beni

Handheld vs Console

Handheld vs Console  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Handheld (ex. DS, Game Boy, mobile e.c.t.)
    • Console (ex. Wii, Xbox, PC e.c.t.)

Pe1Zeo.jpg

The ultimate gaming question, WHICH HASN'T BEEN ASKED BEFORE!? We may have had similar threads, but nothing with asking this in particular. So, what do you personally prefer? Do you have any reason why? Or are you not fussed, or can't even decide? Has one got more of the games you love?

Feel free to discuss and debate!

The first ever video-game console I received was the PS2 and despite being a big fan of the Gameboy line for Pokemon and a few DBZ games, the PS2, GameCube and others will always take first over handheld. 

With the handheld you have the ability to play and travel at the same time if you wish but then come the limitations such as the control scheme, graphics and constantly having to charge. Although you have the ability to play with people nearby or trade exclusive in-game items, etc.

The console will more than likely have better graphics, a better control scheme, not having to worry about charging the system, 1-4 or even 8 players max. Depending on how far you want to travel back in time to; memory cards could be a hassle at times and nowadays controllers need to be charged due to most being wireless. 

17 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Gamegear was a Sony hand-held, so you weren't super off :')

Sega not Sony lol XD

This is really a hard question especially for people like me who like to game on both, but I suppose if we go by which one I do the most gaming on it would be Console and PC, which btw I get this weird irritation seeing you lump PC gaming with consoles which in my opinion it's should totally have it's own category since gaming on a PC is a totally different experience than on a console. it would have probably been better to separate this as portable gaming vs home gaming just for that reason.

Handheld because i don't have to necessarily be home and/or in front of my TV to play a game, which cuts down the amount of time it takes to beat em. 

handheld, some of the best games I have played are with the GB and PSP. Plus, it is much easier to play anywhere and shift your body in any way you want to. Can't really do the same with a console or PC.

I voted console, but honestly, give us the option to love both! I'm dying lol

I grew up on console (NES/SNES/Genesis) first. 

It wasn't until around the time that game consoles began the switch from cartridge to disc, did I get my hands on my first handheld (GB Color).

To tell you the truth, I spent an equal amount playing on both platforms so it was hard to choose.

Now I struggle to play either one lol

This is essentially asking me which of my babies I like better. :(

*5 agonizing minutes later*

NOT GONNA VOTE.