JukaForever

Your Gaming Styles

What is your gaming style? Take quiz here: https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/lab/10

here is mine

sZk2p1U.png

The keywords are quite true in my case. Other than immersion and action the graphs are also right on. The action questions seemed to be geared towards AAA titles (which I am not a big fan of) and the immersion questions focused more on narration rather than setting. I think a detailed world that doesn't rely on narration is a better gaming experience and is what I am after in terms of immersion. After that is settled, creativity comes in and I can live out in that fantasy world. 

Here is mine. 

2a3c2cddec1fe8922b1c3aba7c2a192d.png

Thought i would get higher in immersion, and a bit less in social, as i like games where i fell like im in the game, and because it is very rare for me to write in the chat for any online game.

screenshotshare_20150805_195431_zpskep1g

I'd say it's fairly accurate. I care less about story and more about gameplay and like actually playing rather than sitting through cutscenes. I wonder if it would be any different if I did this back wken I wasn't just a casual gamer.

aiWVtux.png

Not even mildly surprising. I love storylines and background information — I love spending hours upon hours in sandbox-universes where I can create an alter-ego of myself to escape reality (which is likely the most profound reason for my gaming addiction). With games such as The Elder Scrolls series, the Fallout series and practically any other large-scale RPG game I know I can find what I'm looking for and this is why I hold these titles closest to my heart. I love action from time to time, but I am one for exploring game worlds and discovering secrets, doing quests and getting to know NPCs in the game. 

chart_zpsyf3xlzou.jpeg

I wish they asked questions related to puzzle games or puzzles in games.

I really like DOS shooters like Blood and Duke Nukem 3D, old survival horror games like Resident Evil 2 and Silent Hill 3, and those games where each time you start you have to collect power ups to get stronger and kill bosses like Binding of Isaac and Risk of Rain.

chart_zpsyf3xlzou.jpeg

same. I play shooters and puzzle games and it only really reflects the shooter aspect.

I think that is covered under creativity. Some puzzles require thinking out-of-the-box which IMO is creativity.

Gamers with high Creativity scores are constantly experimenting with their game worlds and tailoring them with their own designs and customizations. Gamers with low Creativity scores are more practical in their gaming style and accept their game worlds as they are.

34g0aas.jpg

Looks about right. I usually don't play anything that requires reflexes or quick decisions, and I'd rather play as a team than compete. I like RPG and strategy games where you can raise the characters in different ways or follow different paths within the same world.

I like party games like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros too, but I only play them when I have friends over.

@JukaForever: I guess your right. Although, I interpreted that blurb more in a sandbox way where someone might try out as many different things to test the limits of a game's engine. Or comparing games like Elder Scrolls where it's highly customizable and the game plays however you want, and Halo where you play as a named character with an identity and progress the game linearly with little room to try different things. I guess I wanted questions directly about puzzles. "Cerebral challenge" type questions.

1lj67q0dtsfhqm6zg.jpg

There's mine!  Haha, I like how Social is 5%.  I'm really not into online games that much, unless I'm playing with one of my friends.  I could care less about leaderboards.  This looks pretty accurate.

eE5Djlf.jpg

Since I went through the trouble of doing the survey, I might as well post the results!

I guess this is pretty accurate. The most important word being "relaxed". I hate competition & challenge, because doing things over and over again to practice/figure out a strategy feels like a waste of time and stresses me out. I usually play games to indulge in power fantasies, not to get frustrated.

I probably scored high on "action" because I like mowing down enemies at an easy difficulty level. I feel like the question was geared towards guns ("blowing things up"), but I really prefer swordplay/melee combat over guns (I'm terrible at aiming...). Of course, I will also take turn-based RPG combat any day.