Sign in to follow this  
SilverEspeon__

YOHIO declared ambassador for Visual Kei app

Ok, I've had some time to think about this. 

This is app isn't going to take off. 

Obviously the app is being made by a Westerner who probably has no connections with anyone in Japan so he decided to get in contact with Yohio - his closest option. 

That being said, promotion for the app in Japan and overseas is going to be slim if not none. 

Why hat Market an app when there is no product behind it. No one knows what the fuck visual kei is. And even if it gains some minimal following in Japan, im pretty sure it won't be a big hit. I don't think the Japanese are as crazy about apps like Americans and Europeans are. 

9 hours ago, Tokage said:

seeing ''the visual kei'' twice in that description in the first post makes me think of old people referring to pokemon as ''the pokeymans'' or some shit like that

also there is literally NO way this app isn't gonna flop/end up turning into VK tinder/grindr or some shit like that

Would VK Grindr really be considered a flop though?

On 2016-10-17 at 7:51 PM, midi:nette said:

is he gonna go on twitter and reply to any bad reviews this app gets when it comes out

I don't know. But probably not.

On 2016-10-14 at 2:33 AM, alpurrt said:

I didn't read every post in this topic, so if someone already mentioned this I'm sorry for just repeating this... anyway I'm pretty sure his ex bandmate, Seike, has something to do with something called VisualUnite, but I'm not sure if they'd be the same thing? I scanned a bit through the visualunite instagram page and didn't see anything about an app... But I'd think if this has anything to do with visualunite and isn't something completely different that YOHIO would have something to do with it since he's someone Seike knows fairly well and seems to be big in the western visual scene. 

If anyone knows more about VisualUnite, or if anything I said was incorrect please feel free to correct me...

Edit: I feel the same way though, even as a fan I just think 'why' I really don't think he should be representing this...

I don't think VisUnite has any relation to VisualUnite. Seike hasn't mentioned anything about this app so I don't think he has anything to do with it.

21 hours ago, Tokage said:

seeing ''the visual kei'' twice in that description in the first post makes me think of old people referring to pokemon as ''the pokeymans'' or some shit like that

also there is literally NO way this app isn't gonna flop/end up turning into VK tinder/grindr or some shit like that

True. I don't think this app is going to come that far...

19 hours ago, Furik said:

Ok, I've had some time to think about this. 

This is app isn't going to take off. 

Obviously the app is being made by a Westerner who probably has no connections with anyone in Japan so he decided to get in contact with Yohio - his closest option. 

That being said, promotion for the app in Japan and overseas is going to be slim if not none. 

Why hat Market an app when there is no product behind it. No one knows what the fuck visual kei is. And even if it gains some minimal following in Japan, im pretty sure it won't be a big hit. I don't think the Japanese are as crazy about apps like Americans and Europeans are. 

I don't think it will be a success either... This just doesn't feel right, IMO

Edited by SilverEspeon__

20 hours ago, Disposable said:

https://twitter.com/visunite well you know things are on the up and up when you're tweeting on a once a month basis. 

flop app, yohio taking l's like a Drake ghostwriter 

Wow, I didn't know it was that bad... To be fair, I haven't really been following the app's account, but still... Only tweeting once a month? Good lord...

I feel the app is going to flop too... It's not going to make it overseas at all... And it is indeed his loss (if that's what you were saying by "taking l's") if it flops. Yeah, I may be a fan of Yohio, but that doesn't mean I can't say negative things to/about him and/or his choices, disagree with him or agree with posts/comments like this (well, unless I was one of those crazy fangirls who sees nothing wrong with their idols, but  if I were one, then this wouldn't have been a pleasant post to comment on).

Edited by SilverEspeon__
Fixed a typo

On 10/19/2016 at 2:28 AM, SilverEspeon__ said:

I don't think VisUnite has any relation to VisualUnite. Seike hasn't mentioned anything about this app so I don't think he has anything to do with it.

I didn't think so... regardless, I think YOHIO is the wrong person for this, despite my love for him...

I feel like this is trying to be the VK version of the Cheerz app for idols (which over time has proved to be quite successful, especially for indies and underground idols) but it doesn’t seem like the same marketing and endorsements are there.

And if it is indeed a similar format to Cheerz, I don’t feel that a ton of VK guys are gonna feel like making profiles of themselves and camwhoring 24/7 to be voted up on it. It’s taken a lot of VK dudes long enough just to get a Twitter or Instagram. Although he’ll maybe they would I’m not terribly familiar with the new ways indies bands are trying to promote themselves, if any.

Sign in to follow this