided to imply those who didn't like it were wrong or just didn't *get* what D were doing. So you opened it up for a discussion where you were outnumbered.

No one else who has posted they liked it has gotten negative reactions. You only got them because you decided to imply those who didn't like it were wrong or just didn't *get* what D were doing. So you opened it up for a discussion where you were outnumbered.

The three people in this thread who enjoy it have all been counter-responded to, and I haven't said anywhere that people are "wrong" for disliking it. I simply stated my personal opinion just like everyone else — I do not ask for responses (and frankly, I do not want them), I only desire to voice out what I think and leave it at that. If anyone feels the need to constantly bring down what I say then they should take that to me personally in a private message. Not openly.

The three people in this thread who enjoy it have all been counter-responded to, and I haven't said anywhere that people are "wrong" for disliking it. I simply stated my personal opinion just like everyone else — I do not ask for responses (and frankly, I do not want them), I only desire to voice out what I think and leave it at that. If anyone feels the need to constantly bring down what I say then they should take that to me personally in a private message. Not openly.

I've seen you and Neolicht (who straight up asked for a reply btw) get responded too. You are reaching and you need to read your comments again. Because you obviously don't remember it. You are the one pushing this argument by saying you don't get why people are mad then saying you don't want replies. Then don't post. This is a discussion forum where we talk about things.

as a bystander i also want to add, as a general understanding of discussion, nobody has a problem with stating an actual opinion or liking sth ("wheee nice catchy track and colors, i want to touch it seductively") but if you add some things, that leave the realm of opinion into the area of wrongly stated facts, people will point these out.

By constantly claiming D are (paraphrasing) "doing things outside of the box", "not jumping the latest trend" and are "<3 daring" in their compositions, you are making them out to be some sort of progressive avant-garde powerhouse, that they clearly aren't (at least with this release).

As pretty much everybody then pointed out this type of song, as well as the looks have been done to death by billions of other generi-kei bands (and probably D themselves). 

This doesn't mean that one can not like it, or even that it's necessarily a bad thing in general, but daring/outsidebox/etc it is not.

Excitement towards this release seems to be unacceptable as whenever someone voices a positive word on this, they immediately get taken down. I feel like anyone who likes this should not be able to enjoy this, because everyone is basically telling the people who enjoy it that it sucks and that there is no other possibility. 

when it comes to music, art, literature, etc., your excitement is fully justified by your own subjective experience of the aesthetic object itself. it doesn't matter that you can't find anyone who feels exactly the same way as you (even though that might be nice), because your excitement shouldn't be contingent on their excitement in the first place. why should that be the case? there's also no such thing as not being allowed to be excited (what does that even mean..?).

when people who reasonably differ from your position explain why they don't like something, it's always better to take what they say as an invitation to understand why they don't like x, instead of why you are wrong to like x. this distinction is important because for most intents and purposes, aesthetic statements remain in the realm of the descriptive and don't enter the prescriptive (e.g. "so-and-so ought to like/dislike x"). (an interesting digression: the Emotivists were a group of philosophers who collapsed this difference and asserted that all moral statements such as 'murder is wrong' are effectively nothing but statements about personal taste--needless to say their arguments weren't taken very seriously at all.)

alternatively you can ignore everyone who disagrees with you and resist the temptation to engage with them.

honestly if i'm only allowed to get excited over releases that have been "approved" by other people i'd be out of this forum long ago. and if there's one thing i've learned it's that agreeing to disagree is one of the most important skills of surviving the Internet without risking a severe stroke.

p.s.: i like the song!

Ah finally we got snippets for the b-sides, even if their b-sides are always so-so for me (I still prefer their full albums tbh, I'm not into their singles at all).

I would say A+B sounds legit, according to the release concept. C is more traditionnal. Idk what to think about the remix D, once again I love the verse, but I'm really curious to hear the chorus' remix, who knows, maybe I'll finally love the chorus lmao xD

Funny Bunny! sounds just as bad as the main song, but the other two sound good! Every once in a while they still release a memorable b-side (like 氷の墓標), so there's hope here at least.

I can say that "had a improvement"! Funny Buny is bad like main song (like @saishuu said). Although, the track  レピドプテラ no have nothing of special. So, the only song interesting is  兎角國の蟹 (i like). The remix seems that tried make this track a little better, but no expectations.

tumblr_lzrh0bzliQ1qddjovo1_500.gif

Funny Bunny! sounds too similar to HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY for me. It's clear that if you like one you'll like the other and if you dislike one you'll dislike the other. Nothing funny or bunny about it.

レピドプテラ is a little better than both of the other tracks but it's not inspiring confidence in me. I like Asagi's vocal melody if that counts for anything.

兎角國の蟹 is more in line with what I expect from D. The chorus wasn't enough for me to know if I'll like it or like it. Will need the whole track to judge.

Why listening to it remind me of a "Highschool Marching Band"?

playing for festival parade. Oh right? I get its Alice lost in wonderland!!

I kind of like it - the preview is just alright, but I appreciate how they're going this route instead of the vampire stuff that got old for me back in the mid-00s - some of their best work comes out when they stop with the Anne Rice nonsense. Genetic World had the least of it, so it is still my favorite D album.

I think it's cool how all of them are well into their 30s/40s and still going all out on their visuals. They are the only band (that I can think of at the moment) that jumps from subdued looks to outrageous ones like this with each release. Respect. (And the look is fabulous.)