gekiai

Last.fm and other music sites

I was surprised to see that there wasn't a topic specifically discussing anything like this unless the search option is failing me

Basically the aim of this topic is I'm curious where a lot of you listen to your music from online (since I know everyone has an iPod or mp3 player of some sort and YouTube is just...YouTube).

I'm also having trouble with my Last.fm since I cannot find a good scrobbler or source where I can listen to my obscure and unknown Jrock bands (since most rarely show up on Spotify, iTunes, Cloud, etc.). So feel free to suggest something about this!

So...yeah. What websites do you listen to your music from, and share your username or profile for/from that site if you so wish.

i dont like using spotify to stream music by asian artists(read:mostly kpop) because they use wrong tags. but for a long time i was using it because i was too lazy to download music. lolz nowadays i stick with itunes and use spotify to stream western music

my lastfm profile is in my sign

oh and here is the lastfm mourning thread http://www.monochrome-heaven.com/index.php/topic/33265-lostfm/

I just use itunes. Sometimes I listen to spotify on my phone.... i just don't scrobble to last.fm from it. I know you can do that from the pc version but idk. 

as for obscure and unknown bands..... unless you download/purchase it  yourself... i really don't know the answer.

also followed you on last.fm~

Edited by togz

When it comes down to strictly streaming, I use a combination of Apple Music JP on Itunes (get Danger Crue and BP stuff on midnight of release), Youtube (usu. if I'm feeling lazy), and Google Music (which houses my entire library on the go).

Last.fm has always been a fustercluck (refuse to scrobble Ipod Classic -> terrible site update/slow as all hell). I deleted my old account to change usernames to my current one, but now I don't use my new one (which is my name on here btw).
I created a couple band pages and and submitted a bunch of artwork which I found satisfaction in, but I miss the old site and how responsive, customizable...

Eh, If I'm going to express my sentiments I should probably do that on the "en memoriam" thread. 

I just use google music to upload my entire 500GB music collection to their cloud service and then stream it anywhere and everywhere I want, on my phone or in a browser on any computer. The only thing is if you have a huge music collection like me then uploading it all to the cloud will use a fuck ton of data so you might want to make sure your bandwidth can handle it or just go to a friends house or somewhere with free wifi (like McDonald's or Starbucks) lol.

best thing ever and I don't have to worry about space constrictions or tagging issues since I've already correctly tagged it all myself.

I just use itunes. Sometimes I listen to spotify on my phone.... i just don't scrobble to last.fm from it. I know you can do that from the pc version but idk. 

as for obscure and unknown bands..... unless you download/purchase it  yourself... i really don't know the answer.

also followed you on last.fm~

Okay, and thank you, I'll follow back! 

I just use google music to upload my entire 500GB music collection to their cloud service and then stream it anywhere and everywhere I want, on my phone or in a browser on any computer. The only thing is if you have a huge music collection like me then uploading it all to the cloud will use a fuck ton of data so you might want to make sure your bandwidth can handle it or just go to a friends house or somewhere with free wifi (like McDonald's or Starbucks) lol.

best thing ever and I don't have to worry about space constrictions or tagging issues since I've already correctly tagged it all myself.

This is a good idea....I think I might try this out. Thanks!

i dont like using spotify to stream music by asian artists(read:mostly kpop) because they use wrong tags. but for a long time i was using it because i was too lazy to download music. lolz nowadays i stick with itunes and use spotify to stream western music

my lastfm profile is in my sign

oh and here is the lastfm mourning thread http://www.monochrome-heaven.com/index.php/topic/33265-lostfm/

Well the title is why I couldn't find it, haha, thanks

I really don't use any kind of streaming sites anymore.  I'm more into physical copies in my not-so-old age.  But back when I used to stream, which was like eight years ago, I used mostly Youtube.  I still use Youtube when I want to buy something, but can't find a download of the album/single.

I don't use my Last.fm account for the past year, especially since it doesn't like syncing with my eight year old iPod nano lately.  For those who want to stalk me, here's my ancient account.