Trombe

TK from 凛として時雨(ling tosite sigure) new mini album "Secret Sensation" release

I really want to be excited for this but after Fantastic Magic and es or s I've lost a lot of faith in him as a musician. I'll definitely keep an eye on it though and hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

I really want to be excited for this but after Fantastic Magic and es or s I've lost a lot of faith in him as a musician. I'll definitely keep an eye on it though and hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

I'm apprehensive about it too...especially after hearing the generic ballad he composed for Ando Yuko. Even though mature, mid-tempo/ballady Jpop is kind of her thing, she's also no stranger to more adventurous compositions. I can't help but think of this track as a lost opportunity:

http://www.ando-yuko.com/news/special.php (scroll down to sample the track)

At any rate, I think it's best to approach this mini with minimal expectations...

His debut solo single left such an impression the rest's just been boring and bland in comparison. Definitely going to check this when it comes out but I'm not hoping on getting much.

While Ling's been rough as of recently, TK's last solo album was actually pretty great imo. I think he found a good balance between his Ling style and and newer, more approachable sound with it, so I hope he keeps on developing it (although it does make me apprehensive he might just churn out some full-on pop numbers, but whatever).

[CD track list]
01.Secret Sensation
02.subliminal
03.ear+f
04.like there is tomorrow
05.white silence(Billboard Live OSAKA 2015.07.20)

[limited edition DVD track list]
01.Secret Sensation (PV)
02.like there is tomorrow (PV)

CYqmQ5ZUEAAYua4.jpg

While Ling's been rough as of recently, TK's last solo album was actually pretty great imo. I think he found a good balance between his Ling style and and newer, more approachable sound with it, so I hope he keeps on developing it (although it does make me apprehensive he might just churn out some full-on pop numbers, but whatever).

I have to disagree. Personally I found Fantastic Magic almost as disappointing as es or s, especially after flowering. There were some decent tracks here and there but overall it felt very lazily put together; almost as if the majority of the tracks were rushed or just churned out to fill a tracklist quota. Just my opinion though. That said, however, the few songs I have enjoyed from his post-2012 material have all come from his solo project (Acoustic Installation, Crazy Tampern, Skinkiro), so hopefully there will be one or two good tracks here too.

Anyway, here's his new promo image.

Hallowed be thee ghosts of lethargic songsmithing! ("MUH MONEEZ")

It doesn't take a sharp earsight to distinguish all the frank similarities between this and other TK tie-ins.

Not to mention the generic-o-ganza of chording being so emphasized so much that Japanese music fanatics akin to Marty Friedman could cringe and weep over all the vain praise they had over Japanese music being "jazzy" (not as in the genre - as in its adaptability and unexpected curveballs).

Ps. when will TK let Pierre and 345 take the wheel in songwriting for once?

Yeah, not feeling this at all. It's weird how his songwriting has degenerated into something so... lazy. Hard to think that this is the same guy that wrote songs like シャンディ, mib126, film A moment, etc.

What I want to know is this "Secret Sensation" like a random orgasm you are tried to hide? Or is it more like a kidney stone or something?

What I want to know is this "Secret Sensation" like a random orgasm you are tried to hide? Or is it more like a kidney stone or something?

If we're judging by the quality of the music, it seems more like the latter ;)

Yeah, not feeling this at all. It's weird how his songwriting has degenerated into something so... lazy. Hard to think that this is the same guy that wrote songs like シャンディ, mib126, film A moment, etc.

I totally blame anime tie-ins for this :^)

I don't mind the pop direction and the EDM elements at all - in fact, I actually like them, otherwise his stuff would just be Ling 2.0, but I feel like this song lacks something. The violins are a nice touch, but there's not much depth I guess. I still look forward to his solo output.

Hmm, that was more enjoyable than the title track and the es or s stuff. Hopefully the rest of the song isn't just a repeat/minor variation of the first half.