Zeus

IPS4 Question and Help Thread

29 minutes ago, Ikna said:

Glad the Avatars are now bigger. Things look much better now. However on mobile I don't see the Monochrome-heaven banner (or is this intentional?)

Also did the function to view all status updates vanish? You can only see the recent ones

There is no banner, when it was visible on mobile it would break the forums because the banner didnt resize (at least on my phone)

Yes, the rotating banner is supposed to be hidden on smaller screen so that it doesn't break the layout.

Btw, I added the who is recently browsing panel to the bottom of a thread/section.

On 4/13/2016 at 0:58 AM, eiheartx said:

^lmao ok my mistake xD

edit: wait, no. actually my photo is 974 x1280! When I upload it, I had to crop it (ok) but it's still very bad in quality. Ok I guess I must upload it somewhere else and add the url.

after some experimenting i've noticed something with avatars: if you upload an image file that doesn't have a 1:1 ratio and larger than 178x178, it will be downscaled such that the longer side is 178px, and then the portion selected in the cropping tool (which will be smaller than 178x178) is stretched to fill the 178x178x area. Hence the "blurry" effect.

in other words, with high reso stuff that isn't a square, do the cropping/resizing yourself first before uploading :)

I had increased the size of large avatar to 178*178px on the client side via CSS, but there was more to that on the server side which limited the maximum height/width to 200-300px (it can cause an image blurry if either size is less than 178px after getting cropped).

Although I still don't entirely understand it, I've extended the maximum height/width to 400px when cropping. Let's see if that helps.

I just noticed that the profile panel looks a bit messed up:

11vkwg7.jpg

The twitter handle isn't centered, and there's a space missing after Location. 

I'm using Chrome 50.0.2661.87m. 

EDIT: Also, the new widgets on the front page look so good!

Edited by paradoxal

8 hours ago, paradoxal said:

I just noticed that the profile panel looks a bit messed up:

Looks the same for me. (I'm also using Chrome)

How did you not notice it before o-o  It's been bothering me since DAY ONE

But I didn't think it was important so I didn't mention it.

I noticed that too. TBH this is weird but it's the default layout not theme dependent. O_o

Even if you switch the theme to the official one (there is a theme option at the footer), it still looks the same. lol

On 4/13/2016 at 9:44 PM, nostalgia said:

2. We staff would like to preserve such editing privileges to only the staff members in order to prevent abuse in some manner.

it is possible to make the "edited <> by" line font a tad smaller and/or darker?

and is it possible to give users a period of  5-10 minutes after posting before the "edited" line pops up?

other boards have this feature, and it's v. convenient because a lot of message editing is basic grammar fixes and stuff, and the edited -- line looks really distracting right now.

Edited by nekkichi

We can look into making the text smaller. IPS4 does not ship with a feature to allow x amount of time before the 'Edit' message shows up. It's either on or off. This feature could come in a future update.

rofl! I see. That's because you're following me. In other words, you'll be seeing all of your followers' activities via notification.

You can manage your notification settings here.

Currently, gif files are not getting uploaded to the server for some reason; in other words, animated avatars are not working except for existing ones.

I'm not entirely sure what's the cause, but I'm assuming that it could be either the wrong server configuration or an IPS bug. We always keep the forum software up to date when newer versions are available though.

2 hours ago, nostalgia said:

Currently, gif files are not getting uploaded to the server for some reason; in other words, animated avatars are not working except for existing ones.

I'm not entirely sure what's the cause, but I'm assuming that it could be either the wrong server configuration or an IPS bug. We always keep the forum software up to date when newer versions are available though.

yeah i noticed that i couldnt upload a gif avatar

even though when the forum had just been upgraded i was able to

i hope they fix it ;_;

did anyone else suddenly start getting notifications from users they never followed posting things? I doublechecked @ their profile and I indeed don't follow them (not to mention the thread that popped up was from like february)

so weird

I swear @nekkichi, you are MH's favorite or something. You get all the fun bugs.

What you see there are posts that we've hidden. I don't know why you could see them at that moment because you aren't supposed to be able to. You can't see them now when I checked again. It's probably a forum bug.

14 hours ago, Zeus said:

I swear @nekkichi, you are MH's favorite or something. You get all the fun bugs.

What you see there are posts that we've hidden. I don't know why you could see them at that moment because you aren't supposed to be able to. You can't see them now when I checked again. It's probably a forum bug.

I legit have no clue what's going on with my social media accts at times but like that thing was visible while logged off too omg