CAT5

MH FEATURED POLL #35: How do you feel about autotune in music?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #34  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about autotune in music?

• End result is the most important. If it helps the artist achieve their goal then that's what's most important!
    • General use is good as it doesn't detract from the music. (Smoothing rough edges out is good. Exaggerated pitch-shifting is not okay.)
    • I don't care either way.
    • It's fine when limited to sections that can really use it. Should not be used as a crutch. Overall not fond of it.
    • It's cheating! Artists shouldn't rely on machinery to achieve their sound.

in general i'm not too fond of it because i feel like it... dejoints? the flow of the melody and erases the raw bits of the voice, which makes it a lot less enjoyable for me.

i.e. the last shiina single, the one with the murder coca cola PV. i think it'd would have been waaay better without so much autotune.

i do believe it can has it uses, and as long as it matches the song/genre it can be a good resource.

Generally, I don't like it, there's only few exceptions

For me often ruins the song,so I appreciate it only if it's part of song's atmosphere ...and that's rare for me, honestly I often listen to live versions in a lot of cases cause I can fully enjoy the vocalist's voice so I will sustain the "burn it" option.