Sign in to follow this  
Bear

SIGH

Shitty video, amazing song. The production feels a bit off, but then again so it did with Scenes From Hell and the original Gallows Gallery as well, and  now I love both so I don't mind. I also expect that be the most straightforward track on the album. I sure hope so after all they promised. Heh.

That's the song with Matt Heafy of Trivium as well. I'm pretty sure that's him on the chorus. Has to be. It is.

Was hoping the guitars would have a bit more... meat on them? Like in hangman's hymn. But still pretty good.

Understand what you mean, but as with both Scenes From Hell and In Somniphobia the guitars and riffs isn't exactly in the focus here. But a good rip/physical release might give everything a facelift.

Anyway, the riffs sounds like something from Hangman's Hymn. Very thrashy and cool.

Some updates from Mirai:

Mirai:

Here's a warning. "Out of the Grave" does not represent the musical style of "Graveward" at all. Other songs are quite different. If you're our fan, you should know this but just in case.

"Out of the Grave" is the only fast song on the album. And surely it's the most straightforward.

Very interesting, and as expected.

I'm glad that the song "doesn't represent the musical style of Graveward" but "the ONLY fast song"? I'm kinda disappointed.

Great song and very much Scenario IV-esque with hints of both Hail Horror Hail and Gallows Gallery, something I really like. Guitars still lack power, though, and You Oshima just isn't Shinichi no matter how one twist and turns it. He's more gifted on the technical part of the playing, but he lacks his own stye. And Oshima's solos just isn't anywhere near as good, cool and unique as Shinichi's. They're pretty standard and without any sign of uniqueness to them.

But I am enjoying this a lot. Gonna be such a great album.

Mirai sure as hell didn't lie when he talked about how this album had plenty King Dimaond-insiration to it. There's lots of early King Diamond influences to be found throughout the album. Like, a shitload, and that's cool. After a couple of listens Scenario IV, Gallows Gallery and Hail Horror Hail comes to mind, as well as King Diamond. The heavy metal influence is strong in this one.

Sounds great so far, but it'll take some time getting used to the lack of Shinichi and the production. But it sounds like a grower, and I am sure this'll be among the best albums of the year when we hit the end.

just listened and even though I dont know much of King Diamond's music, I do hear it.

still yet to determine how I feel about the album. it sounds great is all i have to say.

I've played it 20+ times now and I am still not completely used to the lack of Shinichi and the production, but I am really enjoying the album. It's "only" a 8/10 album so far, though. 8/10 would be great for any other band, but for Sigh it's pretty weak as they've never gone bellow 9/10 with an album before. I expect this to grow a lot with time, though, just like Scenes From Hell and Gallows Gallery did. I wasn't completely blown away for the first 50 listens with either of the two, but in 2015 i consider both to be perfect masterpieces.

The band had a hard time mixing the album because they had a shitload of tracks and all that, but despite this and everything that happens on the album I think this sound like one of their most straight-forward albums since Ghastly Funeral Theater, along with Hangman's Hymn. Weird.

Depends on who you ask, and I disagree with that. I think the original Gallows Gallery have one of the best and most fitting productions ever. I love that muddy, almost garage-esque production. It makes it even more unique as the production is very unusual for a heavy/power metal album. I also love the production on Scenes From Hell. It really adds to the apocalyptic, hellish atmosphere on the album.

And on top of that I think everything up to Hail Horror Hail, Imaginary Sonicscape, Hangman's Hymn and In Somniphobia sounds great production-wise. The only one I'd say is weak, except for the new one as of now, is Scenario IV: Dread Dreams. It lacks punch, but it's not something I think about when listening to the album. It's now awful, just a bit weak.

I also love the production on Scenes From Hell. It really adds to the apocalyptic, hellish atmosphere on the album.

Couldn't agree more.

Although, Scenes From Hell was for from a grower for me, just like In Somniphobia. Loved from the first listen.

But the Gallows Gallery production never clicked with me.

And as for some whining; the guitar solos in the new album's dangerously close to boring.

I thought about checking Kadenzzza, but the guitar work in Graveward's making me rethink.

Several times while listening to Graveward, I've found myself wondering how Gallows Gallery would have sounded with Mikannibal on vocals.

Though I've gotten used to the flat vocals in it, still, amusing to let my imagination loose.

And as for some whining; the guitar solos in the new album's dangerously close to boring.

I thought about checking Kadenzzza, but the guitar work in Graveward's making me rethink.

I agree with the solos. They lack character and are uninteresting for most part. They just doesn't add anything to the music itself.

But Kadenzza is highly recommended from me. Both Into the Oriental Phantasma and The Second Renaissance are great albums. Totally different from Sigh, and You's style of guitar playing fits the music of Kadenzza way better. I get a Diabolical Masquerade and The Bishop of Hexen-esque feeling from the band, which I consider a good thing.

Here's the info about who played what / who sang where on Graveward.

Kelly Simonz's guitar solo's: Beginning of Kaedit, Before keyboard solo on Tombfiller and Dwellers.

Fred's guitar solo: The first solo on Casketburner.

Matt Heafeay's vocal: "Out of the Grave" chorus

Niklas' vocal: At the end of Messenger (Will you fear...)

Sakis' vocal: Dweller chorus (Let me out)

Metatron's narration; At the end of Messenger, this is narration so it's quite obvious.

Other vocals are done by me and Dr. Mikannibal. Clean vocals are by Dr. Mikannibal unless it's low male voice.

Sign in to follow this