Hi Everyone,

I'm Steve, a graphic designer from Canada who's been into Visual Kei for about 10 years. I'm new to the forums, but I've been creeping everything for a little over 2 years (I'm shy, or stupid or something). I'm finally working from home, so I figured I'd have more time to waste on the internet, and thus, get active on MH!

My top 3 bands that I couldn't live without:

1. heidi.

2. Plastic Tree

3. lynch.

I like to consider the 2004-2009ish era my personal 'golden age' for VK, so most of my favorite bands are from that era and are as follows. Those are my top three in order, but the rest are a toss up!

PIERROT

cali≠gari

DEATHGAZE

D'espairsRay

deadman

9GOATS BLACK OUT

DELUHI

MERRY

girugämesh

蜉蝣 (Kagerou)

The GazettE

-OZ-

Sadie

NoGoD

ケミカルピクチャーズ

人格ラヂオ

陰陽座 (Onmyo-za)

As far as 'newer' bands go (I'm getting old), these guys are alright by me:

AvelCain

Develop One's Faculties

DEZERT

DIV

HOLLOWGRAM

KEEL

My BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND

Umbrella

黒百合と影 (Kuroyuri to Kage)

- - -

I like regular J-Rock too (AKFG, FACT, etc.) and as far as English music goes, I mostly like 90's era shoegazing goodness (Ride, Chapterhouse, mbv, etc.) and a little Ringo Deathstarr/Fleeting Joys.

Japanese Rock has been a part of my life for a really long time, and I owe it to sites like this for keeping the love alive! I'm glad to be a part of it nao. Sorry for the band-spam! I like lists and paragraphs. See you in the forums :rock:

awesome taste, welcome to mh fellow canadian! and yes +1 on the 2004-2009 era, soooo many good bands were active then.

Welcome to the forum! You've got great taste. If you have any questions/concerns, or need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask anyone with a red or blue name!

If you like lists and paragraphs, be sure to check out our review/staff-review forum, haha. Enjoy! :D

Welcome to MH friend!

You have mostly my same musical taste in visual kei, so I am going to love you! :P

I hope you will have fun here with us!

You're all so nice! Thanks for taking me on. I'm really looking forward to being a part of the community.

Hi

More one kurage tori to join with me here in MH forum   :yeah:

What is the best album them to you ?

Enjoy in this heave :D

It's probably ammonite, then Nega to Poji, echo and Ink. They just get better with age : ) Hakusei's growing on me too.

You're all so nice! Thanks for taking me on. I'm really looking forward to being a part of the community.

It's probably ammonite, then Nega to Poji, echo and Ink. They just get better with age : ) Hakusei's growing on me too.

The best is Nega to Poji, Puppet show, hide and seek. (Yeah i like the oldest album them XD)

Now, with new age to them i like Ink, ammonite and Hakusei.

If you have time to read my review about Hakusei :D, would be great to know your impressions about the new album.

https://www.monochrome-heaven.com/index.php/topic/39357-review-plastic-tree-hakusei/

In terms of Plastic Tree, "Parade" will always be the album that I obsess the most over, and one of my all time favs! Anywho, welcome aboard! I live in upstate NY myself, so that's a few hours away from Ontario! XD. And I didn't start getting into VK till about 2010/2011, so I guess I just missed the boat in terms of a pretty much unanimous VK golden era! loll.