jon_jonz

BORN is disbanding @ 2016/05/26

This feels too random to happen all of a sudden. They seem to be pretty successful with their last few releases, seems like a major lost to let that go to waste. Always hated it when decent long term bands disband like this. :/

I personally found most of their material to be mediocre, especially the more recent stuff. I see this disbandment as a positive thing. Ryoga is a good vocalist and I will be interested in seeing what he does next.

On second thought, sometimes these things end up working out for the best. Look what Genki and Koichi went onto after VanessA (despite mixed opinions) with MEJIBRAY. So I wonder where Ryoga will go and if any of the other members will go with him.

That's so fucking sad I feel like crying I wished they would take their time, take a pause, come up with another solution than disbanding cuz no..can't deal with this atm

Edit: thanks for translating this hiroki

Considering they've been playing music together for the last twelve years (RENNY AMY -> D&L -> BORN) I think they've known each other and their musical habits long enough. When it comes to expressing yourself sometimes there is no other solution. I think it's fair that they decide to part on good terms because they've gotten into a very "BORN"-y way of making music and perhaps they want to challenge themselves in new ways? Ray says he is retiring but look forward to the activities of future members more! When one band dies another is born in it's place.

I wonder what mio is going to do now.

(RENNY AMY -> D&L -> BORN)

man someone said it was army. ughh no wonder why i couldnt find anything under that name. skimmed em and i like born up to blasted animals more

Once again I feel the same way I felt when Lycaon announced their disbandment. I waited for them for so long to break up and now that they're going I don't feel happy that it's happening. BORN was one of those bands that have been around for forever and they felt like they would be around forever.

^pretty much my thoughts on this. I didn't really like their latest stuff (2013-now), but BORN is one of those bands I've been listening for forever and it's sad to see them go so suddenly :(

They're an alright band and the only release I really liked by them was Abnormal Head Machine.

It's still sad to see them go though, but as others said, hopefully the members will move on and create new promising bands.

i was semi expecting it because i forget born exist until they're mentioned but then again they've been going at it for so long its odd to see them disband

curious as to where ryoga will go from here

Depressing, they had finally reached a point again where I was excited for their new releases instead of being scared for them. I've listened to them since they started, they were one of the hottest "new" bands when I started getting deeper into the scen. at the same time, I want the best for them and I admire their determination.

It sounds to me like they still have band goals, hope they can all find a path in music that they are happy with and in which he we can still enjoy them!

I didn't even know they were still around... just shows you how much I pay attention to the scene xD Still that sucks and I feel bad for the fans, hope they all go on to lead successful projects after this!

They only had one song i liked and even then that song wasn't anything special. Whenever i took the time to peep what they've been doing, i always wished for my time back. Irrelevant band in my eyes and i just never got the appeal. Regardless, this does suck for people who were into em. Hopefully some of the members will go and make something great after this. 

RIP

They used be all popular and hyped in social media for a while and suddenly everything went silent after they released some weaker material. They will be missed. 

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, this is totally unexpected o__o. Sucks to see another one of the big guys bite the dust.