Sign in to follow this  
Velvet_Alchemy

The Candy Spooky Theater

Oh, The Candy Spooky Theater, I love them, I love Jack! For me, they are more than ordinary Japanese band, their music has true holiday/hallowe'en atmosphere inside, since 3-4 years, there's no Hallowe'en without them! My favourite song? It's probably "Prince of Darkness", cover "This is Hallowe'en", especially in 2006.01.10 tereko version, yet maybe "Devilish Kidnapper" and "Alice". I would buy their every single release, if prices weren't so expensive...

Latest album "SPOOKYWONDERLAND" have disappointed me only with its length. Too short, but its contents: very enjoyable and sometimes close to term "masterpiece", obviously in their own specific genre. "The LIVING DEAD", "La Dance Macabre", already mentioned "Alice" and re-make of "Prince of Darkness" were best points on this release. Generally, biggest fault of TCST is probably how productive these guys are. About half hour of music after 3 years of waiting? And yet they try to sell it as full-length album? Jack should probably be more sincere with his fans to say, it's only EP. But no... After all, I don't change my mind about characteristic of this music, its quality: as well their older, like latest songs are very close to my aesthetic and music-taste; to sum up: TCSP are for me really good band.

love this band, they are awesome in every way...

I just wish they were a little more productive...

quantity=/=quality I know... but you get the idea right?

:llama:

Aaah yes. I know them and saw them live when they played in the Netherlands ^^ And yes no Halloween evening without them!

I really enjoyed what I've heard of them. Spookiness is always nice to have, whether it's Halloween or not. I just about cracked up when I heard their cover of "This is Halloween" though. That came right out of nowhere.

I have to admit that I checked them out just because of ZULL lol

They're not bad, my favourite song is probably Exorcist

Sign in to follow this