beni

MH FEATURED POLL #28: Do you watch anime and/or read manga?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #28  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch anime and/or read manga?

• I do both.
    • I only watch anime.
    • I only read manga.
    • I don't do either.

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #28: Do you watch anime and/or read manga?

0000000000000000000000000000000hiyori-fa

How could you not like?

To submit a poll for the MH POLL OF THE WEEK, P.M. either @CAT5 or @beni with your poll question, choices, and state whether it's multiple choice or not. 

I've had a love for animation since I was a child, so naturally anime aligns with my interests. I'm not really fond of some of the common anime tropes, but I do appreciate the medium. I don't watch as much as I'd like to, though.

As for manga, I read ONE PIECE whenever I remember too, and Berserk too, but the creator releases new material so infrequently that I tend to forget about it.

I only watch anime. Can't be bothered to read through a manga because frankly, it doesn't inspire me much. I have some volumes of Kuroshitsuji and Vampire Knight but I could never get through the first chapters.

I do both, but I usually prefer manga because I feel like the story moves a lot faster and the art has more personality. Plus manga is easier to take along on a commute and I love all the little bonus pages with notes from the author or extra info on the characters.

Kuroshitsuji is hard to read (art style plus cramped dialogue bubble), I gave up after a few chapters. Many action/horror mangas are page turners, I appreciate the speed at which I go through plot points and actions sequences. Even though I like both, manga is worth the read for the extra details sometimes omitted in the anime. I spend more time reading than watching. Plus I just can't deal with them fanservice in many animes, I give up after one too many of em.

No.

Well, I bought Death Note box set so I watched this one, but I don't consider that enough to say that I'm an anime watcher.

I've also seen Cardcaptor Sakura (yea 8D) and Gravitation (yea x2 8DD rofl each fucking time for this one) and that's it. I've never read mangas.

Both. I read manga less frequently, I think I have finished only 6 manga in my life and I'm not reading anything actively right now.

I usually watch anime weekly, even though sometimes I have months long phases when I don't watch any anime at all. I have a bad habit of starting a dozen different anime and never finishing 90% of them, not because they're bad per se but due to my interest drifting elsewhere.

Voted "don't do either." I haven't watched any anime for a long time now, but I'm more of an anime person than a manga person, you could say.

I've kinda gotten tired of the typical, endlessly reused anime styles/tropes, so I only check out something if it doesn't feel too conventional...which is pretty much never, lol.

"I do both"!

I started reading manga and later with anime, but I love them both!

I have some period when I enjoy reading much more than watching and vice versa.

My genres are the same: splatter,psychological,horror,dramatic, usually the best dark and obscure plots are my favorite! 

I don't like very much mecha or fantasy, but there's a few exception. 

I do both, but mostly anime because it's easier to breeze through and I like listening to the soundtracks when they're good.

However, I usually prefer manga for the darker and explicit stuff that you can't really find in anime.  The horror database is bigger too~

I mainly read manga but rarely watch anime. Not quite a big fan of manga though. lol

I only read what I'm interested in which are sooooo few (Gokukoku no Brynhildr is the main one for the time being.) ;w;

However, I do like manga drawing styles in terms of art of course. xD

nostalgia., on 03 Aug 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

I mainly read manga but rarely watch anime. Not quite a big fan of manga though. lol

I only read what I'm interested in which are sooooo few (Gokukoku no Brynhildr is the main one for the time being.) ;w;

However, I do like manga drawing styles in terms of art of course. xD

This really surprised me XD

I guess I watch anime semi-regularly. Though my interest waxes and wanes with it, and I have long dry spells where there's no interest at all. Lately it's picked back up again, though. With manga, I had a very short period where I delved into it, partially because I was also collecting comic books as well. But due to space and money, I stopped. So I don't consider myself a manga reader at all these days.

I do both but not very often.

I only really keep up with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure but the Stardust Crusaders anime ended a while back and Jojolion chapters are published monthly so recently I'm doing neither.

Got back into anime pretty hard recently thanks to various factors. This is also why I signed up for MyAnimeList recently, to keep track of what I've watched, since I went on a huge DBZ nostalgia binge.

Haven't read manga in a while, but I have a small collection of books that I'd like to expand on. I may start going partially digital for manga... but buy the books of things I really love if I can find them.

Don't do either. Animes were a huge part of my early teenage years, but it's not something I'm interested in anymore.

Both, I'm anime trash lol. I prefer manga because in most cases it'll tell the story better, but I watch a fair bit of anime too. Ironically, I'm multitasking and watching anime as I write this...

Voted "neither"

I've never been into manga.. I really disliked the black & white art, lol.

I loved Sailor Moon as a pre-teen, and I got really into other anime in my college years (yeah.. i'm getting old). I usually watched a couple of episodes with my roommate during meals. She made me watch a lot of crappy shows. After college, I didn't feel motivated to keep watching anime (and maybe I outgrew it).. Nowadays, my time is completely occupied with VK, video games, and my job(s). 

Random facts:

The soundtrack to FLCL (featuring the pillows) is what got me into Japanese music. 

My favourites are Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Fruits Basket, Azumanga Daioh, School Rumble, and Suzumiya Haruhi something something.

I do both. But I just re-started with reading manga. I have been bingewatching a lot of anime lately, thanks to MAL. I choose a title randomly, if the plot interests me I watch the anime.