plastic_rainbow

plastic_rainbow's scribbles and illustrations

wooow, it's been a while since i updated my art thread! earlier this week i did a presentation on my game idea and received some recognition so i'll be working on some cool stuff soon~ the current title for the game is "Her Name Is Dalila", which will be a classic survival horror game with a psychological story. here's what i've got so far.

some concept art i did way back in june. this was where it all started.

her_name_is_dalila_by_shiiso_tikku-dce29

i took the concept art and made a platform game out of it in construct 2 for a class. this was a span of 5 weeks and i only got to design one level because doing all the artwork by hand took a while. the only thing i didn't draw were the bats and collectible gems.

GV3H3iu.png

ufdJ6pJ.gif

i'll be starting some floor and map designs so that i can start putting the game into a game engine soon. watch for updates!

also, if you're interested in trying out the platform game i made just message me and i'll send you the html file. ^^

9 hours ago, platy said:

I'd be interested in trying this! It reminds me of those super atmospheric browser games I'd come across years and years ago. It's looking great :) 

thanks!! ^^

6 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Amazing concept artwork! It looks so hauntingly creepy, but cool. Just out of curiosity, where did the inspiration come from? 

I second platy on trying it out. It looks neat!

thank you! my inspiration comes from various gothic euro horror films, most notably Suspiria and Inferno by Dario Argento. i just love the hauntingly beautiful atmosphere in them and i want to create a similar effect in my game. ^^

i'll send you two the html file in a bit~

On 11/19/2018 at 9:04 AM, PIZAZ said:

Love the concept artwork! Really cool inspiration too, Suspiria is such a mood. I haven't seen the remake yet tho

thanks!! i haven't seen the remake yet either. it looks really different from the original but reviews have been positive so i don't think it'll disappoint~

i made an artstation!

here's some new stuff~ although, if you follow my instagram you've probably already seen these lol

Spoiler

drop-feeling-manyhex.jpg?1543906423

Many Heads

drop-feeling-1.jpg?1543907233

The Chained

drop-feeling-dalila00.jpg?1547364879

Antagonist concept

drop-feeling-dalila01.jpg?1547364881

vyomiya.jpg

Key designs

YHW9G2Q.jpg

i'm also working on modeling a ritual room for a class! this is merely a layout.

Spoiler

OlbtX66.jpg

2kz32DY.jpg

AI783Lx.jpg

Edited by plastic_rainbow

IM SO GLAD IM ABLE TO PUT A FACE TO YOUR ART??? I've seen the Takashi x Tomo piece floating around and I've always wondered who that was. God I love your art so much. I sent a follow on Deviantart!! Also I'd be interested in the link to the game too. It looks really cool.

On 3/21/2019 at 6:16 PM, Befafes said:

IM SO GLAD IM ABLE TO PUT A FACE TO YOUR ART??? I've seen the Takashi x Tomo piece floating around and I've always wondered who that was. God I love your art so much. I sent a follow on Deviantart!! Also I'd be interested in the link to the game too. It looks really cool.

ahhh that makes me so happy to hear, thank you for you kind words!! x)

i'll send you a link to the game in a bit~

I don't update here anymore lol, but I recently drew a fanart of Lime from Kizu and thought people here might be interested. ^^

Done in watercolor on mixed media paper.

de2g15b-e247cb58-d8f4-4bdc-b568-3ad1f5e3

I'm also taking commissions in this kind of style if anyone's interested......Check here for more info.