SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Got my brother's old PC for Xmas, brought it up here a few months ago and finally got it up and going now recently. Good thing about this is that whenever he need to change his parts to build a better PC, I get the old ones which is still a lot better than what I currently have. Good times! Also got a couple of Xbox 360 gamepads in the mail the other day, so gaming is finally on.

Currently playing Trine 2: Complete Story with my girlfriend. The gameplay is great, the soundtrack is beautiful, it's visually stunning and the overall atmosphere of the game is really nice. My biggest complaint is that it's a bit too easy, and certain elements are often highlighted with brighter, blinking colors, which tells you straight away that you're supossed to do something with this certan thing. Which is something I really dislike in games. Let me think, struggle and try out things of my own and use time to make it. The feeling of struggle is something almost completely lost in most modern gaming. It's such a shame, because that feeling is somehing that often took games from amazing to brilliant in my younger days.

The feeling you get when you've struggled for hours and hurs and hours, or weeks or months, and then suddenly realize what you should do is something amazing.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

i'm more than half through it and loved everything so far. unique dungeons, interesting bosses and lots of cool items you need to use in order to move on. really good!

Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta dropped today so playing a lot of that right now and Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out tomorrow here in NA so I'll be playing that soon

Been spamming One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 mostly.
Bit of Resonance of Fate too (had sold it off since it annoyed me so much but I missed it so I picked it up again aha), when I'm in the mood. Hella challenging so it makes you throw your controller down and leave it to gather dust for a good few weeks/months, lol.

Recently I've been playing so much Cities: Skylines it's insane. I've modded my game to the max, and I'm at a point where I would need to ugrade my GPU, RAM and processor to run the game smoothly. It doesn't matter though, the game is so magnificent it doesn't stop me from playing it. I've tried unsubscribing some assets and I did manage to get the simulation running a bit faster by deleting some memory hoarder assets, but then I just replaced them with a hundred more efficient assets.

Currently I'm subscribed to 973 Workshop assets.

Hi, I'm paradoxal and I'm addicted to Steam Workshop.

Edited by paradoxal

Since I came to Korea I've pretty much just been overdosing on Civilization V as it's one of the few games my laptop can run. I really miss having a proper gaming PC, especially now that Witcher 3's expansions are coming out.

I also started Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker but haven't really gotten into it very much, which is strange considering how much I enjoyed the first.

I've started playing Bloodborne again, this time I'm doing a skill/arcane build using Burial Blade as my main weapon and blades of mercy as my secondary. Fun times and I'm gonna start the DLC soon, I've heard that it's really good :)

Still waiting for my Xenoblade Chronicles X in the mail, should get here this week along with the collectors edition guide. I sorta wish I would have gotten better shipping, but I'm cheap xD

No one's gonna read this but I'm bored at work and feel like writing out my feelings on the games I'm playing.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4)

Surprisingly fun game, especially since I wasn't too impressed with last year's offering (Unity). As usual, I've spent a lot of time on side stuff instead of the main storyline. Currently in Sequence 7, but I'm already at max level. I love having a strong female protagonist to play as.. though the character development is lacking, so far. The ziplines and horse carriages offer the best traversal ever in this series, and the special combat finisher animations are ridiculously brutal, just the way I like it. 

Diabolik Lovers: Dark Fate (PS Vita)

I was really into the first Diabolik Lovers, but not so much into the sequel More Blood, because they added too many romance-able characters (4 more for 10 in total) and I didn't like the dumb "Adam" storyline. Unfortunately, Dark Fate basically continues that storyline, while adding TWO MORE characters. Another issue I have is that, for the 10 returning characters, the heroine starts the game already in a relationship with them, so it's kind of... boring? She also kind of pisses me off because she's such a damsel in distress. And she overcomes her problems with the power of kindness and forgiveness. Ugh. This will be the last Diabolik Lovers game I buy.

Most favourite dudes: Shuu, Subaru

Least favourite dudes: Kanato, Azusa - I will straight up skip these guys' scenarios, they make my skin crawl in a bad way.

Dragon's Crown (PS Vita)

I don't really get the hype behind this game. Maybe it's more fun if you're playing it co-op, but I don't like doing that. The character design is mostly atrocious. I'm sure you've all seen the Sorceress and Amazon by now. I'm stuck playing as an Archer because she was the female option with the least offensive design. But aiming her arrows is terrible, it's hard to tell what "lane" I'm in, and I end up missing half the time. Maybe I just suck at it. Anyway, between having to repeat the same dungeons over and over, and sorting through tons of loot that is 90% trash, and the horrible AI for your party members... and the disgusting artwork of the half-naked mermaid & fairy that greet you every time you go through those dungeons..  I think I might give up on this game.

Grow Home (PS4)

I haven't put much time into this game, because it literally makes me nauseous. I don't know why. It's not even first person. Maybe it's the heights? Also I have a lot of trouble controlling the vines while growing them. Might be another one for the "abandon" pile. It's a shame because, aside from those problems, I like what it's doing.

Bastion (PS4)

Another game that is seriously hyped. It seems ok so far (probably 3-4 hours in), but I'm not in love with it. I put it on hold for Assassin's Creed, and I'm not sure if I'll go back to it.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS4)

I haven't played this much at all. Never played any Guilty Gear before, but picked this up for $15 on PSN. I'm not a competitive fighting game player, I just like screwing around against AI sometimes. Played through some tutorial stuff and it looks nice so far. (I mostly bought it because I love how much I-no resembles/copies Shiina Ringo)

Gems of War (PS4)

I've been playing this on my iPhone for a long time. It has ZERO business being on PS4, but I'm playing it there for trophies. It's a F2P match-3 game from the makers of Puzzle Quest. It's a good, almost-brainless time-waster.

--

Up next: Probably will start on Life is Strange, The Witcher 3, and Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki (aka Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, but I imported the Japanese version because the English one will only have the English dub, and I can no longer stand English dubs)

So 12 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles X and I'm starting to get bored of it. Maybe it's not the game I expected to be but I realized that open world type of games aren't my thing. After hours of exploring this huge ass world, it's starting make me doze off. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautifully designed world but the gameplay gets old real fast, and I haven't even got to the mechs yet!

I played a little bit of Ghost in the Shell - First Assault Online. It's your typical online FPS with GitS skin applied but because it's early access, it's lacking some gameplay mechanics like climbing over the ledge.

So 12 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles X and I'm starting to get bored of it. Maybe it's not the game I expected to be but I realized that open world type of games aren't my thing. After hours of exploring this huge ass world, it's starting make me doze off. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautifully designed world but the gameplay gets old real fast, and I haven't even got to the mechs yet!

I played a little bit of Ghost in the Shell - First Assault Online. It's your typical online FPS with GitS skin applied but because it's early access, it's lacking some gameplay mechanics like climbing over the ledge.

Xenoblade is a lot funner when you play it with other people or friends imo. I can see how it would get boring for some people who aren't into open world online Jrpgs like this though xD

I've been playing a SHIT ton of Bloodborne and just recently started The Old Hunters DLC. Loving the DLC so much, it's awesome. also been playing Xenoblade Chronicles X as well but not as much as I should be... lol

Been having fun with Ace Attorney, the first game, that I got for Christmas. Bit sad that it's got only five cases, I'm flying through it. Got a bunch of Xbox 360 games too, which is new to me, I've been strictly a PlayStation player forever, but seeing Xbox exclusive games made me give in finally. Just added even more RPG related games to my shopping basket for the original Xbox, urg, halp...

After getting that PS4 I can finally put my Type-0 release and FFXV demo to use. Already finished the latter, making my way through Type-0 as we speak.

Bloodborne!!! the game that just keeps on giving, like holy shit it's so good xD Seriously can't wait to see what Miyazaki is gonna bring to us with Dark Souls 3 :)

Code: Realize for psvita. I finished Saint-G and Helsing's routes so far and I gotta say.........my heart hurts lmao. I didn't even get the bad ends yet.