Trombe

CREATURE CREATURE new album release

I didn't even know this band existed until today lol.

This sounds absolutely awesome though with the vague prog and dissonance everywhere. Can't wait for this album to drop.

10 minutes ago, Dudemanguy said:

I didn't even know this band existed until today lol.

Do yourself a favor and listen to their 2010 album 'INFERNO'.

On 2017-01-20 at 2:25 PM, Carmelzors said:

If you paid closer attention to certain works by Dead End (MORRIE) or even La'cryma Christi's instrumental craft as we speak (Hiro) as cases in point, you may notice that balls-to-the-wall progging is not a whole new ballgame to them necessarily (note: except for Shinobu, every face in CC has a HUGE record in regards to project participations) ;)

(as @emmnynoted already, I also hear Hiro's good ol' trademark dissonant riff-o-ganza* here as well - always welcomed frill in their songs :))

Reveal hidden contents

yo this is fucking godly this is literally sukekiyo before sukekiyo

i went looking up lacryma to find where uta got his inspiration from but everything sounded so bland...this is brilliant damn and NOW i get it

3 hours ago, emmny said:

yo this is fucking godly this is literally sukekiyo before sukekiyo

i went looking up lacryma to find where uta got his inspiration from but everything sounded so bland...this is brilliant damn and NOW i get it

You should seriously stick to trying out their very first releases (well, take say from 1993/1994 up until 1997 and something from 1998 if you don't mind obvious Luna Sea-iness) because Hiro used to be their most prominent songwriter until their bassist took the lead with his power pop/glam bops :(

So to list albums you should try: Siam's Eye (single), Warm Snow, Dwellers of a Sandcastle (WS' rerecording, superior version), Sculpture of Time and all of those respective A-side singles and parts of Lhasa if you learn to avoid pop bops (MH still should have some, I can up in case they expired)

I apologize for derailing this topic again but to exhibit what exactly was Hiro cooking back in his 20s:

Spoiler

Maybe not so obvious here but the studio version is pretty much 9GBO-pops-lite

(if you are a Hiro stan, you should try parts of Magic Theatre-album too - this is pretty much their last "VK sound" release imho

These guys were such a tight band. 

it got weird when Koji left and was never replaced, leaving Hiro with handling all the guitar work live. Made songs like Henseifu in particular sound kind of empty. 

3 hours ago, Saishu said:

These guys were such a tight band. 

it got weird when Koji left and was never replaced, leaving Hiro with handling all the guitar work live. Made songs like Henseifu in particular sound kind of empty. 

Yeah, that last live DVD is pretty sad. All those great songs sounded so hollow without a 2nd guitar. But at least they came back later and recorded Resurrection together. Still need to buy that box, but I WILL buy it.

Anyway, let's keep this thread for Creature Creature and all things related, then?

It's finally here, guys!

HIROCDonly.jpg

http://www.lacrymachristi.jp/

http://wardrecords.com/SHOP/GQCS30001.html

【1st Solo Album『Gale』収録予定曲】
01. 漆黒
02. Blood Moon
03. Like the Wind
04. Steppenwolf
05. Dear Phantom
06. 甘い罠
07. Fairies in the Forest
08. Bare Fangs
09. Vanity
10. 穏やかな風

This beautiful, beautiful man!

And all the gang reunited. Hopefully KOJI and HIRO will jazz up the place.

Edited by r...

Can someone please point me where to buy the limtied edition at hmv?  ^^" Somehow I cannot find it there and there is no proper link to it on their offical site...thanks! :)

4 hours ago, Black=Right said:

Can someone please point me where to buy the limtied edition at hmv?  ^^" Somehow I cannot find it there and there is no proper link to it on their offical site...thanks! :)

It's not listed on HMV or any other retailer yet.

Did we forget this was a thing?

i got my copy yesterday, and after two listens I'm a little disappointed. It's definitely the more experimental side of Morrie, and you're not going to get any traditional rockers like "Dream Caller" or "Paradise".  The closest thing is probably "Eden Made", which sounds like the sister song to "Rakuen e".  Which is fine! But the problem I'm having is that nothing is really standing out at the moment. This could mean that it's going to grow on me, or maybe I'm just still high on Phantoms, which i still rock on a regular basis. 

Unfortunately, the biggest offender is the last track, which meanders for nine minutes and never really seems to make its point. So, I mean, hype is down at the moment, but I'll give it more time to grow on me. 

3 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Did we forget this was a thing?

Definitely not. I suppose we are all still anxiously waiting for someone to upload it... No pressure, though. 

Edited by Lestat

As much as I laughed at Morrie's vocals in the preview, "Ai to Shi no Yuugijou" is my favorite track on the album right now. It pretty much encompasses everything I love about this band.

After getting my copy a couple of days ago, I much enjoyed the new album on my first listen. It's definitely much more on the progressive/experimental side of things than the previous albums which could be good or bad depending on your perspective. Morrie's vocals are delightfully varied and uniquely his (as expected), and there's a lot of unusual/weird riffs in here. All in all, it's a winner for me.