anadentone

Ever had an artist reply to you online?

Technically it was a retweet, not a response, but here we go! Last year I've drawn a digital artwork inspired by latest Gyze's album "Asian Chaos". As I posted it on Twitter, Ryoji has liked and retweeted it. To this day I can't describe how honoured I felt 🤩

I don't really post comments directly to artists' social media or send them direct messages very often (or at all, for the latter), but a very indie (non-VK) artist once specifically called out some details of an article I wrote about his band on Twitter - he was very happy that I mentioned their hometown and super surprised that I embedded videos from a local event/radio show or something instead of MVs. I thought it was really cute.

As a writer that can be a bit too detail-oriented sometimes, it's nice when people notice things like that. ;) 

Edited by violetchain

my honmei never retweets anything from a fan, like... he’s never done it.

but he retweeted my video edit for him. 🥰

and then another guy from the same band liked it and said “___’s foreign fans are the best” and i just about died.

i sometimes get to talk to them through DM or replies. or other bands see my drawings i’ve made in the past or like my replies to them. it’s just nice to have interaction. 🧸

I did interviews long time ago to Izumi ( Aion ) Kiwamu , crazy skb ( qp crazy ) etc .

About replies  euro fron speed id , yowmay fron silver rose ,  kerry from  X .

I was in email contact with Ryonai (Blam Honey) between 2008-2009.

He liked my music enough to include it on their final memorial album Providence of Decadence.

He also asked me for multitrack stems so he could perform my version live. I have no idea if this ever happened, although I'm pretty sure that a final live show did occur.

Recently, I was able to talk to SHUN from Vasalla and shigeta from el:cid about various, mostly DEG-related things.

And D+L's vocalist shuji still responds to my selfish questions on instagram every now and then ^_^

Edited by Seelentau

I dont have twitter so I never tweet to any artists, but I do use facebook and have had a few interactions with them on there, Dada from velvet eden used to sometimes message me and he liked one of my profile pics before, kazuma from merry go round liked some of my pictures on my old now deactivated facebook, I added him to the one I currently use but he does not like stuff from me anymore lol but he still will say happy birthday to me on my wall, kyohei from das:vasser added me on facebook and liked some of my pictures, shintaro from black cat and anubis often likes and hearts my pictures, he also always responds when i comment on his stuff, and then ken from gpkism hearts and comments on my pics and posts often talked to him once or twice in messenger as well.  when I had twitter several years ago I remember some members from an cafe followed me, there might of been some others but it was so long ago that I hardly remember. jack spooky from the candy spooky theatre followed me back on instagram before but I think he may have unfollowed me when he realized that I dont post anything on there