9 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

The store I was at when buying a game didn't have it :( They were sold out of most things because it was right after the Christmas / New Years rush.

That sucks :( I hope you can get it soon, it's a game not to be missed out on!

5 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

The store I was at when buying a game didn't have it :( They were sold out of most things because it was right after the Christmas / New Years rush.

@TakadanobabaalienI do not have it for Switch, but I do have it for PS4 since I was part of the original kickstarter. It was a fun game (got through about 3/4th of it) and had some nice Banjo Kazooie throwbacks in it (which is one of my absolute favorite franchises), but playing it on PS4 felt like it was lacking some sort of charm that I wanted it to have.

That being said, I believe they've made patches to fix awkward camera angle fuckups that were around when I played it, so hopefully this time the game's challenges come from  tasks, rather than fighting with the environment to see what's even happening. 

Yeah, that is basically what I'm expecting. Banjo Kazooie is one of my fav. game franchises as well so I feel that I need to get it eventually. I don't expect another Super Mario Odyssey, as long as it's a fun platformer with the same feeling as Banjo Kazooie then I'm all good. And as they've improved what people apparently didn't like with it I'm sure I'll enjoy it... I just can't decide if I should get a digital copy or not (I will regret doing so if, in 6 months a physical release will come). 

Anyway, this game is being released in a couple of days, I think it looks pretty entertaining:

Not sure if I should buy it or just wait for a discount/buy Yooka and Laylee first. 

This seems interesting as well:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Never-Stop-Sneakin--1323913.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=NeverStopSneakin|OutNow|w2

Edited by Takadanobabaalien

Currently playing Xenoblade 2, it's amazing. Recommend it to everybody!

Also want a nintendo direct NOW. The anniversary for the switch is in a couple of days, don't disappoint me nintendo. Planning on buying Kirby and DK on release but I'm craving me some Shin megami tensei and the new pokemon.

46 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Now that the switch has been out for quite a while, how does everyone feel about it?

How many games have you bought? Double dipped? Played from start to finish etc? 

I don't play it anywhere near as much as I thought I would be. That being said, in November I'll be playing Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu, and in December I'll most likely be playing a lot of SSB:Ultimate online. Also, when the next generation of Pokémon games come out I'll be using it religiously as I play VGC's.

So far I've gotten pretty far through LoZ:Botw and Mario Kart 8, I've not played much Pokken Tournament DX and my partner and I recently restarted Super Mario Oddessey, although we've decided to start a Super Mario Galaxy 2 100% playthrough too which is currentlky getting priority.

So yeah, overall I'm not getting much use out of mine, mainly because the games that I would be playing on it aren't released yet, so my PS4 and 3DS have been getting all my attention, but that's not to say I dislike the Switch, I actually really like it. My only complaint with it is the battery life undocked is really short.

My sister recently got a Switch for Christmas and at first I didn't care too much about new consoles. Then I started playing the hell out of Mario Party and I've been fuckin hooked ever since ;w; ❤️ I've also tried getting Cuphead but the download is taking forever. Also, can I just say how much I hate those fucking Joycons? Worst controllers I've ever used but hey, it is for the Switch after all...

it's also fucking bullshit how you have to have an online subscription to play Super Nintendo games what kind of assfuckery ajfodjfiosdjfiosdjfoisf

Friend code: SW-1751-9937-0692

6 hours ago, suji said:

Also, can I just say how much I hate those fucking Joycons? Worst controllers I've ever used but hey, it is for the Switch after all...

Yeah, interesting concept but the buttons as a direction pad doesn't always work well and they're really freaking tiny. Impressive tech tho.

48 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I preordered this: https://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-switch-animal-crossing-new-horizons-edition-2720721

I cannot wait! It's so beautiful~ 😭 I'll share my friend code here when I get it.

I want that so bad! Might've gotten one if I already didn't own one.

Btw, the Nintendo eshop is having a digital game sale right now. Not a lot of big titles but there are tons of decent time-wasters $0.20 - $5.00. I picked these all up for $10:

-Akane

-Diggerman

-Timber man VS

-Qbik

-Crypt of the Necrodancer

-Super Star Path

Might be worth checking out:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide/#filter/:q=&dFR[generalFilters][0]=Deals&dFR[platform][0]=Nintendo Switch

Edited by ghost

Anyone tried playing fighting games on the switch? I saw that MK 11 had a huge discount so bought that last night (still downloading though, 25G and taking 8 hours!)

The joycons don't strike me as a controller designed for fighting games so I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience.

P.S. I heard the pro controller is better, so I'm considering getting one of those.

3 minutes ago, ghost said:

Anyone tried playing fighting games on the switch? I saw that MK 11 had a huge discount so bought that last night (still downloading though, 25G and taking 8 hours!)

The joycons don't strike me as a controller designed for fighting games so I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience.

P.S. I heard the pro controller is better, so I'm considering getting one of those.

Pro Controller is a good investment for those games that seem like the joycons would be a nightmare to use.

I would never play Zelda or even Dark Souls without the Pro Controller. I haven't played any fighting games on the switch, but I'd rather have the pro controller to use than anything else. You should really get one.

@Mihenno Yeah. The fact that the "dpad" is those set of 4 buttons, thumb will wear out fast. You're right, it's time to live right.

Do you own an OEM pro controller or third party? I always trust products from the official company (and it's currently on sale on amazon), but this SNES themed one looks really tempting:
61xDW8zg6pL._SL1110_.jpg

Edit: I caved and bought the one pictured. I couldn't help it since I found it for just under $40 😅

Edited by ghost

3 hours ago, ghost said:

@Mihenno Yeah. The fact that the "dpad" is those set of 4 buttons, thumb will wear out fast. You're right, it's time to live right.

Do you own an OEM pro controller or third party? I always trust products from the official company (and it's currently on sale on amazon), but this SNES themed one looks really tempting:
61xDW8zg6pL._SL1110_.jpg

Edit: I caved and bought the one pictured. I couldn't help it since I found it for just under $40 😅

This is the one I have

1313414.jpg

20 hours ago, ghost said:

61xDW8zg6pL._SL1110_.jpg

Let me 2nd the "yes get a pro controller" I can't imagine things like Zelda or Mario without it (even mario maker really doesn't feel right on the joycons)

Do let us know how that SNES-looking controller works though, it definitely *looks* awesome.

On 3/14/2020 at 6:55 AM, The Reverend said:

Let me 2nd the "yes get a pro controller" I can't imagine things like Zelda or Mario without it (even mario maker really doesn't feel right on the joycons)

Do let us know how that SNES-looking controller works though, it definitely *looks* awesome.

Should be coming in the mail in the next couple days. Will report back!

You've heard of elf on the shelf, now get ready for bitch on the Switch

Switch code is SW-6195-1087-3810 :D