Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

BatAAr new single and arrival of new Vo.ENDIGO(ex-Overworld)

Swedish visual rock band BatAAr revealed today the arrival of new Vo.ENDIGO (ex.Overworld) on their social media channels, with a welcoming video on YouTube.

A new remake single "REBIRTH" is released digitally on 2016.1.14 and a 2nd single "ALWAYS DIE YOUNG" is released in spring 2016.

Track list REBIRTH:

1. THE DISTANCE (REBIRTH Ver.)

2. RISKBREAKER (REBIRTH Ver.)

BatAAr lost their Ba.Jake and Vo.Seb months ago and with arrival of new Vo.ENDIGO the band continuing as four member band.

BatAAr released the 1st music video DVD "VICIOUS AURORA" on 2015.12.23 in Japan territory in cooperation with FWD Inc. (agency home for band such as DIR EN GREY, MERRY, BAROQUE)

Well, it's nice to see vk bands from around the world... Here in Brazil, we have 2 or 3 good groups, and plenty of not-so-great bands...

I really dig BatAAr but man....

I cannot lie when I say that i was hoping for another fresh face. With that said, i am glad that they snuck in that lil snippet of THE DISTANCE in the video. It does sound much cooler with his vocals. And while I'm not a big fan of ENDIGO, he's better off doing this than that sorry excuse of a solo career he's been gunning for. I actually did enjoy like 1-2 Overworld songs when they were active. 

So, i'm optimistic about this. Lets see how this turns out. 

Patrik is saying one thing and doing the exact opposite later (i.e. denouncing "pesky neo-vk ideals" and basically adopting them full-on years after) - why am I not surprised atm?

edit: just show up already, Patrik.

I was gonna keep quiet about this release....

But since it was posted here.

Instrumental wise, its alright. Their last mini as a whole is light years better than this.

Now to the vocals....

Oh the vocals....

I won't say that Endigo is a bad singer. He just doesn't fit well with BatAAr at all vocally and even in the looks department.There was a certain grit, before Seb and Jake left that i enjoyed musically and even some of the time visually. Throwing him in the mix is killing that for me. And a lot of that has to do with the fact that he has this overly boy-band-ish, cute thing going on. I couldn't even take him seriously in the video, despite the fact that it was supposed to be "serious." Shame that things with their old line up didn't work out.

Cuz to me, they were perfect, especially this song and PV. 

Patrik has always seemed like a cool guy and I respect anyone out there doing the damn thing full on, especially over a long time. Do your damn thing dude!

Saying that?

I don't like this song, and I don't care for this stuff in general. I've never liked any of western visual kei stuff. I don't get it. When I would see heavily VK influenced bands on Myspace/Mp3.com/Soundclick back in the day, it confused and annoyed me. What need is there for an imitation when we have access to the real thing? If I was at SXSW and someone told me there was a Japanese guy in a bar playing authentic delta blues... I would walk on by. Why the hell would I want to see that? I can see real delta blues players. Same goes for Western VK. Why?

Like, if you're going to take a VK influence and heavily mix it with other influences... there's certainly potential there. But going all in as a "We are a Visual Kei band from (not Japan)" kinda thing.... No way.

Chris Hart (クリス・ハート) an American singer who made it big in Japan (had an Oricon #3 recently), actually started out as a wannabe-visual rocker under the name Nikita Rose (his band Eden Cell were actually really good!). He did the visual look, the clothes, the BC rich guitars, the Gackt-esque mannerisms... it was silly. BUT once he dropped all of that bullshit and decided to just be himself (an American guy who loves Japan and Japanese music), he made it big time because he wasn't imitating anymore; he was doing his own thing.

That is where it's at, in my opinion. I'm not trying to talk down to or offend anyone, it's just a subject I'm really passionate about.

Patrik has always seemed like a cool guy and I respect anyone out there doing the damn thing full on, especially over a long time. Do your damn thing dude!

Saying that?

I don't like this song, and I don't care for this stuff in general. I've never liked any of western visual kei stuff. I don't get it. When I would see heavily VK influenced bands on Myspace/Mp3.com/Soundclick back in the day, it confused and annoyed me. What need is there for an imitation when we have access to the real thing? If I was at SXSW and someone told me there was a Japanese guy in a bar playing authentic delta blues... I would walk on by. Why the hell would I want to see that? I can see real delta blues players. Same goes for Western VK. Why?

Like, if you're going to take a VK influence and heavily mix it with other influences... there's certainly potential there. But going all in as a "We are a Visual Kei band from (not Japan)" kinda thing.... No way.

Chris Hart (クリス・ハート) an American singer who made it big in Japan (had an Oricon #3 recently), actually started out as a wannabe-visual rocker under the name Nikita Rose (his band Eden Cell were actually really good!). He did the visual look, the clothes, the BC rich guitars, the Gackt-esque mannerisms... it was silly. BUT once he dropped all of that bullshit and decided to just be himself (an American guy who loves Japan and Japanese music), he made it big time because he wasn't imitating anymore; he was doing his own thing.

That is where it's at, in my opinion. I'm not trying to talk down to or offend anyone, it's just a subject I'm really passionate about.

Nah, i totally see where you're coming from and how it can rub people the wrong way. To be quite honest, i could care less about the visuals for any band, even VK. From what I heard though, i guess EU is more open to these kinds of alternative styles so its not weird for a group of peeps to wanna dress up and add some pizzaz to their look. When done right, it's also an excellent marketing tool/ way to draw in more fans and recognition (Nocturnal Bloodlust is also a nice contrast to this) and in the case of Yohio and BatAAr, a way into the VK nitch. It has its benefits. 

I actually would like to believe that in the near future BatAAr is at a place where they no longer have 2 rely on the VK aspect and can just as you say, be "themselves." They have one hell of a catalog backing them as well as Patrik (say what y'all want about him), who is one hell of a composer. It can be done.  

On 31/3/2016 at 4:00 AM, The MAD Stallion said:

I was gonna keep quiet about this release....

But since it was posted here.

Instrumental wise, its alright. Their last mini as a whole is light years better than this.

Now to the vocals....

Oh the vocals....

I won't say that Endigo is a bad singer. He just doesn't fit well with BatAAr at all vocally and even in the looks department.There was a certain grit, before Seb and Jake left that i enjoyed musically and even some of the time visually. Throwing him in the mix is killing that for me. And a lot of that has to do with the fact that he has this overly boy-band-ish, cute thing going on. I couldn't even take him seriously in the video, despite the fact that it was supposed to be "serious." Shame that things with their old line up didn't work out.

Cuz to me, they were perfect, especially this song and PV. 

TOTALLY QUOTE! Riskbreaker was the only reason that got me to BatAAr's music and hearing that the voice is different from it makes me worry a lot :S

Ok, I confirm what I've told earlier in this thread... the vocal change brought this band to a minimum level... so disappointed :(

Sign in to follow this