Sign in to follow this  
madygrain

Monochrome Heaven's Game of The Year Nominations post

Welcome to the MH's GOTY Nominations thread! I thought it would be fun to have a GOTY thread, since this year has been pretty exciting for games.

WHAT'S THIS THREAD ABOUT?

It's about nominating the videogames we consider Game of the Year material. One post per person. Up to 7 games per post.

IS THERE ANY KIND OF DEADLINE FOR MY NOMINATIONS?

Yes. You can vote until January 8. Then I will count all votes and post a GOTY voting thread with the 10 most voted games in this tread as nomenees.

WHAT KIND OF GAMES I CAN VOTE FOR IN THIS THREAD?

Any game that was released for the first time in 2015 in any region. No remasters without new content or late ports are valid. Examples: 

Dragon Quest VIII 3DS → Valid as is a new version with new stuff.

Minecraft WiiU → Just a port of an old game. I would not count this.

Darksiders II Deathfinitive edition → Just a port of an old game. I would not count this.

Bloodborne → Valid.

Episodical games can only be voted in substantial chunks. You can vote for full seasons or full games (Life is Strange for example I would consider valid) but not just one or two episodes of a game (King's Quest for example would have to have a ver good argument behind the nomination since it hardly has released 2 episodes).

DOES THE ORDER IN WICH I LIST THE GAMES MATTER?

No. This is not a top, just a recollection for a nominee list. Each game earns one point at a time.

I've tried to set this up in the most easy and funtional way. If there is any hole or question you have, let me know! Now let's get with the nominations.

My nominations are :

The Withcer's 3 : Wild Hunt

Fallout 4

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Batman : Arkham Knight

Rainbow Six : Siege

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I haven't been able to play any new releases in the last couple of months, so I can't say anything about games that have come out in that period like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fallout 4, or FAST Racing Neo, but I still can't imagine any of them coming close to The Witcher 3.

Bloodborne

Final Fantasy Type-0

Witcher 3

MGS5 Phantom Pain

Disgaea 5

Fallout 4 (with mods)

Honestly though only bloodbourne or Witcher deserves GOTY. Type-0 is technically a remaster but was the first time released here this year, MGS5 is incomplete so no matter how fun it is just not cutting it, Disgaea is too niche too win, and Fallout 4 has tons of problems and nowhere near as impressive as the aforementioned games plus it's only been out for barely a month and doesn't deserve to be on the list unless you include the modding community in the consideration. Xenoblade Chronicles X would probably be a very good contender but it's been out for 4 days so I'm not gonna even attempt to put it on the list.

My personal GOTY is Bloodborne tho with Witcher 3 being a really really close second with the only thing dividing them is amount of time invested.

I didn't play a lot of games that actually released this year. I'm trying to "save" money, so I've been waiting for price drops. Especially now that most new AAA games in Canada cost $80...or $90 with tax. (they were $60+tax just 1-2 years ago)

So.. I just went through my game list and there is ONLY ONE 2015 game I played that I would put on a GOTY list.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Yeah, yeah, the series gets a lot of hate. I haven't even finished the main story, but really who cares about the story. I love traversing the city with the new zipline & horse carriages. Ruthlessly stabbing every police officer and rival gang member to death is just stupid fun. Big points for including a tough, strong female protagonist (whose default weapon is a badass cane sword). Throwing knives at enemies' heads and 1-shot killing them is also deeply satisfying. Best murder simulator I've played in a long time.

Almost every other 2015 game I played was a very small indie game. They were fun and cute enough but not really GOTY material. I've got a number of bigger 2015 games in my backlog or "will buy when cheaper" list.

I just finished ..........

Life Is Strange

Really deeply moving story. Gave me a lot to think about. Actually made me cry... TWICE. 
I hate things that make me cry.

Still giving it a GOTY nomination.

I JUST GOT TO THIS, PHEW.

I only have two nominations. Might edit this before tomorrow to add more.

Until Dawn and Final Fantasy Type-0.

I'd like to say P.T (Silent Hills), but that was just a demo and cancelled. ;;

I'd like to say P.T (Silent Hills), but that was just a demo and cancelled. ;;

I played the Demo over an acquaintances house and it was pretty cool. Shame it was cancelled.

Candidate proposals are now closed. I'm unsure if I will carry on with the stated plans since participation has been somewhat low and most entries are tied with 1 vote.

Sign in to follow this