Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

STEAM

2q2lueg.png

Steam is an Internet-based digital distribution platform developed by Valve Corporation offering digital rights management (DRM), multiplayer, and social networking. Steam provides the user with installation and automatic updating of games on multiple computers, and community features such as friends lists and groups,cloud saving, and in-game voice and chat functionality. 

As of February 2015, over 4,500 games are available through Steam, which has 125 million active users. Steam has had as many as 10 million concurrent users as of June 2015. In November 2009, Stardock estimated it at 70% and then later, in October 2013, it was estimated by Screen Digest that 75% of games bought online for the PC are downloaded through Steam.

Ever since I bought a laptop about 6 months ago for vocal recording, which is now essentially my gaming laptop, I frequent the site often. I discovered cpu gaming which before was impossible on my desktop because i use that strictly for audio production. I have around 80 games in my library, about a 1/3 are actually installed and I've only beaten about a handful of those. Yeah i don't have a lot of time for gaming, but what I really like about the site is the indie games. So many gems, lots of duds too though. And the fact that on occasion i can get A list games for $5. The last games I beat and had a lot of fun with was Hero Siege and Unholy heights.

Right now I'm working on Claire, a indie horror silent hill type of game, and The Cat Lady,  a psychological horror game.  

So anybody here use steam? LIke it? or don't?

Yes, I use steam. It's a great platform for indie gaming as well as big name titles and their sales they run are fucking amazing. RIP wallet for steam summer sale. I love it. Especially since I can even run games using it's launcher that steam doesn't sell just because they're cool like that. I keep up with work friends on there and play a lot of games on there. Feel free to add me. I play a lot of MMO's and whatever tickles me at the time. 

Steam sn: tetsusama69

Sign in to follow this