gnk777

Girugamesh will disband

6 hours ago, nekkichi said:

thx for this bright little gem tbh, gazette (or anyone else for that matter) could never:

SaCv2Ue.png

I hope they don't end up poprocking in shitty new bands by september

mte! i hope the girugamesh guy is ok

ughhh, i thought they would last a while longer too...i haven't heard much of their recent stuff, but all their early stuff are awesome. i love every song from Reason of crying.................that kinda makes me want to cry now.

I'm glad seeing the responses here tend to be very positive (unlike many other disbandments.)

Personally, I'm so happy that I've witnessed Girugamesh during its entire career.

I just can't imagine if I'll ever like a band as much as I like them again.

Thanks for being such a huge part of my life for over a decade and from now on.

I don't think even the most critic voices would dare to say anything negative about them at this point seeing as they played a huge role (along with other acts) in this 00s-10s VK wave or w/e you name it (i.e. how we, 20-somethings and prolly 30s know VK in its glory).

This mornig when I woke up, it was the last thing I expected and the first News on my dash. It's sad cause they are an amazing band! Well, i just  hope to hear more of them in the future. :(

I've listened to Girugamesh since they started, there was a time when they were among my top 3 favorite bands.

However, I'm not overly surprised or depressed by this. I thank them for all the music no doubt and they've always seemed like good guys, I wish I could have seen them before.

ok.. I really didn't see this coming, and as old time fan I am TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED. As I was living with their music and music of all old goodies like Despa Diru Mucc etc etc.. and this just sounds like a shity exccuse of them being tired of band and not enjoying making music together.. now I really don't feel like going on their concert in Budapest and I really wanted to go and I'll see if I will...

seeing that D'espairsRay's Hizumi desperatelly was bringing band till the end before his surgery and instead of doing like L'arc~en~CIel or DEATHGAZE and Janne da Arc etc going on hiatus and not making such harsh thing..

I can't say anything positive about this disband and I liked their latest stuff and I just will go to scream somewhere since such stupid disbands like Girugamesh and Versailles really are going on my nerves and leaves me in anguish of listening jrock anymore...

Edited by SamuraiSx
forgot to write one more thing

When other's favorite bands disbanned on this week I was like well, whatever, but now I can understand, what fans of disbanned bands have been feeling... At first I've thought maybe this is someone's joke and this whole topic is a lie, but... I'll be right in that corner, waiting for their return and listening to their albums.

/crying/

Edited by mo7037

I also wanted to link a coupling to my hats-off-ish post above separately (if staff allows that):

Hands down one of their greatest efforts to me personally. I might have not been the fan of their prospective direction but it doesn't take their legacy away, like this or the whole s/t album for instance (which, despite my vast development in tastes, is still somewhat significant).  Really saddened to see these guys go (especially Ryo, my new found interest) :(

Edited by Alroy

NOOOOOOOO!!

Chimera was pretty badass, a good comeback to their powerful style... that's really bad... and they neither won't come in my country :S

I gave up on Girugamesh after NOW, but this is still pretty sad to see one of the major well known bands break up. 

I predict Ryo will bounce back first. 

god awful...

so many great classic vkei bands gonna disband...

now vkei scene is at the bottom of the music line seemingly.

A message from Яyo:

I'm really sorry for the sudden announcement.
This will be Girugamesh's last EU tour. 
To all the fans that have supported us.
Thank you so much. 
It was such a wonderful 12 years and I was able to experience so many things. 
We were able to continue this far is because of you guys, our fans. 
So please come to watch over us this one last time. 
The band will be disbanding and we won't be performing on stage anymore but, I will keep on putting out music.
Music is my purpose in life. 
It's my everything.

I will send off my best with my whole body and soul for the remaining live performances.

From Яyo

I'm both shocked and not surprised that they are disbanding.  I quit following them around the release of NOW, but Girugamesh were a huge part of my high school years (2005 - 2008) of my life.  I really hope the best for the guys in the band and hope they all will keep playing music in some form, whether or not if it's the same style as Girugamesh.

They really didn't do it for me with a lot of their more recent releases, but man if this doesn't bum me out. :(

Oh damn, the timing was very unexpected. Their recent stuff didn't wow me either but it was still worth listening to. I just hope Satoshi will continue his music career (especially REDMAN) since he was the main reason why I listened to girugamesh in the first place.

My all time favorite song from them will always be puzzle. For album, their self-titled one is the album I will always go back to.

Edited by Flame-X

This is so upsetting T.T Girugamesh is one of those bands that I've been listening to forever, and I've been loving all their recent stuff too... REDMAN got kind of boring for me after listening for a while so if Satoshi goes back to that I'll be pretty bummed out. I'm excited to see what Ryo will do next though.