Sign in to follow this  
paradoxal

STEAM USERS: There is something seriously wrong with Steam

I just randomly decided to browse the store, when I noticed my page would one moment be in Russian, then in French. Checked my account information, and i was able to see someone else's account information, the last four digits of their credit card number and their recent purchases. So far I've probably seen the account information of ten different Steam users. 

Logged in to Reddit, and here's a thread about it: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3y7maa/something_is_really_wrong_with_steam_be_careful/

EDIT.

After reading the thread in Reddit, it seems to be wise to NOT:

1. change your information

2. log in to Steam

But DO check that there are no suspicious charges on your credit card. I have no idea what's going on, I just hope Valve will fix this soon.

EDIT2. This seems to explain it https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3y7r0b/do_not_login_to_any_steam_websites/

Edited by paradoxal

fuck, right when i see this i like just got off of steam. It wasn't tripping for me earlier though.

Looks like a bad cache setting to me and not someone intentionally hacking the service, which I guess is a silver lining. What worries me more is if anyone got a look at my personal information...

Looks like a bad cache setting to me and not someone intentionally hacking the service, which I guess is a silver lining. What worries me more is if anyone got a look at my personal information...

If you weren't using Steam during the cache problems, your info should be safe. Whereas I was continuously browsing Steam trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong with it, haha...

Sign in to follow this