beni

Your favourite Visual Kei hairstyles?

We've got threads about certain looks, but how about certain hairstyles? I can't personally remember any outstanding ones, but I do have personal favourites, and from what I've seen, we have no thread dedicated to just hairdos. So, what are your favs? Are there any you think really stand out? Any that influence your look?

See under the spoiler for a few of my favs. Feel free to add your own and even your reasons why you're in favor of the hairdo(s).

An Cafe's Yuuki. Those curls are simply adorable.

2655220_orig.jpg

Lycaon's Yuuki. The lush, blood red long hair makes for an elegant and memorable appearance.

Lycaon-image-lycaon-36085981-200-300.jpg

Penicillin's Hakuei's braids. BRAIDS. That's all you need.

kYgWemEEdHdmNd1_1b36g_52.jpeg

L'arc en Ciel's Hyde's BRAIDS. [2]

41a9b1dadf53c1e8d019d04235761e14.jpg

lolita23q's BAN. A hairstyle I actually copy, save for the fringe. Having frizzy and curly hair can be emotional sometimes.

tumblr_mtfhz3EViv1sxp8tno1_400.jpg

Mejibray's Meto. Period. Nothing else needs to be said.

meto.jpg

Mentions (due to not being able to link photos for everyone):
pentagon's chizuru. The feminine up-do with the cute red ribbon is both elegant and adorable.
DISACODE's AKIRA. Reminiscent to scene bands/singers. The heavier pixie haircut with thinner and longer stands falling down is a hairstyle I would love to have.
Neverland's Ryota. The deep red hairstyle reminds me of the scene musicians I used to listen to before I got into VK.
Seredemy's YOHIO. Those blonde curls, cmon.

These is my fav <3

Kaya

kaya_567082.jpg

Ryo (Hollowgram/keel)

8767acb0a25d129472989914c7d7d185.jpg

Ryutaro (Plastic Tree)

b5239229ffa6d23f6e789c001e1c95aa.jpg

Temari (amber gris)

img_ae5a84e651ab06550aadae8480773aa19542

I love these hairstyle for many reasons, they are simple hairstyle but is very beautiful. I like the simple but sometimes new hairstyles can surprise me. I think that each "new look" of bands is very beautiful (almost always). The japanese style is always perfect and minimalist, I really loved this.

Same with delkmiroph, I love some of the simple ones like Ryutaro's. Even though his hairstyle is simple it feels almost characteristic and unique to him. I love it so much~

tumblr_m401dvgnkd1qjmmvpo1_500.png

this too

tumblr_m68qf02HGC1rsfd7qo1_500.png

I also love Emiru's watermelon hairstyle from Aicle.~ ^o^

tumblr_mqjeqjHAZ31sau89xo1_400.jpg

And Waka's pink and blonde hairstyle from Danger*Gang. The split of the two colors and the black streaks~

2260845723_dd6a4736a6.jpg

edit:

I forgot Sou's cute and puffy blonde hair too, from Lolita23q.

lolita23q-sou--large-msg-122917032985.jp

I'm amazed no one has mentioned Aki from Arlequin's fox-ear hair. I know some people are sick of it, but I think of it as a trademark.

Aki-arlequin-37598784-304-415.jpg

Other cool ones:

Spoiler

Setsuna (Metis Gretel)

img-2257991b88.jpg?v=0

(that orange and blue...never would have thought those colors would look good together.)

img20080214_t.jpg

Setsu (Xepher)

6bf74f568622d4c7f0d39e69bcd0c85a.jpg

Kasuri (Sweet Home)

11856677_643129752456210_295525762_n.jpg

Another one I thought of but couldn't find an individual picture of is Reito from super-indies May. (second from left.)

520293ba9fda4ddc851eb3d30c3ced3f.jpg

I actually only checked them out because I liked his hair so much. I'm glad I did. They're good.

Edited by Alkaloid

These are my favourite ones. These inspired by the Super Saiyajin look which seem to be among the most emblematic hairstyles in Visual Kei.

img104edit3.jpg

Second oldschool VK, Setsuna from Metis Gretel and Panic Channel. Those amazing, gravity defying and colorful hairstyles were one of the reasons why I fell in love with VK. I especially miss the big, spiky hair. Only a few selected bandomen still spend time and energy to do their hair like this:

Kamaitachi_Itachigokko.jpeg

I also like most of the styles the indies bands had in the 90s and early 00s. Eespecially the ultra weird and spiky ones.

tumblr_o17bfh9HNf1tmynsmo1_400.jpgjF-avLCVmCU.jpgtumblr_nehdanIU8J1qhzifho3_400.jpg

Always loved Naos cool Look with the white streaks as a contrast to his deep blue hair. Also big bonus points if your VK hairdo not only incorporates lost of backcombing, but also feathers en mass.

I can easily say what hairstyles I don't like: basically anything that looks ordinary or is worn by stereotypical ikemen and/or host boys. Sorry, but it looks not good to me.

Apart from some of the stuff already mentioned (classis 90s styles like La'Mule), I always found Yuuki's "Lady Liberty"-look quite... special. :D

pic1.jpg

I'm amazed no one has mentioned Aki from Arlequin's fox-ear hair. I know some people are sick of it, but I think of it as a trademark.

Ah, that is indeed a great one. Distinct and memorable!

Ah, that is indeed a great one. Distinct and memorable!

x3 on the look, very unique.

Aside from the 80's punk/vk look, I love seeing some simple, yet beautifully colored hair, with an accurate length that matches the rockers face and suits their personality.

Byou's blonde hair looks great right now.

35.jpg

Even though I love the early VK look, I prefer the more tamed variations of the look over the extreme versions.  I was never really a fan of the Medusa (that's what the hair style was called) that Sceana (Kamaitachi), Tatsuya (Color), hide (X Japan), and various other guys sported back then.

Indies-era Ladies Room

znFndJ4l.jpg?1

Pleasure of the Sluts era Justy-Nasty

NG2stU4l.jpg?1

Late 1990/Early 1991 era Kamaitachi (I really hate Kazzy's "blow-out" hair he did while in Kamaitachi.)

5wqa8hkl.jpg

Late 1996 era Genkaku Allergy

MW29d9ql.jpg

i really love koichi's hair (especially his high ponytail)... so much so that i decided to dye it the same colour as his lmao :x

tumblr_nmui9zFwBs1r66dpno1_400.jpg

That hairstyle of Shoya is pretty awesome.

EK7y04L.jpg

And I like that one from Gackt too, he look really handsome with it.

oqILyfT.jpg