10 hours ago, rekzer said:

that other thread is kinda dead? can it be merged?

done.

I have one, too lazy to look up my friend code right now tho, i don't really have any multiplayer games for it anyways. The only game I've had since launch is Zelda which i need to get back too XD

I can't wait for Mario and Monster Hunter though.

I'm trying to get my hands on one for my niece and nephew to play on.

I'm just ..... too fucking cheap right now lol.

I want to hold off until Black Friday at this point, since the games go on sale constantly here.

Can anyone with a Wii U tell me if the Switch is a viable upgrade? or can I wait a bit?

Breath of the Wild is available on the Wii U, and Super Mario Odyssey will be released for the Wii U in late Oct.

Those are the only games I think they would play at the moment. Maybe Splatoon.

Difference in graphics seems marginal.

Also, is anyone going to opt for that monthly subscription once it goes into effect?

2 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

I'm trying to get my hands on one for my niece and nephew to play on.

I'm just ..... too fucking cheap right now lol.

I want to hold off until Black Friday at this point, since the games go on sale constantly here.

Can anyone with a Wii U tell me if the Switch is a viable upgrade? or can I wait a bit?

Breath of the Wild is available on the Wii U, and Super Mario Odyssey will be released for the Wii U in late Oct.

Those are the only games I think they would play at the moment. Maybe Splatoon.

Difference in graphics seems marginal.

Also, is anyone going to opt for that monthly subscription once it goes into effect?

As far as I know Super Mario Odyssey will only be on the Switch, unless i missed something... Other reasons to buy one this year would be the mario + rabbids game, splatoon 2, and supposedly Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which is supposed to come out at the very end of the year according to Nintendo. I'm sure there's a few other games that will come out that will be decent, there's also a bunch of smaller indie titles being released on the eshop regularly that are fun to play in portable mode.

my opinion? if you want one this year, then don't wait till black Friday.... you'll most likely not be able to buy one due to the manufacturing setbacks that Nintendo have been experiencing due to component shortages, and since everybody and their momma will be trying to get one around holiday, the chance that their will be enough to go around will be quite unrealistic. However it's not that hard to find one atm as long as you don't mind calling around and keep an eye on local retailers.

I might. depends. the subscription will be required for online play, so if that's a thing for me around the time it goes live I will probably get it. Also there the whole free game service they will be launching with it, similar to games for gold and ps plus. Will have to see how that is received first.

6 minutes ago, rekzer said:

Anyone here playing Splatoon?

I have Splatoon 2 and by that I mean I put fifteen minutes into it and went back to Breath of the Wild. I  may go back to it at a later date because it is a really fun game but only so many games can hold my attention at once and Overwatch is still queen of FPS for my fingers.

I am happy I bought my Switch but I'm not going to lie, there are some things that piss me off royally with it.

Virtual Console is Sad

I can't believe this is still a thing. I know Nintendo is bad with all things online, but this is just inexcusable. Imagine if Microsoft released the Xbox One on the same Xbox Live network as the 360 but locked the new consoles out of the old store. They're literally pissing money away here and this would be the first thing that should have worked on the console.

Online is a Mess

Splatoon 2 online is dreadful. Why do I have to download a whole separate app to talk to my friends on the console?

Limited amount of games to play

The situation improves by the day but to be honest there's like three games I would like to own for the Switch and I have two. The third I can buy through the shop (le gasp). Oops. The system would excel with non-traditional offerings such as retro titles and card games due to its portable nature and yet no one has caught on. There's a ton of potential here.

For those on the fence, give it a few months and a potential hardware revision and the Switch + PC is the best gaming combination of this generation. Hands down. But the things that the Switch needs to improve on are so obvious IDK why  Nintendo is sitting on their hands waiting for magic to happen. It's not going to happen unless they make it happen.

I honestly was disappointed by Breath of the Wild. The game plays great and i love the exploration but the story itself was barely there. Waiting for the story dlc to see if it makes me change my mind. 

I haven't played Splatoon yet (only the test thing) but i did buy it and should arrive tomorrow.

I did had tons of fun with Cave Story+ but mainly because i never played it when it first came out. Same with I am Setsuna.

I do agree with every point you make. Online is shit, not VC yet and the majority of the games are ports of old games.

I bought ARMS and it has been the worst 60 bucks I've spent. I hate it so much. It's boring and barely has any content. Playing solo the CPU will rape you if it's on a high level and online it's just a game of dodge and grab.

I know I will use the Switch a lot once Monster Hunter XX releases later this month but even that is a port of an old game. :( 

26 minutes ago, rekzer said:

I bought ARMS and it has been the worst 60 bucks I've spent. I hate it so much. It's boring and barely has any content. Playing solo the CPU will rape you if it's on a high level and online it's just a game of dodge and grab.

So what you are saying is that ARMS has no legs? Lul.

ARMS is what happens when a video game can't decide if it wants to be for the casuals or for a smaller, competitive circle. Attempting to appease both leaves a game for no one, because it pushes the developer to leave good ideas on the table if it won't go over well with one demographic. Also in every case like this, when it's down to casuals versus competitive players, companies go for the casuals because they're more likely to drop money on the game even if past ventures show they probably don't. OW is suffering this problem too - there are so many things I want them to do but as long as they continue to treat the game like "baby's first FPS" and remove any kind of depth to a character because it would be too difficult to learn it's not going to get better. But OW is massively popular and ARMS is not so I don't think they can afford to emulate Blizzard without the goodwill to fall back on a tried and true formula if it doesn't work out.

I regret buying Splatoon 2.

God Nintendo needs to get their shit together for the online.

I hope the MHXX online is not affected by this

Totally agreed.

I'm actually trading in my splatoon on tuesday to get Mario+rabbids cheaper.

I'm not going to get any game that focuses on multiplayer until the payed service gets online. 

Might gunvold was alright btw. I'm a huge mega man fan so for me it's really cool. It's very short though but also cheap as hell so there's that. 

Also can we get a release date for monster hunter already?! fucking hell

Edited by Takadanobabaalien

SONIC MANIA!! 

Like shit, if you're a old school sonic fan  and not playing this game then you are fucking up. Also I'm calling it right now and saying the absolute best way to play this game is on the switch in portable mode on the go. so good.

On 2017-08-28 at 9:14 AM, Original Saku said:

SONIC MANIA!! 

Like shit, if you're a old school sonic fan  and not playing this game then you are fucking up. Also I'm calling it right now and saying the absolute best way to play this game is on the switch in portable mode on the go. so good.

Agreed. It's really amazing! :)

I'm stuck at part two of the water zone (can't remember the name rn). 

Still on the fence about getting a Switch. There haven't been any titles yet that I've been like "wow, I neeeeed this!!!" yet. 

That'll probably be when they make Super Smash Bros. 5, since that's probably what drives 90% of non-Nintendo stans to buy their hardware anyway. 

59 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Still on the fence about getting a Switch. There haven't been any titles yet that I've been like "wow, I neeeeed this!!!" yet. 

That'll probably be when they make Super Smash Bros. 5, since that's probably what drives 90% of non-Nintendo stans to buy their hardware anyway. 

A new Smash would be cool but I'm pretty sure they're just going to port Smash 4 and add the DLC packs.

This does however look very cool:

Anyone picked up any good game as of lately?

I bought the new dragon ball game but It's unfortunately not as good as I had hoped (despite being a dragon ball fan since the age of 11).

I am considering buying both Golf Story and Steamworld Dig 2 while waiting for Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Heroes.

I am also thinking about the One Piece game but the Dragon ball game made me sceptic to games based on mangas. Have anyone played it, if so - is it any good?

On 9/28/2017 at 7:25 PM, Takadanobabaalien said:

I bought the new dragon ball game but It's unfortunately not as good as I had hoped (despite being a dragon ball fan since the age of 11).

Please tell me you're not talking about Fighterz right?? ;A; I've been meaning to get a PS4 just for that game alone ;w;

Agreed.

I thought that they had developers from Guilty Gear/Blazblue help make this game? 

What did people say about the recent open beta that happened? Good or Nah?

This game is the only DBZ game in a long time to peak my interest.

@sheepprincessgara @YuyoDrift

I'm talking about Dragon ball Xenoverse 2. I think it's a port originally (as it's already on the PS4 among other platforms).

Anyway, it's mediocre at best. 

Edit: I ended up buying Steamworld Dig 2 btw, might be one of the best games on the Switch so far. Anyone who has a Switch should pick it up asap. 

Edited by Takadanobabaalien

I just got one for Christmas~

SW-6384-8134-2134

I only have Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors now, so nothing that's multiplayer (online, that is), but if I get something like Splatoon or Pokken Tournie I'll be glad to play with others.

11 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I just got one for Christmas~

SW-6384-8134-2134

I only have Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors now, so nothing that's multiplayer (online, that is), but if I get something like Splatoon or Pokken Tournie I'll be glad to play with others.

YOU NEED LEGEND OF ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD! 

On 1/7/2018 at 7:51 AM, TheZigzagoon said:

YOU NEED LEGEND OF ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD! 

The store I was at when buying a game didn't have it :( They were sold out of most things because it was right after the Christmas / New Years rush.

@TakadanobabaalienI do not have it for Switch, but I do have it for PS4 since I was part of the original kickstarter. It was a fun game (got through about 3/4th of it) and had some nice Banjo Kazooie throwbacks in it (which is one of my absolute favorite franchises), but playing it on PS4 felt like it was lacking some sort of charm that I wanted it to have.

That being said, I believe they've made patches to fix awkward camera angle fuckups that were around when I played it, so hopefully this time the game's challenges come from  tasks, rather than fighting with the environment to see what's even happening.