SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

It's called my life and It consists of me making a choice that will determine everything

The Ace Attorney trilogy's on sale for Switch right now so I thought why not. Never did get the chance to play it as a kid so I was pretty excited to get it!

I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links on Steam for the past few days. I'm pretty bad at it though, since I mainly pick cards that I think look cool or have funny names/descriptions instead of the most powerful ones. 😓

I really enjoy the fact that they let you make a bunch of different decks for each character though. The auto-fill and related card features are really handy. It's a lot easier to navigate through all the cards than on some of the older YGO games I used to play on GBC, GBA, etc.

I've only unlocked up to Yusei so far, but I'm super excited to get to Mako Tsunami, since he was always my favourite and I always lean towards water/ice when I have to pick a monster element. I always used to play with a mainly water deck in the older games.

On 6/19/2020 at 8:21 PM, violetchain said:

I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links on Steam for the past few days. I'm pretty bad at it though, since I mainly pick cards that I think look cool or have funny names/descriptions instead of the most powerful ones. 😓

I really enjoy the fact that they let you make a bunch of different decks for each character though. The auto-fill and related card features are really handy. It's a lot easier to navigate through all the cards than on some of the older YGO games I used to play on GBC, GBA, etc.

I've only unlocked up to Yusei so far, but I'm super excited to get to Mako Tsunami, since he was always my favourite and I always lean towards water/ice when I have to pick a monster element. I always used to play with a mainly water deck in the older games.

I can't remember which sets they're in but when I played I used a shiranui deck, focuses on the graveyard and extra summoning a lot with a lot of extra effects, very good for overwhelming opponents.

Because it's the steam sale I've been buying a lot of Sonic games (really loving all stars racing) as well as Jet Set Radio

boring games out of the way that havent changed for awhile now is League of Legends and Valorant. anyone who's a league player should have an idea of how miserable that game is, Valorant on the other hand is cool but at the end of the day its cs:go clone for shitters. now for the more exciting games.

Dishonored 2 & Dishonored: Death of the Outsider: I played the every living fuck out of the first game and loved every second of it, easily a top 3 contender for favorite game of all time. with that being said i played Dishonored 2 awhile ago and it just didnt grip me. Recent i gave it another playthrough, this time playing as Corvo (the character you play as in the first game, in Dishonored 2 you have the choice of playing between Corvo or his daughter Emily). and went wit a stealth/low chaos (low chaos meaning you kill very few people, it impacts the ending of the game) and found it very rewarding and fun this time around. the game is fucking solid and probably objectively is a superior game to the first one. Now a game i have yet to play from the franchise is the only other one there is, Death of the Outsider. Now as far as i understand it, originally it was supposed to be a DLC/Expansion to Dishonored 2 but i dont know, something happened and they turned it into its own standalone game, although its a much smaller/shorter game, which is reflected in the price (half the cost of the mainline games). For anyone whos aware of the Dishonored universe, theyre aware of who the Outsider is and how impactful he is to the story so it is a bit strange the title of the game spoils a big part of it, but it actually didnt ruin the experience for me at all. if anything this game felt very solid from a narrative pov moreso than the other games, although was far weaker when it came to gameplay/powers you had. Before I keep going on and on and on if youve never played any of the Dishonored game you owe yourself to play at least the first one and see how you like it. 

Other games ive played but not completed: 

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated: I guess this is some remaster/remake of some old ass spongebob game that had a niche but very passionate fanbase? its relaxing and fun enough but i havent gotten far enough and so far it just feels like youre going around and collecting, well collectibles lol.

ULTRAKILL: I dont even know how to explain this game. New Blood is the company tha publishes/develops this game and their entire schtick is making games that are basically spiritual successors to classic games, primaril first person shooters. basically anything from quake, doom, mad max, and so on. So far ULTRAKILL only has a demo out but its still worth checking out and honestly all their games is. me explaining it is doing them a disservice so instead heres a trailer they made with all their games basically lol

Games i barely played but maybe will get one day around to:
Blasphemous: Metroidvania but with a fucking gnarly hardcore aesthetic, the buzzword to throw around is basically dark souls  but i dont know how else to describe it 
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+:  i love the style and how it plays but man with how rng it is some runs can just be really unfun so i cant play it for long

Finally managed to finish RE2 Remake earlier this year. It was a blast to play through. Hardcore mode was tough with a limited inventory space and ammo. Now, I really want to play the original one to see how it compares :P

RE3 Remake was enjoyable, but I think there was potential for the game to be even better than what was released. That being said, I love the graphics and the new character designs in this one!

Picked up Spiderman (Insomniac). This game made me fall in love with traversing across the "world" within the videogame. Being able to websling around the city was cathartic and highly exciting. The voice acting felt solid, and the graphics look great.

Currently playing through RE4. While it's more action-oriented, it's absolutely super crazy, but insanely fun, and I love every moment of it. I wonder if the rumors of a remake for this game are true. Not sure how I'd feel about if it was for real.

I've been playing the Spyro Reignited Trilogy lately. I have no intention of reaching 100% in any of them (lol). I am absolutely horrible at those speedway/raceway levels, and I am not here for some of the bullshit that comes my way later on in later games.

I beat the final boss in Spyro 1 after enough tries, have attempted the final boss in Ripto's Rage a few times and don't really give a fuck (I still have PTSD from Gulp), and have unlocked the final boss in Year Of The Dragon, but I'm not sure if I'm even gonna try. With the first two games, I managed to get every dragon/orb and jewel in the main (non-raceway) levels, but not as determined to do so with YOTD because some of these levels and challenges are absolute bullshit.

50% of time spent playing any Spyro game is just sitting through loading screens

Until a few months ago, I was playing Donkey Kong 64 with Openemu, but have kinda given up on that. I finished Crystal Caves, totally stopped trying to get every golden banana (even regular ones). I just got tired of all the bullshit bonus levels, and the fact that they are an absolute waste of time, especially if you don't beat them the first try. The game just started to feel like a chore. I might give Creepy Castle a try eventually, but I know I won't even get close to the final boss, because you need two coins that are dependent on beating two old arcade games no thank you.

1 hour ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Finally managed to finish RE2 Remake earlier this year. It was a blast to play through. Hardcore mode was tough with a limited inventory space and ammo. Now, I really want to play the original one to see how it compares :P

RE3 Remake was enjoyable, but I think there was potential for the game to be even better than what was released. That being said, I love the graphics and the new character designs in this one!

Picked up Spiderman (Insomniac). This game made me fall in love with traversing across the "world" within the videogame. Being able to websling around the city was cathartic and highly exciting. The voice acting felt solid, and the graphics look great.

Currently playing through RE4. While it's more action-oriented, it's absolutely super crazy, but insanely fun, and I love every moment of it. I wonder if the rumors of a remake for this game are true. Not sure how I'd feel about if it was for real.

RE2 remains one of my top 3 PS1 games and my favorite in the series (although, I'm biased as this was my first RE game ever). I'm actually the opposite having not played the REmake yet. Curious to know your thoughts!

I feel like RE4 doesn't need a remake. At least, not yet. Mechanically, it practically defined how the next generation of survival horror games play (including REmake 2 & 3) so it'll probably play similarly to how it did in 2005. And unlike RE2 & 3, the game is readily available on any platform imaginable. If the rumors are true I hope they have more planned than just a visual overhaul.

3 hours ago, ghost said:

RE2 remains one of my top 3 PS1 games and my favorite in the series (although, I'm biased as this was my first RE game ever). I'm actually the opposite having not played the REmake yet. Curious to know your thoughts!

I feel like RE4 doesn't need a remake. At least, not yet. Mechanically, it practically defined how the next generation of survival horror games play (including REmake 2 & 3) so it'll probably play similarly to how it did in 2005. And unlike RE2 & 3, the game is readily available on any platform imaginable. If the rumors are true I hope they have more planned than just a visual overhaul.

Yeah! I'll definitely let you know ^^ I'm super hooked to the series now, so it's on the playlist for sure, lol. And I'd be super curious to know your thoughts on the REmake if/when you get a chance to play it!

Agreed! I also think it heavily influenced (or at least made popular) the over-the-shoulder view in action shooting games (implemented in games like the Remakes). But yeah, let's hope that remake doesn't come too soon if it's happening ^^;

I got Fire Emblem: Three Houses about a week or two ago and holy hell, I don't think I've ever been so engaged in a game's story in my life. I was slightly apprehensive about the combat system but I quickly got the hang of it and I'm so glad I stuck around. Dimitri is definitely my favourite character.

46 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I got Fire Emblem: Three Houses about a week or two ago and holy hell, I don't think I've ever been so engaged in a game's story in my life. I was slightly apprehensive about the combat system but I quickly got the hang of it and I'm so glad I stuck around. Dimitri is definitely my favourite character.

Ah, so you chose the Blue Lions first? :D I did that as well, haha XD I ended up liking all the characters in the group. I think Dimitri is a super interesting character. It’s hard to not like him, lol XP

Started playing Genshin Impact. It's not bad at all. Lot of improvements can be made with upcoming patches but so far I recommend it. I'd like to call it Breath of the Waifus.

Edited by Flame-X

Recently been on an otome game binge, replaying some older ones and newer ones that I missed over the years (Hakouki, Code Realize, Collar x Malice, Nightshade, etc.) ~ I forgot how beautiful the artwork can be in these games; it's always such a treat! Not to mention the voicework is always superb.

Overcooked 2 - I've been playing it with a friend, and the levels are super fun and challenge. Trying to get that four star ranking can be quite stressful at times :P

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - The days when there was only permadeath for all characters. I ended up restarting some of the maps several times when one of the characters died, lol. Chapter 17 was super grueling with its four stages ^^;

3 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Recently been on an otome game binge, replaying some older ones and newer ones that I missed over the years (Hakouki, Code Realize, Collar x Malice, Nightshade, etc.) ~ I forgot how beautiful the artwork can be in these games; it's always such a treat! Not to mention the voicework is always superb.

Nice! I've been playing Nightshade recently and it's really impressed me so far. I'm not too far into it but I really like Kuroyuki at the moment! Although, Goemon is also tempting lol. Also, I love your Collar X Malice pfp~ :D looks like CXM pfps are becoming a trend here! Might change mine soon haha

14 hours ago, Gesu said:

Nice! I've been playing Nightshade recently and it's really impressed me so far. I'm not too far into it but I really like Kuroyuki at the moment! Although, Goemon is also tempting lol. Also, I love your Collar X Malice pfp~ :D looks like CXM pfps are becoming a trend here! Might change mine soon haha

Ooh, cool! Yeah, the artwork is gorgeous and the story is really good~ I love how mischievous Kuroyuki can be and how hilarious (and handsome, lol) Goemon is. Whose route(s) have you played so far? ^^ I ended up really liking Gekkamaru, haha. I think I'm a sucker for those types of characters XD

Aw, thanks~ ❤️ Haha, it seems to be XP And I love yours, too! I was surprised by how much of a loveable dork Mineo turned out to be  :P  His route was super funny and light-hearted; gave me the fluffy feels all over, haha.

I've also been playing otome games!

gPxqwX3.jpg

I almost finished Code:realize future blessings and I've also started on Piofiore Fated Memories! Also next month awaiting for Café Enchante^^ 

11 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Ooh, cool! Yeah, the artwork is gorgeous and the story is really good~ I love how mischievous Kuroyuki can be and how hilarious (and handsome, lol) Goemon is. Whose route(s) have you played so far? ^^ I ended up really liking Gekkamaru, haha. I think I'm a sucker for those types of characters XD

Aw, thanks~ ❤️ Haha, it seems to be XP And I love yours, too! I was surprised by how much of a loveable dork Mineo turned out to be  :P  His route was super funny and light-hearted; gave me the fluffy feels all over, haha.

I haven't got onto a route yet as I don't yet have that much time on it. That'll change soon tho, don't worry haha X) I like all the characters so far and Gekkamaru does seem super sweet ^_^

Thanks! Mineo is just the cutest, isn't he? I was also very pleasantly surprised :D

I've just finished the good old Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Not for the first time, though, just to refresh the memories ;) There's a HD mod to be released on Steam very soon. If you already onw it on Steam it's for free. And I know it's going to be badass! Other than than I'm awaiting for Ghostrunner and CoD: Black Ops Cold War!

2 hours ago, Gesu said:

I haven't got onto a route yet as I don't yet have that much time on it. That'll change soon tho, don't worry haha X) I like all the characters so far and Gekkamaru does seem super sweet ^_^

Thanks! Mineo is just the cutest, isn't he? I was also very pleasantly surprised :D

Haha, no worries~ I'd love to hear your thoughts on it once you start digging into the routes!

Yes, he is~! I already thought he looked cool from his picture, but I had no idea how how much of a cute dork (and history buff) he'd be XP But all of the characters in the game are great. I have a hard time picking which one I like best, lol.