yakihiko

Develop One's Faculties

Develop One's Faculties or DOF is a band that had his debut on October from 2014, all their members wasn't new on the music scene, most of members comes from bands like cocklobin and Chemical Pictures.

838a839383j815b83l815b83v838783938fw8d87

Members are:

Vocal & Guitar: yuya (@dof_yuya)

birthday: 05.08

(ex. Minerva, cocklobin)

yuya_83o83x83g83a83b83v02.jpg

Guitar: rui (@dof_rui)

birthday: 07.26

(ex. the Pumpkin Head, Chemical Pictures)

rui_83o83x83g83a83b83v.jpg

Bass: detto (@dof_detto)

birthday: 07.13

(ex. eve, 江戸川パラドクス)

detto_83o83x83g83a83b83v.jpg

Drums: Johannes (@dof_Johannes)

birthday: 06.08

(ex. CROW, ichigo69, mellow pinky, meth., cocklobin)

johannes_83o83x83g83a83b83v.jpg

Their Releases:

Albums:

reincarnation (1st press - sold out)

tumblr_nww764vlfL1rwpswso6_250.jpg

1.「 」

2.insert memory

3.フラスコを振ると天秤揺れた(album ver.)

4.hope(album ver.)

5.REAL=

6.ettad

7.ネガティブベイビー

8.瞬間的衝動の果てに失った瞬間

9.残念な唄

10.it is what it is.

11.for

reincarnation (2st press)

CSX_LNaUYAA1SqM.jpg

1.「 」

2.insert memory

3.フラスコを振ると天秤揺れた(album ver.)

4.hope(album ver.)

5.REAL=

6.ettad

7.ネガティブベイビー

8.瞬間的衝動の果てに失った瞬間

9.残念な唄

10.it is what it is.

11.for

+

DVD

1. papillon

2. 結果論

3. 残念な唄

4. it is what it is.

Singles:

フラスコを振ると天秤揺れた 【会場限定盤】

tumblr_nww764vlfL1rwpswso4_250.jpg

1.フラスコを振ると天秤揺れた

2.ピエロ

フラスコを振ると天秤揺れた 【通信販売限定盤】

tumblr_nww764vlfL1rwpswso3_250.jpg

1.フラスコを振ると天秤揺れた

2.結果論

混沌とした世界の中で足掻き続ける生命とは

tumblr_nww764vlfL1rwpswso5_250.jpg

1.混沌とした世界の中で足掻き続ける生命とは

hope 【通常盤】

tumblr_nww764vlfL1rwpswso2_250.jpg

1.hope

2.papillon

3.隣町の人

hope 【通信販売限定盤】

tumblr_nww764vlfL1rwpswso1_250.jpg

1.hope

2.キャリー

3.anata to kimi.

What are your thoughts about this band?

How much are you excited for the new album?

Love this fucking band, they sound so unique and Johannes is....awesome xD

Pretty sure the DVD for second press is live footage, though it says 'subject to change' but I hope it is haha.

SUPA EXCITED! SO MUCH SO I BOUGHT BOTH PRESSES!

Love this fucking band, they sound so unique and Johannes is....awesome xD

Pretty sure the DVD for second press is live footage, though it says 'subject to change' but I hope it is haha.

SUPA EXCITED! SO MUCH SO I BOUGHT BOTH PRESSES!

Yes, they sound different from the visual kei bands that acts those days. Maybe it's this which catch me to this band.

Also, I will change the DVD content when I got some news about it, and thank you for this remind.

So nice to hear you are addicted to this band too :)

I've been following them for some months now, and I'm totally in love with them. Their sound is unique and fresh (and that's what VK scene really needed) and their look is awesome (Johannes is the most awesome that's for sure :D ).

I'm lucky because I've seen them live this month, and I never had that much fun in a VK live ! They're all smiles and laugh, and it's really awesome.

About the second press, I'm not sure but I think that Yuya talked about an interview or something like that at their last live.

I knew their vocalist/guitarist sounded a bit familiar. haha.

They sound like a great combination from the teaser's I've heard. Lets hope their album does well.

So folks, what is you thought about the full album?

I like the full album, some more others less. But a point I have to say, that I really appreciate the intro they did for Hope (Album's version). My favs, besides the singles tracks, are insert memory and zannen na uta

Also, this gem from our queen, kyoselflove, is flawless :) thx

yuya is fuckin insane.

Their lyrics always have been a problem, as they are often missing sections, listing shit that is not being sung, are written in a really odd way, etc

For example, here's the lyrics for 'after':

僕に似合う音をください

僕に似合う愛をください

僕に似合う色をください

今となっては不格好なこの街に

もう少しだけ住ませてください

今となっては不格好なこの街に

もう少しだけ居させてください

素晴らしい世界をもう一度

あの時の街並みをもう一度

Which would be completely fine, if not for the fact that he doesn't sing any of that in any moment, at all. The actual lyrics are completely different for some reason.

but the dude is now simply creating words off his ass. Here's the last verse of 'My World':

I vuena deng ora sea we na saty r

I vuena deng sim wo en dai

I vuena deng ora sea we na saty r

one ea sa wes ten yea…

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Anyone smarter than me actually understood that? Googled it, even sections, and nothing...

On 13/03/2018 at 9:54 PM, chemicalpictures said:

yuya is fuckin insane.

Their lyrics always have been a problem, as they are often missing sections, listing shit that is not being sung, are written in a really odd way, etc

This has always frustrated me a little. I don't know if Yuya is mad or a genius! I tried to work out the lyrics for 'this is "芸術" ' which are alot like those in "my world", google translate picked some up but each part I tried was a different language... I might have to go back to it some time and see if I can come up with anything >.<

I just adore this band though and the mysterious lyrics only pulls me in more lol

On 06/04/2018 at 10:51 AM, BlueBambi said:

This has always frustrated me a little. I don't know if Yuya is mad or a genius! I tried to work out the lyrics for 'this is "芸術" ' which are alot like those in "my world", google translate picked some up but each part I tried was a different language... I might have to go back to it some time and see if I can come up with anything >.<

I just adore this band though and the mysterious lyrics only pulls me in more lol

Yeah, lol

I actually think that it does not mean anything. By the looks, should be latin-based, and gramatically it doesn't mean anything. phonetically, it's possible. There is a chance that he wanted it to mean something phonetically, but I was able to identify/assume very little to actually form an coherent idea. And more importantly, I think the name of the song is the biggest clue. I believe it's kinda of an ironic/playful way to say: "This is our art, maybe it doesn't make any sense, maybe you were not able to understand it, maybe we are on another level, another world, but this is DOF" or something like that