anakuro

XAA-XAA (ザアザア)

Music's a little different, but it's catchy and they're still sounding really good! Love their purple outfits too lol You can definitely tell by their sound and music video they're part of a record label now. Glad I preordered this and their best of album already!!

The effects and the mannequin licking made me lol

I like the song so far. Looking forward to the single and finally seeing them next month

Why is the oneman in Takamatsu though ugh
And when are they going to announce instores

The last MV spot sounds very different from their previous work.. I'm curious to hear something more.

I just hope I will not be disappointed, I liked almost everything from them until now.

I agree with people who say that kowai kurai is the best release for now, while I personally liked every song of yuki tokei .. probably my favorite song is the third track (excluding the noises at the end lol). The only songs that I don't enjoy that much are from doshaburi no kanojo, while I really liked the rest.

While I'm not particularly a fan of the PV itself, I do like the song. And I quite liked it when I heard it live too so I've still got high hopes for it. Iirc it was more jazz influenced and I've always liked songs that are a bit more jazzy anyway...

I think my least favorite songs are off of Shinitai tbh. But yeah my favorite release all together is Kowai Kurai--it's still the most cohesive and just best all around in my opinion. Though my favorite songs are still ララララ and 花占い lol

But because of this song and PV I totally won't buy the new single and also not the album.

Don't know.. maybe I grab it later if its still possible, but I rather wait and listen to it first before I purchase it.

But even one of my japanese friend said.

Oh that band.. well they weren't that great live.

But I also think it's personal taste.

And if you check the bands I normally listen to, you fully understand why I don't like this kind of sound.

I keep my fingers crossed otherwise their last release was really the last release I ever bought....

While I'm not particularly a fan of the PV itself, I do like the song. And I quite liked it when I heard it live too so I've still got high hopes for it. Iirc it was more jazz influenced and I've always liked songs that are a bit more jazzy anyway...

I think my least favorite songs are off of Shinitai tbh. But yeah my favorite release all together is Kowai Kurai--it's still the most cohesive and just best all around in my opinion. Though my favorite songs are still ララララ and 花占い lol

Shinitai and Doshaburi no Kanojo are my fav releases. Kowai Kurai is in the middle, I didn't really liked their last single, but I'm having high hopes for this new one now. Still hoping listen to ララララ studio vers. lol

I like the PV preview for "Shitai dake desho?" and the music sounds good~

The special effects were cheesy, but the dancing girls and their purple "pimp-like" outfits are quite entertaining lol I'm looking forward to the new single~ Love this band!!

Their purple suits don't really seem pimp-like to me but rather like low budget Batman villains. Haru's hat especially makes me lol because it's a different color and material from their suits.

As for their releases, I'm in agreement with anakuro's opinion. コワイクライ is their most solid release but my favorite song is ララララ with 花占い and 子守歌 in a close second/third.

死にたい is my least favorite. I only really listen to are もうすぐ雨が降るから and 不感症. I like 闇 as well but I'm just never in the mood to listen to it.

Also, they announced instores since I last posted in this thread and it looks like I'm going to 2 or 3 of them. I'm really curious what their メンバーとお話したいだけでしょ?&お菓子欲しいだけでしょ? instore is gonna be like cause that sounds like one weird instore based on the description. Are they going to give us candy or something?

Their purple suits don't really seem pimp-like to me but rather like low budget Batman villains. Haru's hat especially makes me lol because it's a different color and material from their suits.

LOL this. They look like closet cosplay Joker/Riddler hybrids. I'm still here for it, though. lol

Ya, I went back and re-watched the video. I don't know why my first impression was "pimp" lol Maybe just because of the purple. But yeah, they do look more like comic book villains or something.

Oh man yeah I totally agree with the low budget batman villains thing LOL They even had like a bunch of question mark boxes on stage that kazuki would pull things out of and one of the items was a (fake) knife :')

I'm assuming the hanashitai dake desho? One would be like the 30sec talk w/ your fav member that they had before. I found out roji's english is pretty good at that. And idk march is white day so they might be like "lol it late but here's candy!" For the sweets one

nope, still disappointed in this band... still did lose me as fan. won't ask my friend to purchase it for me.

maybe someday I will get the best album if its still available in Japan, but won't order it right now..

I'm pretty sure usotsuki & kanden are the same remakes they released at osaka MUSE 2015.12.3

the remakes are all a little funky to me--probably just because i'm not used to them. I'll still buy the album though, if not just for the new song on it. 

for the single i think i was also mostly drawn to the 2nd track as a song itself but I have mixed feelings about it. when they presented that song for the first time kazuki had on a wig and fake beard and was saying "I am a god" and "god has come" and they had calligraphy saying the same thing and there was some strange headbanging on the floor which would good and fine except me and a few others are pretty sure it's mimicking and possibly even mocking zigzag which doesn't quite sit right with me....

Also, the drums at the beginning of the 3rd one by some hilarious coincidence are the same as the start of a Hana Shounen Baddies song and that's all i can think of when i hear that preview lmao

& doombox we can go to the CD shop maybe on the 1st and you can decide then about whether to get the album lol

I would hope they aren't mocking another band, that is never a good look. e_e; Unless your friends or something and everyone is IN on the joke.

lol it will probably all depend on how broke I am by that point. X"D

Idk if they've played with zigzag but i've never gotten the impression that they were close or anything. Also, zigzag's starting to get quite popular. So a few of us are ??? about that. 

Lol yeah I might put off getting the album until April but I'll at least get B type of the single. We might not have time on the 1st to grab it since it's the circuit live (where, coincidentally, zigzag is playing). But we'll find time to hit up the shop and grab the single at some point for sure

したいだけでしょ?is this group's weakest release so far, even the flashy look doesn't suit them too much.  But every band needs their one jazzy song so I'm hoping it's an exception. I have high hopes for Xaa Xaa and the new single is sounding great. I'm going to see them live in July, can't wait to see what kind of vibe they give off in live shows.

sadly not digging the new single (track 2 kinda sounds like some religious sutra haha) and best of album :(

maybe it's because i'm too used to listening to the original versions but kazuki's voice isn't as powerful in the remakes - would still buy the album when i go to japan (if it's even still available 3 months later lmao) because they have many good songs on there.

was really looking forward to the new single because yukitokei was beautiful, but oh well, i'll just wait for the next one! 

they're still a really promising band to me.

Very fast first thoughts of this single.

since somehow this single doesn't let me write any good review at all....

1st song したいだけでしょ?
I  must say that I like the song more without watching the horrible MV of it. But it still doesn't really catch my ears somehow, its not a bad song, however they wrote many greater songs in the past. However I do think I can enjoy it... even if I thought that I couldn't before. But it still doesn't give me the WOW effect which I got with their previous works. However there is a good point to this it sounds more mainstream so much more people will notice them and probably will love it.

2nd song 悲しいなら手を叩こう
It's a more faster song, a bit more vkei-ish sound not really that original. that "lalalalalala" -_-.. why?!  It's not that awfull song, but it sounds as they simple didn't really know anymore what to write and just created this kind of song?

3rd song 桜の街
Oh ballad?! totally lovely. His voice fits really good for such kind of songs...
Still I do miss something in his voice this time. his past ballad songs had much more power.

:2.5:

50:50

It has good elements, it has bad elements, its not something I must have in my collection. If i really would love something, I could write a real longer review, but this single doesn't let me write....

Even so, I'm looking forward to their next works. In hope that those newer works sound a bit more original.

But maybe their last single was just way to amazing for my ears... haha.

So.... what do you all think?

fast forward a few weeks after my initial thoughts on their new single.... i'm actually really digging the three tracks, especially track 2. it took several replays to enjoy this album, but i'm liking it a lot more than i thought i would so far lmao

I haven't had much time to listen (mostly, I've been marathoning BONES with and more recently without @doombox lol) but I've felt quite positive towards the single. I really like the title track--probably what I like the most. kanashii nara te wo tatakou is good but I still feel really iffy about them copying? mimicking? making fun of? another band. The third song I only heard once though lol

And as for the best of album I still think I prefer the originals & the last song on it (the new one) isn't as gripping for me as it seems to be fore like everyone else. Like girls were crying when it was played live???? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Incidentally I recently went to their shusai and did kuji and this is what I got (well actually I had to trade the reiya stuff I got......)

tumblr_o5f6o6zWTu1qa6dkxo1_540.jpg

lmao @ Roji's art skills
lmao @ "drumer" 

I'm surprised that 雨に殺される is going to be released so soon after their single

It's a concept mini-album with the theme of rain, lol. That's far from surprising with them...

I'm also a little behind on spending time with the latest single. I just finally got to ripping it to my computer yesterday with all the other CDs I bought on the trip. 

LULZ omigod that priceless work of art. I can't handle all the beauty. XD