Sign in to follow this  
Shaolan974

ONE OK ROCK new digital single "Taking off" release

I somehow miss their old rock style they had before. Now it's more pop and less rock and I seems like they change directions into mainstream in order to gain more attention/fans.

There are a lot of bands which changed their musical style/direction and their fans didn't like it. Of course, they make music in order to life from it and the main goal of the music company or label is to make profit, BUT if the artist don't like what they are going it and is pushed into a specific musical corner, both sides will loose.

In the end the label will correct their mistake and change everything back they way it was before.

6 hours ago, DarkPaladin said:

I somehow miss their old rock style they had before. Now it's more pop and less rock and I seems like they change directions into mainstream in order to gain more attention/fans.

There are a lot of bands which changed their musical style/direction and their fans didn't like it. Of course, they make music in order to life from it and the main goal of the music company or label is to make profit, BUT if the artist don't like what they are going it and is pushed into a specific musical corner, both sides will loose.

In the end the label will correct their mistake and change everything back they way it was before.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at with all of this. Yes, their sound has changed. Yes, a lot of old fans aren't happy about it. But OOR are more popular than ever before, they're making more money than ever before, and they all seem pretty happy about it given when they say in interviews and how they appear on social media... 

7 hours ago, DarkPaladin said:

I'm pretty sure OOR is still playing what they want to play (Taka has been composing a lot) and not whatever whichever label is telling them to. The only thing I didn't like very much, and was probably done with reason, was their full English album. Part of the fun about OOR is their dual language lyrics. Taka addressed this last time I saw them live and said the next album will be Japanese again. Not sure whether it'll be released worldwide, or whether it'll get an all English version again or not, but anyway...

Having been there since the second album or so I definitely know what you mean with the changing styles, but at the same time bands grow as the members grow older. They find their own way and whatever they feel like doing best. We'll just have to wait and see what the next full album will be like, but saying OOR has ever been "heavy" or "alternative" or something would be a lie. If you'd want more of that I'd say to go listen to MFS instead.

2 hours ago, doombox said:

I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at with all of this. Yes, their sound has changed. Yes, a lot of old fans aren't happy about it. But OOR are more popular than ever before, they're making more money than ever before, and they all seem pretty happy about it given when they say in interviews and how they appear on social media... 

Well it seems that somehow I went beyond my point. What I was trying to say is, as long they have fun going music and play songs they like and they are happy with it, everything is fine.

It would be much sadder when they were push into a specific musical corner which they didn't choose and aren't happy about it. But when they decided on their own, that they want to change because they have grown older/up and want evolve themselves, I cannot complain. I may dislike their new song but maybe it will fit quite nicely when you will listen to it on their next album.

2 hours ago, Kaye said:

I'm pretty sure OOR is still playing what they want to play (Taka has been composing a lot) and not whatever whichever label is telling them to. The only thing I didn't like very much, and was probably done with reason, was their full English album. Part of the fun about OOR is their dual language lyrics. Taka addressed this last time I saw them live and said the next album will be Japanese again. Not sure whether it'll be released worldwide, or whether it'll get an all English version again or not, but anyway...

Having been there since the second album or so I definitely know what you mean with the changing styles, but at the same time bands grow as the members grow older. They find their own way and whatever they feel like doing best. We'll just have to wait and see what the next full album will be like, but saying OOR has ever been "heavy" or "alternative" or something would be a lie. If you'd want more of that I'd say to go listen to MFS instead.

I already listen to MSF and I still like them :-)

43 minutes ago, DarkPaladin said:

Well it seems that somehow I went beyond my point. What I was trying to say is, as long they have fun going music and play songs they like and they are happy with it, everything is fine.

It would be much sadder when they were push into a specific musical corner which they didn't choose and aren't happy about it. But when they decided on their own, that they want to change because they have grown older/up and want evolve themselves, I cannot complain. I may dislike their new song but maybe it will fit quite nicely when you will listen to it on their next album.

Ah, in that case, yes. It's sad if any band is forced into doing a style of music they don't enjoy. 

34 minutes ago, The Piass said:

(_ _) Not because it`s not my cup of tea. I really did not enjoy that. I lost track on them, they seems more famous and successful but right now (on my opinion) they just sound like typical popstar.

It's actually good for what it is. I'll probably never enjoy their music as much as I did before they turned to this stadium rock style, but hey, still wish them luck in their career overseas.

Sign in to follow this