CAT5

Recommended Tracks: September 2015!

MH's Best New Tracks: September 2015!  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which featured tracks did you enjoy from this Month?

• DADAROMA - "æ??çµ?é?»è»? (saishuu densha)"
    • Plastic Tree - 落è?± (Rakka)
    • SCAPEGOAT - æ?æ?¥æ??と伝æ??ç?? (Shishunki to Densenbyou)
    • ã??ã?³ã?¿ã?´ã?³ (Pentagon) - "Jesus Phobia"
    • å?? (lin) -THE END OF CORRUPTION WORLD- - â??Dedicate to Graveyardâ?
    • å??楽å?¨ã?ã?³ã?? (Wagakki Band) - Perfect Blue
    • å°?å¹´è¨? (Shounenki) - STARLIGHT SNOW
    • Age Factory - "Nohara"
    • eito - iny
    • möscow çlub (moscow club) - CELINE
    • sajjanu - Marv Merchants
    • T.C.L - "LOST A COLOR"
    • Tempalay - sea side motel
    • the north end - ã??ã?£ã?¹ã?¯ã?¼ã?«ã?? (this world)
    • ã?«ã??ã?« (KAFUKA) - "She's like Sofia Coppola"
    • ã?ã?ºã??ã?¶ã?¼ã?º (buzzmothers) - ã?¹ã?«ã?¼ã??ã?ªã??ã??ã?£ã?³ã?° (skirt lifting)
    • Kalafina - heavenly blue
    • SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki - oâ? 
    • Yun*chi - FUTURE FUTURE*
    • ã?«ã?©ã?¹ã¯ç??っç?½ (karasu wa masshiro) - "ã??ã?ºã? ã?ªã?¢ã?ªã?ºã?  (hizumu realism)"
    • 西é??ã?«ã?? (Nishino Kana) - Aå??のã?ã?

Best New Tracks: September 2015

Another month has passed and the ORZ team has more new tracks to recommend! Be sure to check them out and let us know with you think. Feel free to comment and recommend your own picks as well!

In addition, a special thanks to our guest contributor @Lestat for writing our very first BNT guest submission! From now on, we will be accepting guest submissions for the Best New Tracks Series. To find out how to contribute, please contact @CAT5 via PM!

Visual Kei

"最終電車 (saishuu densha)" by DADAROMA

albumartist

I have to give it to this band for skyrocketting in popularity the way they have, especially when they haven't even reached their first year anniversary yet. After releasing a video for "最終電車" that was so graphic it had to be removed and censored before it could return to YouTube, DADAROMA have figured out more than one way to get quite a number of jaws dropping and tongues wagging. But don't let that eclipse the fact that the band's musical consistency is still strong as ever. Much like their previous tunes, they continue to explore some metal-infused swing frontier here and harness a chaotic, yet danceable energy that is just plain addictive in this track.

- @doombox

"落花 (Rakka)" by Plastic Tree

albumartist

Pura's recent input to their lengthy discography certainly isn't their best, but it's still of the highest caliber, and I find "落花" to be placed at the top if you're ranking their latest batch of singles. It's definitely one of their better 'grower' songs, since my first listen of the single title track didn't have me mesmerised like my usual first listens of their releases. Instead, my fondness for it grew. The structure is a simple one, but still extremely satisfying, and with Ryutaro's signature raspy, delicate vocals (and quickly delivered while we're at it), "落花" proves that Plastic Tree still has its roots firmly grounded.

- @beni

"思春期と伝染病 (Shishunki to Densenbyou)" by SCAPEGOAT

albumartist

"思春期と伝染病", the B-side to SCAPEGOAT's latest single isn't anything you haven't heard before. In general, SCAPEGOAT isn't a band that you should look to for innovation within VK, but these guys tackle some of the common visual tropes with a certain grace and all-around solidness that's difficult not to warm up to. "思春期と伝染病" is one of their frillier and ballad-y numbers, and it has a sort of vintage VK feel to it that easily outshines the single's title track. I'll also get killed for this, but their vocalist vaguely reminds me of Hizumi (D'espairsRay), so plus points for that too!

- @CAT5

"Jesus Phobia" by ペンタゴン (Pentagon)

albumartist

Pentagon continues to progress after a very strong start, and their newest multi-type release has shown their widening versatility in a great way! However, my favorite was still the lead song as it brings us back to a darker side we have been missing since their debut. The chorus has a great melody that rounds the song out and saves it from any pitfalls of monotony. Meanwhile, Pentagon hold true to enough core elements that "Jesus Phobia" still fits perfectly into their short but solid discography.

- @doombox

"Dedicate to Graveyard" by 凛 (lin) -THE END OF CORRUPTION WORLD-

albumartist

After what appeared as an initial struggle ensuing the fusion of two iconic groups, 凛 have moved forward (or have they travelled back to the past?) in the direction of their explosive endgame, creating a dream-like escape hatch for those reminiscing over Visual Kei’s former melodious and mysterious glory. “Dedicate to Graveyard” commences with band leader Kisaki’s trademark heavy, almost religion-driven synthesizers, and very subtly flows into the euphonic streams of memorable guitar riffs with the dedicated crooning of Sui we are accustomed to. This track nearly breaches the eight-minute mark and stands solid for the entirety of its length while we are rewarded with powerful drumming sequences, off-the-wall dual solos, and simultaneously finespun interludes of calmness. While fresh air has been blown into the group’s sound, the nearly minute-long instrumental outro feels very much like the band’s final farewell, and leaves me pondering with mixed feelings.

- @Lestat

"Perfect Blue" by 和楽器バンド (Wagakki Band)

albumartist

For the longest time, Wagakki Band was one unit I could never get into, despite the Vocaloid link. Thanks to falling for 陰陽座 (Onmyouza) more over time and to @Zeus for keeping Wagakki Band in the spotlight, I decided to give them another spin with their first original release. It's probably due to my own high expectations that I kept failing in appreciating the band, but certain tracks from 八奏絵巻 (Yasouemaki) really did it for me for the first time, my favourite being track three. What really takes my fancy for this track is the impressive quick talking in the chorus. Not only this, but the whole melody from start to finish is gorgeous. It is very much art in its musical form, and if someone were to ask me for such a piece, this is what I'd present. "Perfect Blue" isn't lying with that name.

- @beni

"STARLIGHT SNOW" by 少年記 (Shounenki)

albumartist

I'm still on the fence about Shounenki, but they're slowly winning me over. While the title song "WEAKNESS_MY BLOOD" was a solid effort (great chorus, in any case), I'm not sold on vocalist Kou's intermittent, clunky rapping. On the B-side, however, the stars aligned and the band delivered a dramatic power-pop hit, not unlike something BLU-BILLION would do. I might be running out of platform, but there's a good chance that I'll be diving for the door of the Shounenki hype train express by their next release.

- @fitear1590

Rock / Metal / Punk / Indie / Alt.

"Nohara" by Age Factory

albumartist

I was not prepared for Age Factory to release a song this visceral and raw. The vocals hang on a cacophonous emotional precipice that is hard to handle at first, but once the rest of the band kicks in, everything clicks. There are a lot of elements pushing and pulling at you in this song, from jarring, discordant guitar licks melting to funky walking basslines, and some really explosive drumming is the glue that holds everything together. This track is an immediate stand out, and it's no wonder they made this the title track of their new mini album. 

- @doombox

"iny" by eito

albumartist

eito is an up-and-coming math-rock band from Nagoya that claims to be influenced by the likes of toe, LITE, MIRROR, etc (basically all the greats). They just released their first album trivial agony under stiffslack (a Japanese indie label that specializes in post-rock, post-hardcore, math-rock, emo, etc), and it's a fairly impressive debut. "iny" does a great job of showcasing the band's capabilities, from the more explosive passages to the quieter, post-rock moments. Eito is still a young band, and despite their solid songwriting, they're still really rough around the edges and aren't as tight as they need to be. Regardless, they're a promising act with a keen melodic sense. Pick up "trivial agony" on bandcamp for cheap!

- @CAT5

"CELINE" by möscow çlub (moscow club)

albumartist

möscow çlub first gained notoriety a few years back for being one of first Japanese bands to successfully crowdfund their debut album. Their second album just came out on September 30th, but they gave us an early taste with this single, featuring Amanda Åkerman from Swedish twee pop duo Alpaca Sports on background vocals. Despite some lines of awkward Engrish, "CELINE" captivates with its enchanting, ethereal atmosophere, calling to mind the garish beauty of twinkly 80s anime themes. It really hits the spot around the halfway mark!

- @fitear1590

"Marv Merchants" by sajjanu

albumartist

Avant-garde instrumental band sajjanu recently released their third album Trauma13 and it's a non-stop aural assault. Thirteen tracks and twenty-seven minutes of frantic guitar work and ferocious drumming. With each track hovering around the two-minute mark, it's an intense, but brief listen that may require some time to fully wrap your head around. "Marv Merchants" is an instant standout, though. It's jazz-tinged and more overtly melodic than the rest of the album. It's also more easygoing in tone, despite the band's staggering instrumental vigor remaining consistent. Trauma13 and Sajjanu's other works can be picked up on bandcamp!

- @CAT5

"LOST A COLOR" by T.C.L

albumartist

It's been a while since we've gotten much new T.C.L material. It seems as soon as something new gets recorded, KYONO and company get caught up in the member replacement shuffle, though the musical quality doesn't ever seem to suffer. This new release may arguably be their best so far. "LOST A COLOR" is the most melodic offering on the release and restrains their crossover influences for a bit of 90s alternative nostalgia, though it also has a very modern feel when coupled with the distortion effects and overall production value. Be sure to check it out, since all of the new songs are available for free download on the band's soundcloud page.

- @doombox

"sea side motel" by Tempalay

albumartist

With bands like never young beach, CARD, ミツメ (mitsume), シャムキャッツ (siamese cats), and now Tempalay, this beachy guitar-pop sound seems to be becoming a trend as of late. Tempalay's take on it is just as welcome, though. With Autumn quickly rolling in, "sea side motel" plays like a nostalgic ode to the warm, lethargic days of summer. It's a song from the band's debut EP, aptly titled "instant hawaii"; perhaps because when listening to this, it's easy to forget about the oppressive rain showers and decaying leaves outside.

- @CAT5

"ディスワールド (this world)" by the north end

albumartist

Having been active since 2001, the north end are an unheralded staple of Japan's emo scene. It's been seven years since the band's last nation-wide release and now they've returned with their "Balance" EP. The lead track "ディスワールド" opens with the commanding groove of a simple, yet resonant bassline that's further embellished by consistently busy guitars and dub-delayed vocals. This song develops into quite the jam by the end, and it's a hell of a greeting from the band after so long!

- @CAT5

"She's like Sofia Coppola" by カフカ (KAFUKA)

albumartist

KAFUKA was my new discovery for September. I first encountered them when "ニンゲンフシン (ningen fushin)" popped up on my YouTube subscription list and I was immediately taken with their deft mix of poppy and indie sensibilities. After trying out the album, the opening track "She's Like Sofia Coppola" has officially become my favorite, but for a reason that might not make sense to others. With its mellow pop-rock and Kouta's cadence (on this track in particular), it's a throwback to early THE KIDDIE songs, which I sorely miss. Summer may have come to an end, but we can still jam out to this feel-good tune!

- @fitear1590

"スカートリフティング (skirt lifting)" by バズマザーズ (buzzmothers)

albumartist

buzzmothers are the spiritual successors of the disbanded indie group ハヌマーン (hanumaan). The members are entirely different outside of vocalist/guitarist Ryoichi, who has served as the creative core of both bands. In fact, "スカートリフティング", from buzzmother's new album 怒鳴りたい日本語 (donari tai nihongo) could easily serve as a hanumaan track. Ryoichi's distinct vocals, energetic riffage, and songwriting propensities are all present in this song. Even his guitar tone is the same. buzzmothers are sure to sate fans who might be nostalgic for hanumaan, but they're also sure to please those just looking for fun music to rock out to.

- @CAT5

Pop / Idol / R&B / Hip-Hop

"heavenly blue" by Kalafina

albumartist

Having gotten back into one of my most beloved first finds in J-music, I had been eyeing Kalafina's upcoming album for the past week. Their latest singles have been as strong as ever which only encourages the must listen experience of their fourth album, 'far on the water'. Overall, my expectations got the better of me, but if there's one standout track, it's certainly "heavenly blue", the single title track that got me back into the unit after listening to their excellent first album and leaving it at that. The repeat value of that song alone is outstanding, and if you're a newcomer to their music, I'm sure this one will sell you on them. From the exquisite melodies of the chorus to the powerful, ethereal vocals from all three female singers, the perfection is out of this world.

- @beni

"oⅠ" by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki

albumartist

Hiroyuki is an outstanding composer, don't get me wrong, but his second album - comprising of guest vocals unlike his first - became a daunting experience with melodies that never changed and predictable choruses. While I wouldn't recommend the full album to anyone, I'd definitely pick out certain tracks, the title song "oⅠ" (featuring guest vocals by mizuki of itsue) definitely being one of them. Equipped with the most memorable chorus of them all, the song is simply breathtaking. mizuki's lush vocals work best with this steady beat, especially at the bridge. All you really need to take away from this album is "oⅠ".

- @beni

"FUTURE FUTURE" by Yun*chi

albumartist

I was absolutely pumped for Yun*chi's second album as soon as the news came out, and with a tracklist filled with well-known featured musicians as the album's producers, from singing sensation Chara and m-flo's 高橋 拓 (Taku Takahashi) to 北川勝利 (Kitagawa Katsutoshi) of Round Table fame, it was sure to be a bigger hit than her flawless debut album. But surprise! It's not the Chara track which is my favourite. "FUTURE FUTURE*" is a sugar coated ride from start to finish. One of the new names I discovered on the tracklist, producer U-SKE does a fantastic job in creating an electronic beat that fits exquisitely to Yun*chi's cute and high pitched vocals. Her music doesn't get any more perfect than this.

- @beni

"ヒズムリアリズム (hizumu realism)" by カラスは真っ白 (karasu wa masshiro)

albumartist

"hizumu realism" caught me by surprise, as the overly 'cute' vocal style in this song that is typical of a lot of J-pop would usually send me running away in the opposite direction. But Kana's saccharine vocals come off much more genuine this time around than I remember them in the past. The synthesized guitars and other electronics backing her up maintain a fun atmosphere, but have a solid technical showmanship about them that lends the song a bit more oomph. There's just enough going on to keep the song interesting without distracting from the catchy melody. Don't be surprised if you're still humming it hours later.

- @doombox

"A型のうた (A-Gata no Uta)" by 西野カナ (Nishino Kana)

albumartist

Nishino's new single is worth a listen altogether, but the suggested track is definitely the B-side. It's a fun little tune that ends all too soon, with a typical J-pop chorus and jazzy moments here and there. Don't be turned off by the use of 'typical'. What I mean by this is that it may not sound that different from what you'd usually hear in J-pop, but that doesn't change the fact that it's insanely catchy. Kana is a firm favourite in the J-pop music scene due to her pleasant and delightful vocals, and this isn't any different in her latest single. The jazz influence with the trumpets makes for a dance-y tune you can't resist tapping to. I'm going to say it, I'll be surprise if this isn't a chart topper!

- @beni

See you next month! :3

@CAT5 had post the list on my Uni exams period :D :D :D

I totally forgot about it xD

But I have to say my top 3 favorite songs from this month are:

ザアザア / 闇

ザアザア / 死にたい

DADAROMA / 最終電車

@doombox I like this whole single, this is kind strange, because I'm always half to half with they doing like two ways of music only. I hope they can do more like this.... How do you don't posted ザアザア? XD

@beni Perfect Blue, was one of the songs I most enjoyed from this new album from 和楽器バンド.

@CAT5 I'm going to take a look at this SCAPEGOAT as well too. Long time I don't listen to them

@fitear1590 — "CELINE" by möscow çlub: This reminds me of 80's synth-pop and new-wave music, closely related to Duran Duran and Tears For Fears, and anything else of the sort. Very enjoyable and impressive as this is a sound that is difficult to reproduce in more modern times. If their other releases sound like this, I might actually develop an interest for this.

But I have to say my top 3 favorite songs from this month are:

ザアザア / 闇

ザアザア / 死にたい

DADAROMA / 最終電車

@doombox I like this whole single, this is kind strange, because I'm always half to half with they doing like two ways of music only. I hope they can do more like this.... How do you don't posted ザアザア? XD

Nice picks! :D I'm happy you were able to enjoy both songs on the Dadaroma single. I'd be happy if they make more like this too. 

I didn't post any xaa xaa because I liked the release but I didn't feel any of the songs were quite strong enough to make the list. "mousugu ame ga furu kara" and "yami" were my favorites, though.

I second Shounenki and Kalafina.

Normally I'd agree with Scapegoat but that song doesn't really engage me like the rest of their music.

Some of my additions:

ザアザア - もうすぐ雨が降るから 

死にたい isn't my favorite release from the band but I quite like this track compared to the others. 闇 is pretty good, too. 

マイナス人生オーケストラ - 見捨てられマン
えんそく - USJ

脱法ニュウラライザー is a really great release besides the main track of the same name but these two songs are my favorites. 

ギャロ - SUCCUBUS (remix)

Gallo distributed a CD with remixes of INCUBUS and SUCCUBUS to A ticket holders at their O-West oneman on 9/11, so it's not an official release but I'd like to include it since it came out this month. INCUBUS is very... reggae? With ocean sound effects? It's kinda weird and not for me. But SUCCUBUS sounds straight out of Final Fantasy VI. It's 1000x better than the original in my opinion.

Moscow Club and new Age Factory sound totes cool (well, very familiar and good acts as you might guess!).

Also: shame on those who missed this nice J-pop gem of Autumn!

Latest Passepied album is fun!

Also, latest I Love You Orchestra ain't bad either

Yellowcard-meets-math rock-meets-classical elements? (except if Yellowcard were good actually, oops)

Ito's quick unfiltered thoughts! Watch as I lose my ability to think and describe!

Green = mhmm
Yellow = hmmm
Orange = uhhhhh

Red = uuuugh

VK
DADAROMA - "最終電車 (saishuu densha)"
Those horns are all kinds of horrid. It feels like there is some interesting stuff hiding under a layer of generic VK and terrible synth horns. Overall kind of a fun track and more memorable than your average VK fare. I want to give this a orange for its faults, but those hints of greatness push it up for me.

Plastic Tree - 落花 (Rakka)
At risk of being stoned, I don't think Plastic Tree is all that great of a band. It kind of boggles my mind that they have stayed around for as long as they have with how managed to stay around with a vocalist that sounds like a chain smoking squeaky toy with a cold. That said, they still manage to consistently put out good work. Hardly ever great, but pretty consistent. This track is no different and while I found there wasn't much that stood out to me, I still enjoyed my play through.

SCAPEGOAT - 思春期と伝染病 (Shishunki to Densenbyou)
Solid VK that you have already heard before. Certainly enjoyable and well constructed, but the formula is still the same.

ペンタゴン (Pentagon) - "Jesus Phobia"
VK with a dark and "spooky" vibe. The dissonance in the synth violins makes them a little bit more tolerable in parts, but still kind of painful for me. I really wish the pop chorus wasn't here though, I feel like it really hurts the song and makes it feel more generic than it is as it feels so bland and uninspired compared to the rest of the song.

凛 (lin) -THE END OF CORRUPTION WORLD- - “Dedicate to Graveyard”
What is up with high pitched tones in the opening organ - that certainly does not sound right and makes it feel sooo electronic. Sadly, this isn't the end of the bad synth. The end result if your average VK "classical" rock ballad. I'll pass.

和楽器バンド (Wagakki Band) - Perfect Blue
Wagakki is pretty much always solid and this track is no different. For whatever reason though, this track feels like it is lacking some of the emotion in the female vocals as compared to some of their other work - it just feels a little more flat. The fast paced sections are fun, but this one seems to only fall in to the "good" for me, just out of reach of the "great." Though I could potentially see this one being a grower.

少年記 (Shounenki) - STARLIGHT SNOW
Not an overly VK feeling tracking, seemingly more your average pop-rock. The rapping sections feel pretty weak and the bleep bloops feel just don't work in most spots. It's weird, I find this song solid and boring at the same time. I doubt I would ever listen to this one again, but if it is your thing, I imagine this track is great. Also probably the best usage of synth violin in this months group (that still doesn't make it good though lol).

Rock / Metal / Punk / Indie / Alt.
Age Factory - "Nohara"
I honestly didn't like the intro section at all, but after that the track really picks up. I still don't really care for the vocals afterwards, but the instruments are great - especially that bass line and those funky guitar riffs.

eito - iny
I'm hoping the compression on this one is just in the upload cause maaaaan this track is compressed. I liked it, but I really need to listen to this in a higher bit rate downloaded form. Feels like some solid post/math rock that still needs to find a bit more of a personality. That said, this has been my most enjoyed track so far. I especially enjoyed the soft interlude section.

möscow çlub (moscow club) - CELINE
Did I take a time machine to the 80's? THESE WEREN'T THE YEARS I WANTED! Sorry bat man did I ever not like this track.

sajjanu - Marv Merchants
ADD math rock...not sure how I feel on this one.

T.C.L - "LOST A COLOR"
TCL? They made my GF's TV. XD
Solid rock with heavy distortion, but nothing I found all that memorable. 

Tempalay - sea side motel
As CAT5 has called it, "beachy guitar-pop sound" is not my thing. I also don't understand the appeal of adding effects that make the vocals sound like they were recorded in a bathroom.

the north end - ディスワールド (this world)
The intro hangs around a little on the long side, but one the guitar enters, this track really picks up. I'm a little unsure on the vocals, but man do I like everything else about this. 

カフカ (KAFUKA) - "She's like Sofia Coppola"
Solid indie pop-rock. Not much more to say. Zoned through this track, but not in a bad way.

バズマザーズ (buzzmothers) - スカートリフティング (skirt lifting)
Fun, upbeat, groovy - maybe not anything spectacular, but a damn fun listen.

Pop / Idol / R&B / Hip-Hop
Kalafina - heavenly blue
I'm not certain if Kalafina was ever my kind of music - they just manage to feel like anime opening music (which isn't in itself a bad thing, but it exactly the vibe I get). That said, this is still decently enjoyable (and thank god they use real violins/cello)

SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki - oⅠ
I really enjoy itsue, so this was certainly a nice surprise. Not sure if I like the chorus though or certain other parts of the song, which is certainly disappointing because I felt like it started so strong.

Yun*chi - FUTURE FUTURE*
Perhaps a bit sugary for me, especially in the chorus - but I still liked it somehow. Perhaps I want to check out some of her other stuff.

カラスは真っ白 (karasu wa masshiro) - "ヒズムリアリズム (hizumu realism)"
I wasn't expecting the light female vocals when the singing came in, it caught me off guard. And frankly, I really enjoyed it. And dat funky bass line, yo.

西野カナ (Nishino Kana) - A型のうた
Waaaaay too poppy and sugary for me.

Thank god the list was much shorter this time ^_^

"chain smoking squeaky toy with a cold" im surprised i didn't come up with this brilliant roast myself (lol i love ryuutaro though)

Wow, eito sounds really good! Apparently I'm missing out!

I haven't been following too many bands so I'll say that Plastic Tree's 落花 is my favorite this month~

A few other vkei releases I listened to were alright, I preferred the B-side for 最終電車, and actually I enjoyed 君ノ”心臓”ニ恋シテル more for SCAPEGOAT, haha.  That catchy chorus grew on me~ =]

@fitear1590 — "CELINE" by möscow çlub: This reminds me of 80's synth-pop and new-wave music, closely related to Duran Duran and Tears For Fears, and anything else of the sort. Very enjoyable and impressive as this is a sound that is difficult to reproduce in more modern times. If their other releases sound like this, I might actually develop an interest for this.

Well, great, I'm glad I ended up posting about moscow club :D
I wasn't sure if anyone (except maybe ) would enjoy it. @Lestat, their new album (Outfit of the Day) is on Spotify, if you'd like to try it out.

aah that moscow club song is gorgeous. also the only album on there to have a pitchfork review.....

Whut? And it's a 7.0? Bitchfork is generally much harsher on the music I like, haha.

where the heck is lynch...

I tried the lynch single, but I enjoyed EVOKE better.

@beni - The plastic tree song sounds good, but I can't with Ryutaro's vocals. I don't get the appeal either. That Sawano song sounds ok, and I agree with how you felt about the rest of them overall. Yun*chi and Kana Noshino aren't for me.

@doombox - I think this has been the best DADAROMA song of this style, so far. I do prefer their other sounds, though. The Pentagon song isn't bad either, although i'm generally not fond of choruses with key changes for some reason. The Age Factory song is surprising and right up my alley, but something about the vocals rubs me the wrong way. The T.C.L and karasu songs are both legit too,

@fitear1590 - The kafka song is pleasant. though nothing really attention-grabbing for me.

The plastic tree song sounds good, but I can't with Ryutaro's vocals. I don't get the appeal either.

Me too, I never get into Ryutaro's vocals that much. I have tried some of their albums and nothing :(

@@fitear1590 I forgot to talk about KAFUKA xD I remember I told it being good, but now I only listen a bit, it's rare. But still a good release. Good to see it here.

@doombox - I think this has been the best DADAROMA song of this style, so far. I do prefer their other sounds, though. The Pentagon song isn't bad either, although i'm generally not fond of choruses with key changes for some reason. The Age Factory song is surprising and right up my alley, but something about the vocals rubs me the wrong way. The T.C.L and karasu songs are both legit too,

I also prefer DADAROMA's other sounds, namely when they get really heavy. xD And I hear you on the Age Factory song, but the part about the vocals that makes them hard to stomach is also why I like it. I guess the emotional value of him carrying on like that gets me. lol. 

I was glad to see you got that Scapegoat song in this month. The last 2 releases have been quality.

"chain smoking squeaky toy with a cold" im surprised i didn't come up with this brilliant roast myself (lol i love ryuutaro though)

I'm glad someone enjoyed that :)

@doombox - I can't call myself a Pentagon fan yet, but if they stick with this creepy carnival style (and stuff like on the Shounen Waltz), I might get into them.

@Lestat - I really enjoyed that Lin track. I've never paid much attention to the original Lin lineup, but I do have a soft spot for Sui's messy vocals and "epic" VK like this :)

@CAT5 - I am all about that Tempalay. After a few listens, I'm getting less beach-kei vibes (like mitsume), but more of a combo of psych-pop bands like Weird Dreams (especially the guitar work) and Flower-era Odotte Bakari no Kuni (even vocally, with the raspy, yet nasal delivery). In any case, I'm loving it! Need to check out the full EP!
EDIT:  I'm listening on soundcloud and he really does sound like vocalist Koji from the Flower-era and his Acid House solo project, which are the best :D

@beni - I'm glad I wasn't the only one to find the SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki album to be a snoozer, but this song stuck out to me the most. Still, I'd much rather listen to mizuki in Itsue!

this thread is my favorite time of the month honestly

i liked eito a whole lot. you could definitely pick up the LITE influences. past half the song you can notice it's a little rough around the edges indeed, kinda lacks a bit more of variety/substance. i still liked it lots though, i'll listen to their whole album when i have time.

tempalay i'm kinda figuring out still. i'm liking the whole rising of beach pop rock in so many acts lately but ehhh. something about the distorted vocals with the instrumentation together doesn't sit that well with me. maybe i'll like other tracks.

for a second i thought the THE KIDDIE comparison was a joke lmao it really reminds me of them. i was such a fan in like 2010/11... i really liked this KAFUKA track though. it's kinda nostalgic.

the karasu wa masshiro track feels... a little different? the vocals are a lot more toned down and harmonize a lot better with the instrumentation here. also the synth is sick. i'll probably be humming it for a while.

this thread always gives a lot of good recs! thanks a lot

Happy to hear you're enjoying it! It's one of my favorite times of the month too. Feel free to throw your own favorite songs of the month out here too. We're always curious to see what we might have missed. :D