doombox

Worst to First: MUCC Albums

Worst to First: MUCC Albums  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite MUCC album?

• アンティーク (ANTIQUE)
    • 痛絶 (Tsuuzetsu)
    • 哀愁 (Aishuu)
    • 葬ラ謳 (Homura uta)
    • 是空 (Zekuu)
    • 朽木の灯 (Kuchiki no tou)
    • 鵬翼 (Houyoku)
    • 極彩 (Gokusai)
    • 志恩 (Shion)
    • 球体 (Kyutai)
    • カルマ (KARMA)
    • シャングリラ (SHANGRI-LA)
    • THE END OF THE WORLD
    • T.R.E.N.D.Y. -Paradise from 1997-

On 7/19/2016 at 10:28 AM, saishuu said:

goddammit, Tatsurou is a monster.

That performance can also be heard on Kuchiki no Tou - live at Roppongi.

Also:

1 - Kuchiki no Tou

2 - Homura Uta

3 - 6

4 - Zekuu

5 - Shion

6 - Tsuuzetsu 

7 - Gokusai

8 - Kyuutai

aaaaand...Everything else.

17 hours ago, mopkins said:

myakuhaku is their best album since shion and I hope people aren't sleeping on it

MUCC's killin it this year

Completely agree. Myakuhaku got me back into MUCC, after I kinda lost interest starting with Karma. I'm really digging Myakuhaku.

its not all awful, there's like three or four songs vaguely like their old stuff on there, so it's a step in the right direction. emp is good.

I haven't listened to all their albums yet but most of those I have are at the end of the list... which disourages me a little. Why listen to the rest if it won't get better than what I already heard lol (I actually will, eventually).

I was so biased and trash and clicked on "Homura Uta" because I fell in love with this album when I had the chance to hear it live last year and for those overalls ya kno' im sayin' XD. But in all honesty, everything from the lyrics to the instrumental and the bass just clicked with me and formed this beautiful harmony for my ears (but dat intro doe <3). And can we talk about "Kaeranu Hito"? Boy that kills me every time. And freaking "Kimi ni Sachi Are"? Guuurl I wish good ol' 16 years me listened to this instead of other songs when I would be heartbroken. But now, for study purposes I will admit it has nice curse words in it, just refreshing to the ear <3. And "Zetsubou" was what I listen to during finals week after every exam \bitter laugh\. "Uso de Yagamu Shinzo" made me cry my eyes out when I heard it live. I loved this song when I got into them and to finally hear it live, shit was liiiit.

I also loved and still love me some "Karma" any damn time. That album has literally everything : edm songs that bring out that raver in me, Tatsuro's computerized voice that doesn't sound bad to me, Miya's toy that he used to make some futuristic sounds there (what was that toy anyway XD) that freaking broke in the end and they probably won't use it again ehehe XD, freaking Polaris just hold me and cuddle me because that song ruins me to the core and songs like "Hane" and "A." who make me straight up ugly sob worse than any rom-com ever did (I know, I'm a crybaby XD). I may sound like a peasant but I've never listened to an album like that before ehehe XD. I can say that that's what made me love them more : the fact that Miya stood there like "You know what, it's time to pull out my DJ skills and incorporate them in an album kthxbye ya'll". And for the love of everything, there's a DAMN GOAT and disco balls on a grass field just chilling on the covers of the albums. And there's also the song Lion that's just worth blasting it out at 6 am, on a summer, after getting out of the club and watching the sun rise like a G (not that I ever did that psshh XD).

Edited by Triangle

11 minutes ago, diryangrey said:

i'm so glad i'm not the only one who loved karma, there's just so much different shit going on in that record but tbh it all really connects

My ghetto vocabulary isn't enough to promote this album, but I do hope people who are into this type of experimental music will give it a try. They really made a whole new world in it and there is so much more than the surface shows I believe.  From Zeroshiki to Circus to hot damn Daraku, they really played with a lot of instruments. 

2 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

Thank you guys so much for this topic.

it really got me into mucc. 

I know it’s irrelevant here but i think you should do it to other bands as well 

I am so happy to hear that you have taken the time to check out Mucc's music. It definitely makes projects like this worth it. 

Are there other bands specifically you'd be interested in seeing lists like this for? Or just in general?

1 hour ago, doombox said:

I am so happy to hear that you have taken the time to check out Mucc's music. It definitely makes projects like this worth it. 

Are there other bands specifically you'd be interested in seeing lists like this for? Or just in general?

Thank you for responding!

Well I’m trying to get into Plastic Tree, Merry, Buck Tick but I don’t know where to start. Lists like this would help so much.

But in general I’d make sure to check out every band from a list like this. :)

26 minutes ago, Ozileras10 said:

Thank you for responding!

Well I’m trying to get into Plastic Tree, Merry, Buck Tick but I don’t know where to start. Lists like this would help so much.

But in general I’d make sure to check out every band from a list like this. :)

I hear you. Even I'd like to learn more about Pura and Merry's discography, personally. I'll see if we can get the ball rolling on something. ;) 

Edited by doombox

13 minutes ago, doombox said:

I hear you. Even I'd like to learn more about Pura and Merry's discography, personally. I'll see if we can get the ball rolling on something. ;) 

cannot wait :D

Well is very Interesting read a little review of other person about Mucc Discography, well... I Discover Mucc a few years and right now i take the time to listen their whole discography, in fact thanks for the realese of their new album: Kowareta Piano To Living Dead. So after listen and listen and listen all their albums from start to finish here is my TOP 15 Of Mucc Albums:

01-Kuchiki No Tou (I know for some persons is predicible but not guilt me xD! this a fucking Masterpiece)

02-Shin Homura Uta (I listen the Shin Version first and later the original and in my personal opinion I preffer the Re-Record Ver)

03-Myakuhaku (Very Experimental with ALL In One... This Allbum was Fucking Fantastic)

04-Shion (I LOVE IT)

05-Kyutai 

06-Zekuu

07-Kowareta Piano To Living Dead

08-T.R.E.N.D.Y -Paradise From 1997-

09-Gokusai

10-Shangri-La

11-The End Of The World

12-Houyoku

13-Shin Tsuzetsu

14-Karma

15-6

This is my personal opinion, I respect a lot the all Mucc Fanbase tops and opinions so it's okay if mine's  different.

Edited by ZudokatoKuroO

Spoiler

I'll try to make my list

1.- Shion

2.-Kyutai

3.-T.R.E.N.D.Y

4.- Homura no uta

5.-Kuchcki no tou

6.- Gokusai

7.-Houyokou

8.- Tsuuzetsu

9.- Zekuu

10- Antique

11.- Karma

12.-  Shangri-la

13.- The end of the world

I didn't put 6, Kowareta, Aishuu and Myakuhaku bc I only listened to them one time

And why no one is talking about 堕落 (Corruption) from Karma it's a amazing song, totally in love with it