anadentone

Ever had an artist reply to you online?

no! just one tweet pointing out that he has arrhythmia

Why did he ban you for that? lol

-

I had found Cell's page on DeviantArt once, and asked him whether it was really him, to which he said it was, and said has trouble writing in English because he is Japanese, but any time I tried posting a comment in Japanese that was more than a few words, I never got a response from him. Sometimes he responds to me on twitter in English though. Makes me sad I can't read/write shit in Japanese (though I still can't be arsed to learn it seriously). But I hope I'll be able to have a real conversation with him someday...

i hardly ever send any kind of communication to band guys so i don't expect anyone to communicate with me.

(and i don't really use twitter which is where people try to get attention like this right ?)

morrigan aryu replied to my happy birthday message on instagram but i think he replied to everyone who sent something. there were maybe some interactions with other uncool people at some point.

i occasionally send stuff only to my few favourite people. but it's mostly koichi and he doesn't interact with anyone ever. BUT this one time i sent him a picture of my tattoo on my foot (it's 52 in the same font he has 2 tattoo on his foot) and not long after this he posted a picture on his blog that had a mug in the background with the same font 5 looking suspiciously photoshopped on and i'm convinced he's sending me a secret message though random items in the back of pictures.

I got some replies from some artist in Twitter (random and serious questions/comments) in the past years:

- HIZUMI (ex. D'espairsRay). He even wrote "Hola" once.
- Kazuya (THE MICRO HEAD 4N'S)
- Tsukasa (Mogamigawa Tsukasa/THE MICRO HEAD 4N'S) always wish his fans a happy birthday if you ask.
- Masato (defspiral) answered a random question about tequila lol
- SHUN. (THE MICRO HEAD 4N'S)
- Noriyuki (fade)

- Nimo (A/TMH4N'S) liked a comment I wrote to him in FB and SHUN. (TMH4N'S) randomly liked a post I shared on my personal FB. 
- Masato (defspiral) liked two of my pictures (non-Jmusic related) in Instagram. Weird.
- Long time ago The Underneath's MySpace replied to my messages. I don't remember who replied, and I don't even remember my account there to check lol.
- I used to talk with Tsukasa (TMH4N'S) on pigg-life a few years ago. He used to teach his fans Japanese and we teached them some English and Spanish.
- Aaaaand Zero (D'espairsRay/TMH4N'S) once tweeted that he has the Mexican football team's t-shirt that some friends and I sent to him. Not so related to the topic, but yeah.

Edited by Purlpi

I've had some of the Guniw Tools guys like my facebook posts of their videos. I've also messaged Jake to say hi, and he replied (he speaks English well). He and Noah from 101A also liked my post of a video of a Portishead cover they did, and she commented. :lolita_love:

also Kaya has responded to my butchered Japanese two or three times lol

I've exchanged tweets and instagram comments/likes with most of the metal/metalcore bands I follow. Crossfaith, Her Name In Blood, Coldrain, Crystal Lake, Loyal To The Grave, etc/bands no one here really cares about lol.

As far as VK musicians I think Yuki (ARCHEMI., ex Zodia, Biosphia) back when I used to translate his blog (we talked mostly through ameba), and Quaff if anyone remembers them lol, not to mention Kyouka and his liking sprees on instagram lately. But thats probably it.

I spoke the band 2Bullet for years. Even designed one of their album covers. Then they stopped ;-;

And not Japanese but Munky from korn likes my instagram pictures every now and again. (lol)

I spoke the band 2Bullet for years. Even designed one of their album covers. Then they stopped ;-;

And not Japanese but Munky from korn likes my instagram pictures every now and again. (lol)

Well talk to deelee again and he will talk to you again. 

Yeah, constantly. Bands in progressive metal are always down to earth with the fans. My favorite band Periphery is so close to the group, I have constant messages, retweets, mentions, and likes on both facebook and Twitter from them. 

I've gotten responses from:

Periphery

Good Tiger

Between The Buried and Me (tommy)

Veil of Maya

Protest The Hero

Rest Among Ruins

Intervals

Plini

Sithu Aye

David Maxim Micic

I once wished KöHey (Sleep My Dear) happy birthday on Facebook. I am Dada's friend on Facebook and sometimes like and comment on his stuff and same with Chro from Velvet Eden but I don't talk to them that much. Oh and I also have Kentaro from DPS on my friend list too. I also talk to Ami from Tokyo Yankees. He's so nice!!! ^_^ Ami (Tokyo Yankees) and Kyohei (Das:Vasser) sometimes like and comment on my stuff. Especially when I post about their bands lol

Edited by Thorathora

For VK, I've interacted with Masayoshi (TOKYO HEROES dr) to buy some CDs and DVDs. I had to convince him that I was not making it up by sending a picture of my own Tokyo Heroes CDs, but after that he was a cool dude.

Most other TOKYO HEROES members have replied to a tweet of mine. And I once got a comment from Nachi/Chifu (eight/The Piass), but he didn't say much.

I'm rather shy in communicating, even via Internet, but I once sent my fanarts to Kasuri and Shilo from SweetHome and they retweeted and commented it. 

i mostly got reply/love at twitter, they're from Yumehito and Kenzo (ex. Ayabie), Toya (Gotcharocka), Mitsu and Kayuu (ex. v[neu]), Makoto (ex. Doremi Dan), Yui (Unite), Yudai and Yusa (Guts and Death), Yusuke (Hero). and once got love from Koichi (Mejibray) at IG for my poorly drawn manga. also. like and post from Hixro (ex. v[neu]) wishing me happy birthday at facebook lol

Nothing Jrock related. I've always had the pleasure of meeting and talking with all of them. But I have had a convo with Joe Inoue online. Besides that, it's mostly youtubers, bands that I've had the pleasure of opening for, and couple of movie celebrities.

even if they reply or not reply is nothing important for me. I know they just try to be kind. Or if they contact fans in private, they just want something from you (sex, advises, learn english or so on). Is surely nothing serious in any case, they just have fun or like to know beautiful girls... only an aesthetic affair is the key here. lol

Edited by Monochromelove

When MoNoLith were around, Takafumi listened to my Dress cover and answered "GREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATTTTT (*insert happy kaomoji here*)". My life almost ended there because I couldn't believe.

Kyouka (Insanity Injection)

his rant about spam mails "I'm sick of spam messages!!!!! Go to hell motherfuckers" etc. was too funny & that first tweet had me lmao "Yes listen to meee"

I've gotten some of my tweets liked by Cion (VRZEL), some facebook posts liked by some random indie guys, a message reply from Sion (ex-Biosphia) and I used to talk to Reki and Naru quite often, before Naru got superbusy with Diealo, though he still replies to my messages every once in a while.

Ah, and I've gotten birthday greetings by Dai Nagao and h.Naoto. I also met Naoto in person, he was very nice.

I don't usually interact with artists, but once I sent a facebook message to Futurism Boyz and got a reply. The hilarious thing is, that I sent them a message in broken Japanese (with an English translation below it in case my Japanese was absolutely atrocious) and they replied back with broken Finnish. I don't even know why, but hey, I'm not complaining. They obviously went the extra mile for their fan. 

Another occasion can not really be described much as interaction. KAMELEO's Hikaru used to tell everyone good night in his twitter and would include a lot of different languages, so I went ahead and told him how to say good night in Finnish and next time he said good night he included it. That was nice. Also one night he only said good night in Finnish. XD This was right after I heard some fans had showed tits on their gig, so... Ima gonna go ahead and assume they were Finns.