Trombe

X JAPAN will temporarily pause activities

20 hours ago, Komorebi said:

So... What does the flyer say?

I think it says they'll have some unspecified retweet campaign. One lucky(?) participant will win a cast of his hand, I guess.

As to why there's also a lollipop of crystallized piss in the shape of his hand, idk. I guess it'll be sold in the same stores as his curry chips etc

21 hours ago, Naaaaani said:

They could better use his dick to make a candy, not his palm. The modern X fans are enough gay for it if they can still follow Yoshiki and his shit.

Now there's a novel idea: I'd definitely buy a set of X JAPAN dildos. Maybe Versailles can jump on that, if X doesn't.

5 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Acid Black Cherry has already released condoms and dildos. Yoshiki, you are falling behind xD

And a vibrator! 😂

Edited by midi:nette

Maybe YOSHIKI is behind in the dildo departament, but X already had condoms way back in 1994/1995. And he's been fucking his fans (no lube) for the last 20 years or so. The man surely knows how to fist 'em.

Edited by r...

18 hours ago, saishuu said:

SUGIZO please get out of this

Unfortunately he was senpai-ed into the band. You can't go against your elders, ya know?
And besides, it's a sweet gig for him. He barely has any band commitments, he plays a big concert once a year and maybe records for like a week and then he can go back to his solo and Luna Sea. Win-win!

Oooooohh boy, I can't wait to see how Yoshiki is going to wiggle his way out of releasing a new album next spring! What excuse this time? 

He's still got March 4th, 2017 at Wembley booked. Tickets on sale now!

Be sure to pay the up-charge on your air fare so you can cancel it... in case, ya know, the unthinkable happens and X doesn't show. 

You know what? Nevermind. Forget the upcharge. You can trust Yoshiki, go ahead and book it at the discount rate.

Edited by desparejo86

I've been watching some old X-Japan videos few days now and these guys were really cool back then. It reminded me of why I was such a big fan of them! Toshi was a beast on the vocals, Pata and Taiji were super smooth glam rockers, even Yoshiki was fairly cool there and hide brought his crazy energy to the band. These guys were throwing TV's out of hotel rooms, kicking people during lives and there are slut stories about hide and co floating around the web.

Then fastforward, I check some recent live material........... Yoshiki introduces every song, Yoshiki does some overdramatic shit, Yoshiki and (now ballss-less) Toshi have some random heart warming conversation on the stage. What happened? When did this band become Yoshiki & co.? He was never this prominent back in the day! And what happened to Toshi?

Toshi went to church camp for a while and was never the same

(or whatever that cult/brainwashing stint was about)

EDIT: holy shit remember toshi's band w/ the like 13yo kid in it lmao

Edited by Tokage

oh right. the fucking church era Toshi. Poor guy really.

Compare Uglymouth's video to this, here they  recreate the atmospehere of their early days in a small venue:

lol, love the part where Toshi comes up with his own counter to Yoshikitty. Toshinguin. (not official name), because trying to create an image/brand yourself as a penguin with sunglasses is a cool idea.

Edited by orange~

From someone I used to know who worked in the field, the members of l'arc got burnt out on each other by the time Real came out. It's why they all started doing solo work. Eventually they got back together and no matter how many times and how long they take a break, they know whenever they get back together they can sell out huge stadiums.  And that is the reason why they're together. And  it helps that they're all actually hard working dudes that are able to juggle solo and collaborative works unlike the band (man) in question on this forum!

X during 1987 and 1988 were at their peak performance. Full of energy and what not.

As much as I like to shit on what the band has become thanks to Yoshiki, if you take a step back and look at the projectory of artists, this isn't really out of the ordinary.

They were 20-23 year old kids then with energy levels and drives to want to realise their dreams. 'Starving artists', so to speak. There's most likely a tension between just doing it for the fun of it with nothing to loose and also doing it to survive ("We have to succeed because it's the only thing we can do now!"). This tension creates a creative output that many artists experience early on in their career. 

If you flash forward 25-30 years later you could say most artists fall into one these categories:

-They disappear
-Replay the hits (Living off past successes)

-Keep growing and releasing works of art that might or might not be as influential as their original hit works

So yeah, I'm sure this is going to be a laughable concept to 90% of the forum here due to what I imagine is a demographic of younger people who can't look back too far but...

If you're above a certain age and can look back at your past selves from 10-15-20-25 years ago, were you doing more or less of what you wanted to do? Now, just because an artist created something awesome once, or for a few years, doesn't make them able to reproduce those same success years later. It's downright hard. Even when artist produce consistent work later on, you get the majority of the fans saying "Well, it's okay but it's not as good as the _________ album"

And besides, for Yoshiki, moving to LA ruined him and his actual ability to release work. He started living in the hype world which I think LA / Hollywood is known for. The combination of age and environment has produced an unaccountable creative process that leads to 20 years of no substantial releases. Who spends 10 years of their life on a project (Violet UK) and has nothing to show for it? Pure vanity. You feel the anguish from the engineer Dokk about his years working with Yoshiki from that X Japan Podcast.

Anywho, enough of the literal commentary. Let's get back to poking fun. :)

So, in celeb news, Sofia Vergara (the hot Latina from "Modern Family") and her husband took in "We Are X" and hung with Yoshiki and Marilyn Manson.