Trombe

Fixer has joined Starwave Records & new album "Fixer" release

btw. there's one positive thing about Starwave Records which just came to my mind. 

if they'll last at least until the end of 2016 we'll probably can look forward to buy like 2-4 live DVDs of 'em which would be fucking dope!

at least i think this label puts out live DVDs of its bands like crazy if i remember correctly...

also almost nobody does buy DVD.

so, its easy to know from kiwi who to punish if somebody did share...

but yes, live dvd will be sold for sure too. often only 10sold in shop.. so better be careful with sharing if we still want to be able to buy stuff.

Not all members of this forum live in a decent country where it's affordable importing stuff from Japan. I've missed gigs from some of my fave bands because not all governments makes it easy for us to consume entertainment. Don't come with this shitty talk about supporting bands when some of us are struggling financially. Also, it's because of selfish attitudes like "I'll buy this but I won't share with anyone" for whatever reasons or "If you're a true fan you'll buy their stuff" that some of your fave bands die. They need money from merch, yes, but if none of their stuff leaks they don't even get the promotion.

Anygays, I won't waste my time with this elitist bullshit. IDGAF about your opinion.

Looking forward to what this band will come up with and that's what matters.

Hm, I'm not too keen on starwave, but I am happy that fixer is on a record label and that they are releasing a full length album, I am quite fond of them and their new look. Jey especially, even though I really never listened to ReviveR, it seems like really talented muscicians stem from it like Makoto (In TBS) and Jey. Jey's clean vocals and harsh vocals are amazing. Can't wait!

Not all members of this forum live in a decent country where it's affordable importing stuff from Japan. I've missed gigs from some of my fave bands because not all governments makes it easy for us to consume entertainment. Don't come with this shitty talk about supporting bands when some of us are struggling financially. Also, it's because of selfish attitudes like "I'll buy this but I won't share with anyone" for whatever reasons or "If you're a true fan you'll buy their stuff" that some of your fave bands die. They need money from merch, yes, but if none of their stuff leaks they don't even get the promotion.

Anygays, I won't waste my time with this elitist bullshit. IDGAF about your opinion.

Looking forward to what this band will come up with and that's what matters.

If you are broke you have bigger issues than being entertained, especially being spoonfed every single piece of entertainment that you demand when there is already an endless supply of free entertainment available to you.

It's clear that this whole viewpoint on not 'sharing' (a term used to put some kind of bs feel good spin on giving out other people's hard work for free) being 'selfish' (because you are entitled to the labor of other people while you sit at home) is a load of crap solely fabricated to rationalize taking as much as you can from others while not giving back.

And give us a break with the whole theory that a band dies because not enough people got their work for free, especially with a live DVD. It's not up to 'fans' with no experience in the record industry and possibly no work experience what-so-ever to decide what marketing plan should be used.

It is far from elite to buy a cd or dvd, and if you don't care about the opinion's of others then ignore them, they didn't exactly insult you, but you sure are condescending to them.

Lately you post very frequent negative comments and conspiracy theories over and over in different topics but the second someone disagrees with you or has another point of view you snap.

Nobody is trying to stop you from believing that downloading is helping a band stay alive, or that the Earth is flat or whatever equally believable thing you want to post, so give other people the same respect and let them say what they want on a site that is based on discussion. If you want to argue then do it in a civil manner and don't post rhetoric theories and act like everyone who doesn't agree with you is an elitist jerk killing the record industry.

Just my opinion.

Anyway, to pretend to be on topic:

Cool band, hope to see what they come up with next.

This is SO absurd I have to answer you.

So let me see if I get what you meant:

1. If you're broke you have to just shut up and you don't have the right to choose what kind of entertainment you get. Just be grateful for what you have and never aim for the best.

2. If you are able to buy every obscure item a band comes up with it's ok to brag about how you'll end up enjoying it alone, but it's not ok for others to complain about not being able to enjoy it.

3. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to run their business based on exploring bands and coming up with extremely limited overpriced items, almost forcing the bands to disband, based on the fact they'll get no recognition, but it's not ok for a fan that enjoys their art to complain about the fact that they'll prolly disband soon, because, after all, I have no right to say a word about how someone chooses to run their business.

4. Most of the "negative" stuff I post are for the LOLz. If you don't have a sense of humour or don't agree wth mine, it's not my fault. Also, you seem to fail to understand sarcasm. Most of my posts are me adding information to what was posted, so this complaint doesn't even make sense and I'm not here to please you or your taste and they're free to reply to whatever I post.

And last, but not least, if you think underprivileged people don't have the right to choose, I can't complain about not having acess to what I like and you attack people that you don't agree with while complaining that I do the same, then yes, you're an elitist jerk killing the record industry.

I'm not here to argue, ok ? You have your opinion and I have mine. I don't mean to pick up fights and I never attacked anyone here. Just expressing my opinion. Don't want this to become an endless discussion. Let's not flood this post.

lol

as I said before. almost nobody does buy live DVD. sometimes only one or a few persons buy.

kiwamu can easy find out because of that matter who did. he might not punish you. But maybe he will make it more hard for oversea fan to get live dvd.

thats something we also shouldn't forget.

its not always that people don't wanna sbare sometimes its better to not to share. broke or not. sometimes you can't get everything. live with it.

I'd like to remind everyone that this is a thread about Fixer being kidnapped signed to Starwave Records and releasing a full-length album. Let's stick to that topic, shall we? If anyone wants to further discuss free music, the struggle of purchasing rarez, entitlement and such, please find another thread (or perhaps create one?) to do so in a civil manner!

On topic: I have mixed feelings about this. I mean, yay for full-length album, it'll give me a chance to really get into this band, but booooooo for any association with Kiwamu. I worry for any band on Starwave that isn't a second-rate Versailles clone. I can dive into this more when I make a post in the "music hate thread" which would be a better place for my Kiwamu and Starwave rant.

What I will say is this: I'm not worried about the label influencing a change of sound, I'm worried about the label sealing the fate of the band. Most bands I've listened to that have been on Starwave have either disbanded, been kicked off the label (then went in a not-so-great direction), or sent to Purgatory (indefinite hiatus). What I hope for is that Fixer can release some good material on this label to fulfil their contract, and then GTFO!

Wasn't XodiacK a part of Starwave?

Their fate along with Luzmelt's probably has me bitter towards the label. Plus Kiwamu's rumor-mill doesn't paint a favourable image either.

Hopefully they luck out.

Well that was nothing short of fucking gorgeous I love you Jey

...yeah what did someone do to their drummer during this PV shoot XD 

It's like he ate a crate of lemons XD

Kind of sounds like DIAURA, mainly the vocals. Digging it, tough. Sounds more memorable than whatever else they've released so far.

Wow, really? I do like these two live-distributed singles, but I think their earlier stuff is a lot catchier. 

Well that was nothing short of fucking gorgeous I love you Jey

...yeah what did someone do to their drummer during this PV shoot XD 

\

He looks so pissed and bored

Lmao Para chill

I just can't help it!! I feel like Kiwamu has broken some serious boundaries with me by kidnapping one of my favorite bands. #assaultedbykiwamu